Author Topic: Advance Sport Touring Side Bag LED Light Install  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Harwood8330

Advance Sport Touring Side Bag LED Light Install
« on: June 02, 2017, 01:18:11 PM »
Good afternoon all,  In the midst of installing the  side bag LED light kit from AST and ran into a snag with the only two loose red wires.  The instructions say to connect to the resistor but show no pic or even hint what or where it is.  I tried to get an answer from Ryan from AST, but no phone number and he hasn't responded to my email. Has anyone done this install and can shed some light?  Thanks, Brian.   :P

Offline Fontenot

Re: Advance Sport Touring Side Bag LED Light Install
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 11:44:25 AM »
be careful when dealing with Advanced Sport Touring, I got their LED tail light and it was damaged so I e-mailed them and returned it for replacement. Never heard another word from them!!! I called and E-mailed   a dozen times and more! Nothing!!!!!!! I will never do business with them again! Buyer beware!!!!!!!! :( >:(
2016 Black C-14
Ivan's Flash
Two Brother's pipe.

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
No Replacement for Displacement
Bikes are my passion and my hobbie,,
If you need help, and are close,, PM me

Offline jmschink

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 07:40:18 PM »
be careful when dealing with Advanced Sport Touring, I got their LED tail light and it was damaged so I e-mailed them and returned it for replacement. Never heard another word from them!!! I called and E-mailed   a dozen times and more! Nothing!!!!!!! I will never do business with them again! Buyer beware!!!!!!!! :( >:(

I purchased the foot peg lowering kit and they were not drilled correctly and they never emailed or called me back either. I actually live about 20 miles from their listed business address but I don't think $80 is worth that confrontation.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »
I purchased the foot peg lowering kit and they were not drilled correctly and they never emailed or called me back either. I actually live about 20 miles from their listed business address but I don't think $80 is worth that confrontation.

It would be to me.  If I needed such a part, and spent $80 on it, then I would want either a usable part or my $80.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline eng943

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »
Email him. I have bought foot peg lowering kit, and emailed him with a question. He responded in 15 minutes.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline jmschink

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 06:00:15 PM »
Email him. I have bought foot peg lowering kit, and emailed him with a question. He responded in 15 minutes.

I also received quick responses from him after ordering, but when i provided pictures and written explanations of the issues he failed to ever respond. I have called him and left many messages. I looked him up through the BBB and I am not the only one this happened to. He is a shady business owner.
Here is the BBB site for reference:
https://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/motorcycle-supplies/advanced-sport-touring-in-hudson-fl-90209893

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »
lol, I was just going to ask if that guy was still in business!! I would try to order from him when I had my C14 and would probably want stuff from him again when I do buy my next C14...looks like he hasn't changed though  :-\
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »
it's really sad, too, because he does sell really good accessories for the Concours!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 06:09:12 AM »
Installed mine a couple of years back but I had the light bar on the rack previously installed so it was just plug and play so I can't recall the red wires.

Had used AST for several items over the years and had no problems. This year the plug on the right side wiring gave way. I emailed Ryan and described the problem. He emailed back and told me he had stopped making that product but had some parts hanging around. I sent pics of the connector where the wiring had broken. Many Many emails later I ended up doing some research and found a connector that worked and made the repair https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6M2ZN6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1  After many transactions and questions answered my luck ran out with Ryan and I joined the ranks of those who are still waiting for an answer to my emails (several)

EDIT  Picture posted twice. Can't seem to remove. Sorry
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 07:42:44 AM »
I have never seen a handicapped motorcycle plate before :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 06:40:15 AM »
I have never seen a handicapped motorcycle plate before :)

Getting to and from is not the problem. Post crash with plates, screws, ankle implants and knees it is hard to walk any distance without pain. Since I am not going to give up biking the handicap spots make life a bit easier. One of the other docs gave me a hard time in the lounge the other day....I told him I would gladly trade the daily pain and limitations to get back to a regular
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 11:35:17 AM »
Getting to and from is not the problem. Post crash with plates, screws, ankle implants and knees it is hard to walk any distance without pain. Since I am not going to give up biking the handicap spots make life a bit easier. One of the other docs gave me a hard time in the lounge the other day....I told him I would gladly trade the daily pain and limitations to get back to a regular
Hats off to you, sir, for riding through the pain!  Like Max, if I’d seen your bike in the wild, I would’ve thought the same thing.  Well, actually, unlike Max, I would’ve thought to myself, “WTF???” And I certainly believe you would HAPPILY give up that placard to be pain free.   :chugbeer:
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline J.L.G.Jr.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
I got one. Where did you get your tank cover?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 01:04:24 PM »

Seriously??
I can give you a list of probably 50 people, that had problems, some worse, that would gladly spend a half hour in getting "satisfaction"...
 :battle: :battle: :shoot: :deadhorse: :nuts: :nuts:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »
I got one. Where did you get your tank cover?

Lookin back I just realized you were talking to me .

Got it in the UK when I was there. Saw several at the MotoGP when it was in INdy and did some research. WHen I was overseas visiting my son I picked it up in England. My wife bought the tank bag that goes on it for my Bday a year later. Nice system https://www.motorcycleheaven.co.uk/bagster-tank-covers/kawasaki/gtr1400-2010-15?zenid=idmfub9j9get73luc3q60dvec6
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »
dude, I simply love the stickers and art on the bike, it is very tastefully done...

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :banana

i hope you are feeling well, and healing well also....
you gotta let me know next time you are rolling down here thru Ohio, so's we can meet up and have dinner in town...

ride safe,
R

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..