Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 675505 times)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3160 on: May 20, 2018, 07:34:29 AM »
It's incredible that feminism has evolved into women being half-naked and promiscuous.  Yeah, that'll really stick it to the men.

I think there is more to feminism than being half-naked and promiscuous. Those may be by-products of them rejecting traditional boundaries and norms.
The guy who convinced women that topless protesting is very effective, is pure genius.  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #3161 on: May 20, 2018, 07:46:06 AM »
IMO, the Cornell lass didn't go far enough. Hope I never reach the state of mind where I get upset by harmless youthful exuberance or by young ladies not closely related to me, shedding their clothes. That level of curmudgeon requires a boneheadedness which can only result from inadvertently placing a bone stimulator contraption on the cranium. To my knowledge, nobody's Constitutional rights were tinkered with or harmed by that senior thesis presentation.
PS. Progressive insurance co. is running ads showing people thinking/behaving like their parents. I think they call it parentamorphosis.  Some of the members here seem to have skipped a generation and are behaving like their grandparents. heh..heh...heh
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #3162 on: May 20, 2018, 07:50:25 AM »
Further evidence of the renaissance of half-witted intolerance : https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/05/17/us/aaron-schlossberg-attorney-racist-rant/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

At the other end of the racial harmony spectrum there was the Brit Royal wedding yesterday which offers some hope for optimism.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3163 on: May 20, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »
Further evidence of the renaissance of half-witted intolerance : https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/05/17/us/aaron-schlossberg-attorney-racist-rant/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

At the other end of the racial harmony spectrum there was the Brit Royal wedding yesterday which offers some hope for optimism.

yep.... ::)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3164 on: May 20, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »
So I take it you do not believe the data contained in the book The Bell Curve?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

IMO, the Cornell lass didn't go far enough. Hope I never reach the state of mind where I get upset by harmless youthful exuberance or by young ladies not closely related to me, shedding their clothes. That level of curmudgeon requires a boneheadedness which can only result from inadvertently placing a bone stimulator contraption on the cranium. To my knowledge, nobody's Constitutional rights were tinkered with or harmed by that senior thesis presentation.
PS. Progressive insurance co. is running ads showing people thinking/behaving like their parents. I think they call it parentamorphosis.  Some of the members here seem to have skipped a generation and are behaving like their grandparents. heh..heh...heh
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3165 on: May 20, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »
I had to go look that up. 'Hardscrabble' farm was what Grant named it and could not make a living there. In fact, once outside the Army, he could not make much of a living at anything. Pretty amazing actually. But it turns out he was only good at two things; interacting with horses and war. Though some disagree with the war part....

Brian

So... What is grown on Grant's farm?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #3166 on: May 20, 2018, 03:10:45 PM »
So I take it you do not believe the data contained in the book The Bell Curve?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

That's too vague. Specifically which data are you referring to?  :popcorn:
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3167 on: May 21, 2018, 07:56:35 AM »
I can only speak for myself but nobody I know of is upset. Disapproval is quite different than upset. I found it quite sad that after 1/4 million dollar education that was the best she could come up with for a senior thesis. I guess she had to strip to distract from the fact her thesis was a rambling, incoherent screed on victim hood and displayed zero scholarship.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3168 on: May 21, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »
A pole dance might have helped.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3169 on: May 21, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »
A pole dance might have helped.

Can't hurt!   :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3170 on: May 21, 2018, 02:09:30 PM »
Can't hurt!   :P

You sure?

! No longer available

... although it ended up working out pretty well for him  :thumbs:

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #3171 on: May 21, 2018, 06:53:22 PM »
I can only speak for myself but nobody I know of is upset.

Contradictory statement.

Disapproval is quite different than upset.

Disapproval is usually the starting point for being upset. Given the following post from you earlier, it appears that you are way past just disapproval.  ;D

[/quote]
That poor human being has issues. I suspect primarily caused by disinformation poison disguised as education.

I found it quite sad that after 1/4 million dollar education that was the best she could come up with for a senior thesis.

That is a dramatic departure from the libertarian attitude of not judging how people spend their money. Her parents may have been happy spending a million dollars for her to learn basket-weaving at an Ivy league school. Who are we to condemn that?

I guess she had to strip to distract from the fact her thesis was a rambling, incoherent screed on victim hood and displayed zero scholarship.

I trust that you have sat through many senior theses by 22 year olds in the Humanities or Social Sciences to be able to trash her effort so casually. I have no idea what caused all the angst at the beginning of the presentation, but the clothes shedding by her and at least some of the audience was some sort of solidarity, perhaps to show that under the veneer of clothing we all belong to the same species? C'mon now, if she had stripped to pasties and butt-floss thongs then your distraction would be justified.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3172 on: May 21, 2018, 08:00:21 PM »

C'mon now, if she had stripped to pasties and butt-floss thongs then your distraction would be justified.

:pukeface:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #3173 on: May 23, 2018, 05:13:48 AM »
:pukeface:

Poor chap was on the verge of posting something interesting about pasties and thongs when the bad sushi from dinner demanded an emergency exit. He was barely able to get to the hurling emoticon to signal his distress. Hope he's feeling better now.  :)
Disclaimer: This is my own personal interpretation of events. May bear no resemblance to reality.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3174 on: May 23, 2018, 06:41:58 PM »
May bear no resemblance to reality.
In that we can agree on.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3175 on: May 28, 2018, 08:29:03 AM »
Well, that time has rolled around and once again, it is the 28th of May, of course better known as Menstrual Hygene Day:  http://menstrualhygieneday.org/  This year, the newest member of the Royal Family is on hand to support this cause, Megan Markle : https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Wellness/meghan-markle-voice-issue-menstrual-hygiene-care/story?id=55409921

So let's not forget to menstruate hygienically, as well as sending out those cards to loved ones on this special day.

Of course I am excited not only because this special day kicks off summer but is also the 'crotch days' including the upcoming National Hemorrhoid Day and of course, Foreskin Day (subtitled 'Keep it or Klip it?").

Now if we can just get Abscess Day on the map, along with cards so themed by Hallmark and American Greeting, we will have made substantial progress IMO. Well, not progress but change. When I was a kid, no one could ever actually show a toilet on TV (remember the little guy in the rowboat advertising for the toilet cleaner? You never saw the bowl, only the top of the tank). Ah yes, the 'bad old days' of a little dignity and decorum. Boy, have we come a long way or what, huh?

Brian

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3176 on: May 29, 2018, 09:57:01 AM »
Went to visit my daughter in Oklahoma City this last weekend and visited the Oklahoma City National Memorial. The chairs at the site representing each victim is very moving. Small chairs for the children, larger for the adults.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3177 on: June 03, 2018, 08:50:09 AM »
Going to dump my land line finally.  Can't stand the robo calls.  I was holding up doing it and then was wondering if I could still use my phone set somehow.  Verizon has a device where you can port your number to it and use it via cell but that's still using the old landline number which I want to get rid of.  There's also a monthly fee.  So just found this out today that the newer handsets (I'm looking a Pansonic) can have blue tooth built in.  You sync your phone to the main set and then the calls can route through all the sets.  Your phone has to be within blue tooth range of the main unit but I don't see a problem with that.  Panasonic calls that link2cell.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3178 on: June 03, 2018, 09:11:55 AM »
Let me see if I understand this. So instead of just keeping your cell handy you can spend more money on new 'not land line' home phones so you can sit in the lazy boy and pretend your not talking on your cell phone. Have I got that right?  ???

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3179 on: June 03, 2018, 09:32:31 AM »
In a nutshell, yes.  I make lots of calls (non-robo) to clients during the day.  The cell phone is awkward and radiates cosmic rays to my brane.  I feel this is the safer solution overall.  I could wear the helmet but then I can't hear very much.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.