Author Topic: DIY GoPro Hero 3 mount.  (Read 23455 times)

Offline Snype

Re: DIY GoPro Hero 3 mount.
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 08:55:05 AM »
I've been getting into this a lot.  Now I need to expand my server space to manage all of the new videos.  These really take the blues out of the rainy days that I cannot ride..

However, I really want to get rid of the vibration oscillation in the footage.  I know that this is part of the problem of recording video on a high-vibration device, but I know there is a way of managing this.  Is there an image stabilization control on the cam that I am not setting right?  Are there better places to mount this???

My current setup is: Mounted via Ram Mount to my front break control and linked with the 8" (larger) arm.  Usually it's angled to shoot either through the windshield as a center shot, or, adjusted so that the camera is just above my throttle.

I really like the mod that started this thread.  I may build one; however, Stephen mentioned he has a vibration as well.

Suggestions??

Snype

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »
Unfortunately it does have a viberation. There are ways to get rid of that, but none of them would look very clean, or be small. I saw one guy mount a gimbal on his tail section and the video looked MotoGP style. But like i said, its not small lol. 

Long story short, i havent found a way to get rid of the viberation that im happy with. I usually dont do anythigg with the video anyways tho. Its just there just in case.
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline reh8388

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2014, 05:37:02 AM »
Here is a short clip showing the view from my GoPro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODL6gZAcDhI

I have the camera mounted on my canyon cages. I have power running down to it as well so it can run all day.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:59:17 AM by reh8388 »
---------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Kawasaki Concours

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2014, 08:44:24 AM »
Here is a short clip showing the view from my GoPro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODL6gZAcDhI
Couldn't watch your video, appears that this is a invalid address!   
Much vibration being mounted there?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:57:08 AM by maxtog »

Offline reh8388

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »
Couldn't watch your video, appears that this is a invalid address!   
Much vibration being mounted there?

Fixed the link.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Kawasaki Concours

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2014, 09:47:09 AM »

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2015, 02:52:59 PM »
I,m looking at mounting my Hero 4 Silver on my Connie. I have a mount on my helmet(side) but as there is a foot of snow and - 20c so a test ride is out . One thing I have done is install the Gopro app on my Windows phone, Its a Nokia so I use Nokia's DRIVE GPS so the phone already has a mount on my handle bars. The App has a Remote function and the camera view is also shown on the Phones  screen so we shall see how it all works out.

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2015, 08:15:07 AM »
I,m looking at mounting my Hero 4 Silver on my Connie. I have a mount on my helmet(side) but as there is a foot of snow and - 20c so a test ride is out . One thing I have done is install the Gopro app on my Windows phone, Its a Nokia so I use Nokia's DRIVE GPS so the phone already has a mount on my handle bars. The App has a Remote function and the camera view is also shown on the Phones  screen so we shall see how it all works out.

Be advised, that app will suck the life out of both of your batteries. It may be better with the bluetooth function instead of wifi, but still...
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD