Author Topic: Yes I am a Star Wars baby  (Read 7688 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Yes I am a Star Wars baby
« on: April 16, 2015, 01:21:35 PM »
Born in 1969, saw A New Hope at least three times in the theater. I have seen A New Hope more than 300 times. I love all six movies for their own greatness and yes I can see past Jar Jar.

The newest trailer gave me chills and I will be there at midnight for the first showing.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Re: Yes I am a Star Wars baby
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 02:17:38 PM »
First few times I saw it was from the projection booth in the theater my wife ran.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:10:30 PM »
Heck, I saw the first Star Wars movie on my wedding night....wife has never forgiven me for that... :'(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »
Heck, I saw the first Star Wars movie on my wedding night....wife has never forgiven me for that... :'(

Ahhh, but was The Force with you that night?   ;)
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 10:12:02 PM »
300 times? You need to ride more....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 04:24:01 AM »
Ahhh, but was The Force with you that night?   ;)

I was happy on all counts.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 06:56:13 AM »
Is it just me or do the storm troopers look like they are wearing giant 'Breath Rite' strips?
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

wcgreen

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »
Same here... Born at the very end of 1964.  Saw STAR WARS almost 10 times in 1977 and 1978 (it ran for over 15 months straight at our theatre in Mobile)  I will admit... watched this trailer and sat there a minute once it was over, and realized I was choking up.  I thought- "Why is that?"  If you were not a kid growing up at that time, and experienced how one movie seemed to change the entire world and how you saw things... it would be hard to explain.  It was just really good to see that last shot of Chewie and Han, again after several decades.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 08:42:45 AM »
Yeah, I got goose bumps over that.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 09:18:26 AM »
300 times? You need to ride more....

When I was young, I, like most of us, built model cars. I had Star Wars IV on VHS and watched it over and over, and over and over.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm a fan of the original trilogy.  Not quite a fanboy, my fanboy tendencies lie in other franchises...

The second trilogy has it's moments, but I hated Episode III (that's 2+ hours of my life I'm not getting back).  I kept hoping throughout the viewing that the writers might do something interesting, but no it was just a long slow grind.  It didn't help that you already knew that Anikan would become Darth Vader.  Felt more like a poorly written prelude/backstory thing than an actual movie.  Sure, the special effects were cool, and it cost a bjillion dollars to make, but yeah, I was not amused at the end of that movie...

I very much enjoyed Episode I though.  Even though they did kill off one of the most awesome characters ever (Qui Gonn Jinn)!

I'm still on the fence about episode 7.  JJ Abrams didn't do Star Trek any favors (another 2+ hours of my life I'm not getting back).  I still do not have faith in his ability to do Episode 7 right, but he could of course prove his skeptics wrong...
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »
I certainly don't want to debate this, and I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but I absolutely loved the JJ Star Trek movies.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 01:50:26 PM »
I'm more of a Star Trek baby myself or at least I was until Star Wars came out.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 03:55:03 PM »
Born in 61... saw it while we were on TLA in Waikiki, moving from Wahiaha HI back to Pensacola FL.  Was the coolest thing I had ever seen up to that point!
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 04:39:11 PM »
i wanna see it too 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 05:30:49 PM »
Get in line.  We're first.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »
I certainly don't want to debate this, and I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but I absolutely loved the JJ Star Trek movies.
Except for the lens flare, I think the Star Trek reboot was excellent.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 12:49:34 PM »
Born in 1960, I saw the original when it came out after a few of my friends were going ape over it. Ok, good movie, but for me that's it, a good movie, a remake of an American western that was a remake of a Japanese movie. I'll see it when it comes to the library. I don't think I've watch a particular film more than 3 times though.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 09:04:21 AM »
Born in 1960, I saw the original when it came out after a few of my friends were going ape over it. Ok, good movie, but for me that's it, a good movie, a remake of an American western that was a remake of a Japanese movie. I'll see it when it comes to the library. I don't think I've watch a particular film more than 3 times though.

Not many know that... Akira Kurosawa fan... Star Wars was based on Hidden Fortress... Magnificent Seven based on Seven Samurai.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 09:37:37 AM »
Influenced? Yes
but a remake? No
That doesn't make sense.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"