Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 305227 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1060 on: September 08, 2017, 08:45:39 AM »
They've screwed us before, but so far episode 1 looked really good.
But so did episode 1 of the idiotic circus season too.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1061 on: September 08, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »
I liked the circus one.   The last one sucked big time.  This one at least has some action in the first episode even though they're recycling a clown from the circus series.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1062 on: September 08, 2017, 11:06:51 AM »
Two replies with the same answer, and they both work!

Yep, I kinda liked that myself.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1063 on: September 08, 2017, 11:21:43 AM »
Amazing- that is the season that finally got us to stop watching it. We had tired of it before but ended up watching out of habit more than actually liking the show, something that happens far too often to be honest. But that season did it- wasn't that the one with Kathy Bates as the bearded lady and Michael Chiklis (sp?) being gay?

Brian

I liked the circus one.   The last one sucked big time.  This one at least has some action in the first episode even though they're recycling a clown from the circus series.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1064 on: September 08, 2017, 11:31:38 AM »
Amazing- that is the season that finally got us to stop watching it. We had tired of it before but ended up watching out of habit more than actually liking the show, something that happens far too often to be honest. But that season did it- wasn't that the one with Kathy Bates as the bearded lady and Michael Chiklis (sp?) being gay?

Brian

I think so..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1065 on: September 08, 2017, 04:04:21 PM »
I liked the 2nd Season (Asylum) the best.  Then the 3rd (Circus).  The 1st season next (the house one), then finally the 4th (the freaky motel thing).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1066 on: September 11, 2017, 06:30:26 AM »
Watched seasons 1 and 2 of Boardwalk Empire. Not bad. Definitely held my interest.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1067 on: September 11, 2017, 10:44:45 AM »
LOVED "IT" in the theater.
Wow what a great flick.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1068 on: September 11, 2017, 03:33:55 PM »
Wow what a great flick.

Yeah, seems like everyone was talking about IT at work today.  I might have to see IT
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1069 on: September 12, 2017, 04:34:48 AM »
Watched seasons 1 and 2 of Boardwalk Empire. Not bad. Definitely held my interest.

Good stuff!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1070 on: September 12, 2017, 04:36:32 AM »
Wow what a great flick.

My oldest son took his family to see It. All except his middle son, he was too scared.  lol

They all said the same thing. It was great and It was very scary and well done.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1071 on: September 16, 2017, 07:40:21 AM »
Three in a row by me now.

Watched Southpaw on Netflix last night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798684/

WoW!!! What a great movie! Very emotional. I had tears running down my face and my wife was blubbering like crazy.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a VERY good actor!

Good stuff.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1072 on: September 16, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »

We lost interest after a few seasons.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1073 on: September 16, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
It changed a lot, and I think for the worse, after season 2. But it was a very well done series, and had a great 'look and feel' of the 1920's about it.

It has the only opening of any series that I ever watched (I always just FF through that stuff) - I just loved that theme and the sort of art deco opening sequence of that show.

Brian

We lost interest after a few seasons.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1074 on: September 16, 2017, 11:03:36 AM »
Watched Exodus last night, out of sheer boredom. I figured if I got through 20 minutes of it it would have been good but to my amazement, I finished it. It is a version of the whole Moses story and let's face it, Cecil B. DeMille and a cast of 50,000 just own that flick, not to mention Charlton Heston does not play Moses, he defines Moses! That whole movie is just a classic, even a cornerstone- corny, overacted to a nuclear degree, strange casting here and there and that old, pastel- colored look and feel. But it is also untouchable IMO and just cannot be remade by anyone else.

And Exodus started off on a bad foot: Christian Bale as Moses? Really? Jesse Pinkman as Joshua, double- really (just when was he going to call someone 'Bitch!' in that story?). But first of all, it was not a remake of The Ten Commandments but a different movie entirely (same basic plot but a very different presentation); God was 'in charge' and directing things, and Moses stumbled a bit and served so he did not have to be Charlton Heston in the first place. A nice twist on the whole burning bush thingy, with God being a very cranky and very Old Testament 10 year old Brit. (seriously but it mostly worked).

Anyway, not a great movie but very watchable considering I thought it was going to be downright awful.

Brian
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:05:40 PM by B.D.F. »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1075 on: September 16, 2017, 11:37:18 AM »
Anyway, not a great movie but very watchable considering it was going to be downright awful.

Maybe I should give it a chance, then.  I had decided I wanted no part in a "remake" of something so great and classic.  I mean, what's next, a remake of Spartacus?  The Wizard of Oz?  (And yes, I did watch and like "The Wiz", but that really was something entirely different)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1076 on: September 17, 2017, 11:28:07 AM »
Yep, the same thing happened with True Grit; the new version is a fine movie, with a first rate cast (Hailee Steinfeld was outstanding, and much better than Kim Darby in the original IMO). Even Jeff Bridges was excellent, and beyond that I am a fan of that actor. But..... the original starred John Wayne and for me, and I think a LOT of other people, he still does and always will simply own that role. I am not even all that big a fan of John Wayne but hey, he IS John Wayne and more importantly, he thought he was John Wayne and manages to convey that to the audience that he is John Wayne (the persona) I think. We saw the re-make in a theater and my wife had never seen the original so shortly after seeing the new one, I grabbed the original and had her watch it. She is not a John Wayne fan at all but also found him much more impressive and imposing in that role. And so it goes with Charlton Heston and Moses I think. Now I liked the Will Smith version of I Am Legend much better than Heston's version (The Omega Man but the same movie) but even when watching Heston in that movie, I am sort of, kind of waiting for him to grab a long staff and straighten out all them there Zombie people.  ;) ;D  Heston owns the Moses role IMO. And probably Ben Hur too. I mean if you had leprosy, who would YOU want to visit you besides Heston?

But Exodus is very, very different and really not compatible at all to Heston's version. Not even close. So it can stand alone as a movie without clashing directly into the earlier version.... a good choice by Ridley Scott IMO. In fact, the new version, Exodus, is almost as different from the 1956 version as Dragnet the series, and Dragnet the movie were (I do not think Jack Webb ever referred to anyone as 'The virgin [put name here] like Dan Ackroyd did with 'The virgin Connie Swail  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKUyfkBA2w)

Brian

Maybe I should give it a chance, then.  I had decided I wanted no part in a "remake" of something so great and classic.  I mean, what's next, a remake of Spartacus?  The Wizard of Oz?  (And yes, I did watch and like "The Wiz", but that really was something entirely different)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1077 on: September 17, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »
Anybody else tuning into Ken Burns' Vietnam tonight? His productions have often been excellent and some outstanding; not sure if enough time has passed for any American to revisit Vietnam with a fair eye but I have been waiting for this one to see if Mr. Burns can apply a fair and even hand.

Peter Coyote is narrating this one so that is a plus, at least IMO. David McCullough would have been even better but now in his mid- 80's, he has not narrated anything in some years, though he is active here and there as a guest historian.

It starts tonight and per the usual Burns documentary, runs on and off for the next 10 days or so; 10 episodes totaling 18 hours.

Brian

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1078 on: September 24, 2017, 04:42:51 PM »
2 Episodes of Pilip K Dicks Electric Dreams watched, most excelenet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick%27s_Electric_Dreams

as a piece of trivia the 2nd episode starred Charlie Chaplins daughter
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1079 on: September 25, 2017, 04:28:29 AM »
Oh man, I'd love to see that.