Author Topic: Stupid is as stupid does  (Read 33746 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2019, 07:09:26 AM »
This ain't the movies...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/us/louisiana-two-killed-trying-to-jump-car-over-bridge-opening/index.html

A driver tried to jump a bridge opening in his car. Now two people are dead

Two men died early Friday when a driver tried to jump a car over an opening created by a pontoon swing bridge in southwestern Louisiana, state police said on Facebook.

According to the post, shortly before 2 a.m. CT, Louisiana State Police responded to a single-vehicle crash in the water at the Black Bayou Bridge on Louisiana Highway 384 near Lake Charles.
Two men from Texas died in the crash.

A witness told police that the driver of a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze stopped at the bridge, which was closed to vehicular traffic as a boat passed on the Intracoastal Waterway. The 165-foot section of the bridge on pontoons had been moved to allow the ship to pass.

The car passenger got out and pushed up a gate arm to allow the driver to continue. The driver picked up the passenger and went up to a section of the bridge that is raised as boats pass.

The driver put the car in reverse, stopped then raced up the ramp but the car landed in the water. It sank to the bottom with the driver, 23-year-old Alejandro Cazares of McAllen, Texas, in it. The other man -- 32-year-old Roberto Alejandro Moreno of Edinburg, Texas -- got out of the car but died in the river.

Investigators are working to determine whether alcohol or drugs were a factor.

Drugs or alcohol involved? Ya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxuf-yqx16E

Too bad they didn't get a cell phone vid of the historic attempt.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2019, 11:04:55 AM »
Darwinism at work.   :thumbs:
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2019, 08:35:37 AM »
This ain't the movies...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/us/louisiana-two-killed-trying-to-jump-car-over-bridge-opening/index.html

A driver tried to jump a bridge opening in his car. Now two people are dead

Two men died early Friday when a driver tried to jump a car over an opening created by a pontoon swing bridge in southwestern Louisiana, state police said on Facebook....

Well in their defense, the Dukes of Hazzard did it successfully many, many times ... and made it look easy  :thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2019, 08:53:40 AM »
Well in their defense, the Dukes of Hazzard did it successfully many, many times ... and made it look easy  :thumbs:

That's true! The Dukes may have had a ramp that had a more appropriate slope though. Check out the youtube vid above. Take a look at the angle of the 'ramp' at around 13 seconds.  :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2019, 07:24:49 AM »
 :o

Latest 'Vacuum Challenge' craze could have fatal consequences, health experts warn

A new social media challenge involving a vacuum cleaner and trash bags has gone viral, much to the dismay of health experts, who warn that the idiotic trend could have fatal results.

Numerous videos have emerged on YouTube showing participants of the “Vacuum Challenge” — also known as the “Trash Bag Challenge” — climbing into a garbage bag and letting another person suck the air out with a vacuum hose, often until it becomes so tight that the person topples over, according to Yahoo News.

Experts warn that the challenge can lead to cerebral hypoxia, which is a condition that leads to a decrease of oxygen supply to the brain, despite the presence of adequate blood flow, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

“Brain cells are extremely sensitive to oxygen deprivation and can begin to die within five minutes after oxygen supply has been cut off,” the institute says.

Participants who take on the challenge alone risk getting stuck since the vacuum-sealed bags make it difficult to move.

I'm thinking that anyone who takes this 'challenge' doesn't have all that many brain cells to start out with and that they should hold on to the two or three that they have left.  ::)

If they want a real challenge maybe they should try the same thing using Space Bags?

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2019, 07:55:54 AM »
Competing for a Darwin Award. Good luck to all the competitors.....    :o  ::)   (Yes, I'm bad.)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2019, 12:04:21 PM »

Latest 'Vacuum Challenge' craze could have fatal consequences, health experts warn

A new social media challenge involving a vacuum cleaner and trash bags has gone viral, much to the dismay of health experts, who warn that the idiotic trend could have fatal results.

Numerous videos have emerged on YouTube showing participants of the “Vacuum Challenge” — also known as the “Trash Bag Challenge” — climbing into a garbage bag and letting another person suck the air out with a vacuum hose, often until it becomes so tight that the person topples over, according to Yahoo News.

Experts warn that the challenge can lead to cerebral hypoxia, which is a condition that leads to a decrease of oxygen supply to the brain, despite the presence of adequate blood flow, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

“Brain cells are extremely sensitive to oxygen deprivation and can begin to die within five minutes after oxygen supply has been cut off,” the institute says.

Participants who take on the challenge alone risk getting stuck since the vacuum-sealed bags make it difficult to move.

I'm thinking that anyone who takes this 'challenge' doesn't have all that many brain cells to start out with and that they should hold on to the two or three that they have left.  ::)

If they want a real challenge maybe they should try the same thing using Space Bags?

The real challenge is first eat some Tide pods, then get into the bag with an apple on your head and suck all the air out, then have your drunk, tide pod eating brother in law to shoot the apple with a bow and arrow. Now THAT would be a challenge ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2019, 03:26:52 PM »
The real challenge is first eat some Tide pods, then get into the bag with an apple on your head and suck all the air out, then have your drunk, tide pod eating brother in law to shoot the apple with a bow and arrow. Now THAT would be a challenge ;)

You forgot about adding a bunch of cinnamon...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
heck with the bow and arrow thing, I can do that at 40 yards, on LSD... use a 12 ga shotgun, w/ 00-Buckshot..   but please kids, be safe... hold a pie pan up over your face... just so momma doesn't have to see her precious little boy deformed... hold my beer...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2019, 12:44:49 AM »
heck with the bow and arrow thing, I can do that at 40 yards, on LSD... use a 12 ga shotgun, w/ 00-Buckshot..   but please kids, be safe... hold a pie pan up over your face... just so momma doesn't have to see her precious little boy deformed... hold my beer...

Or.......you could do it like this:  (Yes we know it is fake, but funny anyway.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0aYlk5-_os
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2019, 07:07:43 AM »
WoW, just Wow...

Wasp spray used as meth alternative in West Virginia, possibly linked to 3 overdoses: police

At least three overdose deaths in West Virginia may be linked to a growing trend in Boone County where police believe drug users are turning to wasp spray as an alternative form of methamphetamine.

Sgt. Charles Sutphin with the West Virginia State Police said that people are using the cans of insect repellent to create a “synthetic” version of the drug.

"We're seeing this here on the streets in Boone County," Sutphin told Charleston's WCHS-TV. "People are making a synthetic type methamphetamine out of wasp spray."

Sutphin said the wasp spray can cause erratic behavior and extreme swelling of the hands and feet. He also warned that users can experience a fatal allergic reaction to the synthetic drug after repeated use.

"From what we're being told, if you use it, you know, you might use it once or twice and be fine, but the third time when your body hits that allergic reaction, it can kill you.”

The local station reported Monday that stores in Boone County sold nearly 30 cans of wasp spray on Friday alone.

State police believe at least three overdose deaths last week are tied to the use of the spray as a meth alternative.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2019, 10:25:36 AM »
Team competition for a Darwin award.     :o   :doh:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2019, 05:17:06 PM »
Team competition for a Darwin award.     :o   :doh:

Think bigger....maybe it'll be the next utube challenge.  :thumbs:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2019, 05:48:55 PM »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2019, 07:02:51 PM »
 :rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2019, 08:00:05 PM »
WoW, just Wow...

Wasp spray used as meth alternative in West Virginia, possibly linked to 3 overdoses: police

At least three overdose deaths in West Virginia may be linked to a growing trend in Boone County where police believe drug users are turning to wasp spray as an alternative form of methamphetamine.

Sgt. Charles Sutphin with the West Virginia State Police said that people are using the cans of insect repellent to create a “synthetic” version of the drug.

"We're seeing this here on the streets in Boone County," Sutphin told Charleston's WCHS-TV. "People are making a synthetic type methamphetamine out of wasp spray."

Sutphin said the wasp spray can cause erratic behavior and extreme swelling of the hands and feet. He also warned that users can experience a fatal allergic reaction to the synthetic drug after repeated use.

"From what we're being told, if you use it, you know, you might use it once or twice and be fine, but the third time when your body hits that allergic reaction, it can kill you.”

The local station reported Monday that stores in Boone County sold nearly 30 cans of wasp spray on Friday alone.

State police believe at least three overdose deaths last week are tied to the use of the spray as a meth alternative.

I agree. Darwinism at its finest. Clean out the gene pool before they have a chance to reproduce!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:17 AM »
They've probably already reproduced unfortunately.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2019, 02:38:15 PM »
Yeah. Darwin needs to up his game and get faster.   8) ::)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2019, 07:43:53 AM »
Police: Man asked police for help with his illegal gun

SYCAMORE – A Sycamore man who police said called the DeKalb police to get a rifle from a residence he no longer lived at is facing felony gun charges and remains in jail.

According to court documents, Edward P. Hoover, 38, of the 500 block of State Street, called police just after 5 p.m. Sept. 6 to ask about getting a firearm he had at home in the 1300 block of Adams Way, DeKalb. When police arrived, they asked a woman who lived there if they could search the home and she agreed, according to court documents.

During the search, police found a .22-caliber Keystone Crickett rifle with a sawed-off stock and barrel, along with .22-caliber ammunition, according to court documents. The woman said she did not know they were there before, according to court documents.

Hoover, who pleaded guilty to a felony charge in Sept. 2004 in Cook County, was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, unlawful use of a weapon, possession of a firearm without a FOID card and possession of ammunition without a FOID card.

If convicted of the most serious offense of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, Hoover could face up to 10 years in prison.

He was picked up on a warrant by DeKalb police Saturday, Cmdr. Bob Redel said.

In court Monday, Judge Phillip Montgomery ordered that Hoover be held on a $10,000 bond. If he were to come up with the $1,000 needed to get out of jail, Hoover also would be placed on pretrial supervision and electronic home monitoring, Montgomery ordered.

Hoover is next due in court Oct. 11 for a preliminary hearing.