Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303047 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #380 on: March 25, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
I liked the Johnny 7.  Still want one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #381 on: March 25, 2015, 09:24:39 AM »
 :thumbs: The swiss army knife of toy guns.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2015, 07:37:04 AM »
I used to have a Springfield '03 toy rifle with an operating bolt that had a spring captured gold painted cartridge that sprung forward when the bolt was opened. Wooden stock, fabric sling and stamped metal blue/black barrel and receiver. All us kids had one and we played "Army" for hours in the woods, nobody ever wanted to be a German, so we always fired at make believe "Nazis". Never in our 8-12 year old minds would we ever even think about pointing our rifles at the police, much less holding on to them if we were told to drop them cause our hands would be in the air. That's what my parents taught me.........
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2015, 08:14:03 AM »
Different days and times, unfortunately.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2015, 08:19:01 AM »
I used to have a Springfield '03 toy rifle with an operating bolt that had a spring captured gold painted cartridge that sprung forward when the bolt was opened. Wooden stock, fabric sling and stamped metal blue/black barrel and receiver. All us kids had one and we played "Army" for hours in the woods, nobody ever wanted to be a German, so we always fired at make believe "Nazis". Never in our 8-12 year old minds would we ever even think about pointing our rifles at the police, much less holding on to them if we were told to drop them cause our hands would be in the air. That's what my parents taught me.........

That was before "political correctness" and the "kinder, gentler" society we have been forced to adopt. It makes me sad to see what we have become.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #385 on: March 29, 2015, 08:37:25 AM »
Two things and I'll keep quiet because this could turn into something that gets moved. Jim, responsibility is responsibility, that has never changed, what has changed is that its not being taught to a vast majority of children. But, I know what you mean. Deziner, I'm quite politically incorrect, and will never be forced to adopt anything close to political correctness. A good definition is below.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

OK, done, now back to what we are watching. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #386 on: March 29, 2015, 09:02:04 AM »
We watched The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 yesterday.

I was very disappointed with The Hobbit. Most of the movie was just ok for me while some parts were nothing short of lame and I was happy when the movie ended.

On the other hand, Mockingjay was very good and it left me wanting more when it ended. Of course since it was part 1 it should leave you wanting more. It did in a good way.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #387 on: March 29, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
I liked the Hobbit but it made me go back and read the book as there were many things in the movie I didn't remember...for good reason.  They weren't in the book.  The movie follows the book from about a 10 thousand mile height.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #388 on: March 29, 2015, 09:37:58 AM »
One of the things that I REALLY didn't like in the Hobbit was how lame the Orcs were as fighters.

You saw how fearsome and very well trained they were. By the way they looked almost no one would stand a chance against one, let alone an entire army of them. Yet when it came down to it, kids were picking up swords and making minced meat of the damn things! Are Orcs made of butter or what? 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #389 on: March 29, 2015, 09:49:05 AM »
Parkay.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #390 on: March 29, 2015, 10:09:30 AM »
"I Can't Believe It's Not Butter"
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #391 on: March 30, 2015, 04:22:36 AM »
MotoGP racing.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #392 on: March 30, 2015, 07:37:08 AM »
MotoGP racing.

Weekend after next at COTA!! Yeah baby!

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #393 on: March 30, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »
Walking Dead finale was awesome.
Justified is almost over, its so good right now.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #394 on: March 31, 2015, 04:40:27 AM »
Walking Dead finale was awesome.

:thumbs:  Possibly one of the best season finales EVER!

Justified is almost over, its so good right now.

+1 Maybe Justified will get picked up by another network? We can hope at least.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #395 on: April 01, 2015, 04:29:08 AM »
:thumbs:  Possibly one of the best season finales EVER!

+1 Maybe Justified will get picked up by another network? We can hope at least.

Whatever network picks it up (if ever) will have to justify it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #396 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:40 AM »
Whatever network picks it up (if ever) will have to justify it.

The Office - Rimshot

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #397 on: April 02, 2015, 06:09:04 AM »
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #398 on: April 02, 2015, 06:17:43 AM »
The Croods