Author Topic: Valentines Day - What did ya get your wimenz??  (Read 6135 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Valentines Day - What did ya get your wimenz??
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »

And, when she said she missed getting peanut M&Ms this year, I smiled to myself because I had slipped them into her lunch.

Over dinner last night she said that she spotted the M&Ms in the bag when she had her morning snack.  Due to 'evaporation' all the M&Ms were gone by the end of the day.  I don't know why... 

Yep, those M&Ms have a high vapor pressure for sure.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »

Only fitting that you ride a silverdammit C...  ;)

I take that as a very nice complement J, thank you.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
Chocolate covered strawberries, a couple dozen Milky Way Dark (her favorite), a dozen roses (I'm on a government salary so I can't go big time like Jay).  And I took her out for a meal that was supposed to be nice, but ended up being horrible.  The night still ended very nicely!   ;D

The food or the service or both?? Do tell...

I'm thinking all restraunts were totally packed last night, we stayed in and had a nice dinner and drinks at home because I hate crowds like that and so does mama...

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »

The food or the service or both?? Do tell...

I'm thinking all restraunts were totally packed last night, we stayed in and had a nice dinner and drinks at home because I hate crowds like that and so does mama...

Both!  I felt compelled to let everyone else know what I thought of the experience.  You can read about it here.  The place wasn't even that busy, there were at least 10 empty tables out of the 25 tables or so.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/210/1642799/restaurant/Missouri/St-Robert/River-Rock-Grill-Dixon
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 04:56:56 PM »
A Rash.... ;)
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »
Both!  I felt compelled to let everyone else know what I thought of the experience.  You can read about it here.  The place wasn't even that busy, there were at least 10 empty tables out of the 25 tables or so.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/210/1642799/restaurant/Missouri/St-Robert/River-Rock-Grill-Dixon

Wow, that sucks man, I'd be pissed too...  >:(

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
Valentine card #35 in a row (includes dating years) and coffee in bed before I left.  She brought me a card, chocolate truffles, and made me an outstanding dinner of salmon, wild rice, spinach salad with sweet warm dressing, and fresh strawberry shortcake. You can tell she's a keeper.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 01:21:03 AM »
I did not get her anything ,I realy do not fall for that  money trap,after 35 years together my wife is used to it .
I buy her surprises all the time like special cheeses, flowers, perfume etc . When we were dating I used to buy Flowers once or twice a week .
Now what did she give  me  :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:48 AM »
I did not get her anything ,I realy do not fall for that  money trap,after 35 years together my wife is used to it .
I buy her surprises all the time like special cheeses, flowers, perfume etc . When we were dating I used to buy Flowers once or twice a week .
Now what did she give  me  :)

+1 to this. I've known my wife since 1975 and been married to her since 1977. We still love each other and more importantly, we still like each other and enjoy each other's company.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 10:26:59 AM »
Like Graham, I got her nothing and she got me nothing. We treat each other the same every single day of the year and theres no reason for us to have to have a day to tell each other what we already know and feel about each other. Married since 1992.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50