Author Topic: Seeing the surgeon  (Read 29251 times)

Offline Walker18

• Arena
Re: Seeing the surgeon
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 04:32:49 AM »
It's amazing what our medical society can do today, compared to just ten years ago. The advancements are leaps and bounds instead of the crawling progress
that once was, so I'm betting on your surgeon and his team to perform the procedure with accuracy and minimum invasion as to allow you a quick and speedy recovery time.
Prayers will be with you today, and throughout your recovery. God bless, Chet!
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 08:11:54 AM »
at 0930 I'll be meeting my cute voiced nurse, I'll be on the table by 1100, procedure will be about an hour long, sew me up, wake me up, wipe the drool off of my face, tell me bho was impeached alongside Eric Holders dimissal, and all will be well with the world.  Oh well, doesnt hurt to dream.  All I am really interested in will be reduced back pain, and pain free sex.  Aint asking for much ;)

I want to thank everyone for their words, well wishes, and prayers.  Some of which have been answered, my father is up on the mountain with my buddy, so I will have a coupla weeks to recoupe before he returns.  The Lord works in strange ways indeed.  I'll post up first chance I get after the procedure.  I just finished my last meal before the procedure and dranks lots of water.  Gonna miss my morning cup of joe, food not so much.  I'm getting nervous, I had a bone spur removed from my ankle in '99, hurt like heck and took a long time to heal.  I am in high hopes my back does better.

Thanks again, be well,

Chet

Pain free sex? What fun is that?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »
Pain free sex? What fun is that?    ;)
It's the pain after sex ;D

So, made it home.  Procedure went well, I think.  What to do for the next 3 weeks???

To our virtual family, a huge thank you.  I never felt nervous or concerned.  Power of prayer pulled me through, I had complete faith, so much so I was napping while waiting for the procedure to start.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »
Glad to hear that you are feeling good.  Hopefully the pain killers are sufficient enough to keep you comfortable.  Have fun and try to enjoy your time on the couch.  Take it from me, it can be hard to be laid up but you need to get well before you try to get out and get back to work.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »

So, made it home.  Procedure went well, I think.  What to do for the next 3 weeks???

To our virtual family, a huge thank you.  I never felt nervous or concerned.  Power of prayer pulled me through, I had complete faith, so much so I was napping while waiting for the procedure to start.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.!!!!!!!!!

Good news! Take 'er easy Chet, catch up on your movies and read a book or two.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 06:26:42 PM »
Good news! Take 'er easy Chet, catch up on your movies and read a book or two.

I have a good one for you.  MARINE SNIPER by Charles Henderson.  It is the story of Carlos Hathcock and his 93 confirmed kills during the Vietnam War.  I don't read many books but this one was great since I can appreciate the talent that it takes to make accurate shots from long distances and to have so much self discipline that he went undetected for days with enemy soldiers all around.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 06:48:53 PM »
Outstanding Chet! Glad to hear the surgery itself went well but to be honest, I expected that it would. The real test is to see how much better you do after fully recovering from the surgery itself and again, the very best of luck with that too.

A short but amusing and true story about anesthesia: A friend of mine went to have a tooth extracted many years ago when using sodium pentothal was fairly new (this was before I knew him). But as he thinks drugs do not really 'work' on people and it is just 'mind over matter', he cautions the dentist that he will not be rendered unconscious and to please be aware of this before beginning the procedure. The dentist says he understands and will pay very close attention to this gentleman's condition and will not under any circumstances treat him if (when?) he fails to become unconscious. So the guy is sitting in the chair, the I.V. is running and he is counting backwards from 100 <when suddenly> the dentist starts to lean over him and he screams 'I am not asleep!'. To which the dentist says 'schmuck' and holds up the tooth he already extracted from the guy. Hehehehe. That same guy tells a great vasectomy story but I will wait and tell that one when you are really bored.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 04:23:43 AM »
I have a good one for you.  MARINE SNIPER by Charles Henderson.  It is the story of Carlos Hathcock and his 93 confirmed kills during the Vietnam War.  I don't read many books but this one was great since I can appreciate the talent that it takes to make accurate shots from long distances and to have so much self discipline that he went undetected for days with enemy soldiers all around.

+bazillion  Great Book.  After I read it, I gave it to one of my Marine clients.  He loved it as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 05:09:55 AM »
Yep.....glad to hear all went well! Prayers for a speedy recovery. :)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »

Chet I think you went to the wrong kind of doctor for that. :rotflmao:

Get better.
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Son of Pappy

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 09:10:09 AM »
Quick update.  I'm entering the hardest part of the recovery.  After reading Jettin Jims (JJ) saga and his plate removal I had an epiphany, he hit the nail on the head in referance to pain and what it represents.  I stopped taking mine (pain meds).  It is apparent to me that a mind clouded by drugs is less sharp then a mind filled with pain.  I find it easier to have a routine and am far less moody.  My biggest hurdle will be doing nothing for the next 2 1/2 weeks, it will be a new perspective for sure.  I guess I will be doing reloading type stuff, polishing brass and sorting things out, not sure if I am ready for the press yet.  I will be starting a walking routine, I already have my route selected as well as a goal.  Tomorow is gonna be like heaven----I get to take a shower, hot, soothing water, and lots of soap, oh the joy that awaits me (my wife said I stink, if she had smelled BDF she wouldnt be so concerned).

A special thanks to JJ, great inspiration.
To the rest of our virtual family, thanks from the bottom of my heart.

PS, Doc said no sex for 3 weeks, gotta wait 2 weeks, 2 days, and 4 hours to see how effective the procedure was ;D

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 07:25:54 AM »
How is Chet doing?
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Son of Pappy

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 07:30:28 AM »
This couch sucks!  Gonna go out to the shop today and sort some brass and setup to do some reloading, got me a batch of fresh brass from Leo that is just begging for primers, powder and lead ;D  I guess you could say I'm playing with precious metals.
Been off the pain pills for a few days, clear mind and constant reminders to take it easy.  I dont know who's taking this harder, me or the dog.  He has such a bored look on his face :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 08:38:27 AM »
This couch sucks!  Gonna go out to the shop today and sort some brass and setup to do some reloading, got me a batch of fresh brass from Leo that is just begging for primers, powder and lead ;D  I guess you could say I'm playing with precious metals.
Been off the pain pills for a few days, clear mind and constant reminders to take it easy.  I dont know who's taking this harder, me or the dog.  He has such a bored look on his face :(

He wants to go for a walk Chet.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »
He wants to go for a walk Chet.
Too funny, we just got back, he was living the high life, chased a rabbit and said howdy to a neighbors beagle ;D  I'd let him stay out but he wont let me out of his sight.  Dogs, mans best friend.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 08:49:15 AM »
Too funny, we just got back, he was living the high life, chased a rabbit and said howdy to a neighbors beagle ;D  I'd let him stay out but he wont let me out of his sight.  Dogs, mans best friend.

You got that right, there ain't nothing in the world like a good dog.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 08:52:55 AM »
The secret of life...A good dog, a lot of money, live next to a whorehouse.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2011, 09:05:49 AM »
Yeah but I had America all over me, what is your excuse? You have been lying on the couch....

You must have a 'sex countdown' timer running, huh? Boy is the mailman going to be surprised if that thing goes off while he is delivering at your house, and then he is going to be late for the entire rest of his route....

Brian

<snip>

Tomorow is gonna be like heaven----I get to take a shower, hot, soothing water, and lots of soap, oh the joy that awaits me (my wife said I stink, if she had smelled BDF she wouldnt be so concerned).

A special thanks to JJ, great inspiration.
To the rest of our virtual family, thanks from the bottom of my heart.

PS, Doc said no sex for 3 weeks, gotta wait 2 weeks, 2 days, and 4 hours to see how effective the procedure was ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2011, 09:29:35 AM »
Yeah but I had America all over me, what is your excuse? You have been lying on the couch....

You must have a 'sex countdown' timer running, huh? Boy is the mailman going to be surprised if that thing goes off while he is delivering at your house, and then he is going to be late for the entire rest of his route....

Brian
mailbox is down the street, so the mail lady is safe (and kinda homely).  Sex is sooooo overated anyway.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2011, 09:32:39 AM »
mailbox is down the street, so the mail lady is safe (and kinda homely).  Sex is sooooo overated anyway.

Keep tellin' yerself that.  It might eventually take hold ..................errrr, not a chance.