Author Topic: Snow!!!  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Conrad

Snow!!!
« on: October 29, 2019, 06:25:05 AM »
Oh hell no! It's WAY too early for this. We woke up to an inch or so of that cold wet stuff this morn.  :'(

The dogs liked it at least.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Snow!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »
Wow.  Here I am just lamenting having no bike in the best riding weather all year (well, between the occasional rain).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 05:46:14 PM »
My folks are due West of you in Clinton, IA.  I saw photos of snow from their area this morning.  I kinda snickered a little bit.  Hope it goes away and you get a few more weeks of riding in.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 06:11:23 AM »
Thanks Bruce.

The forecast isn't looking too good. More snow tonight and 2 to 4 inches tomorrow. Crap! I'm not ready to put the bike away!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 07:53:33 AM »
Total of 8-12" here in S Denver over the last 3 days. But should clear out this morning when we share more of it with Conrad & friends. Sorry Conrad (kind of), but we're done with it...    ;D

New record low last night, 3 degrees. & new record expected tonight. But it's supposed to be nicer this weekend & next week. Might get to ride some.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 09:54:12 AM »
I was riding out this morning in a balmy 6 degrees c  (43 f) the  weather was beautiful and sunny, however a cold wind meant that despite good thermal clothing I headed for home at midday ..... my old bones were beginning to complain    ;)       
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 02:48:14 PM »
Sorry about that global warming ;)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 03:49:56 PM »
Sorry about that global warming ;)

I read on the internet that global warming is going to bring on the next ice age. :o

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »
Snow was in your forecasts but did any of you go to the store for French toast?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 05:20:43 AM »
I read on the internet that global warming is going to bring on the next ice age. :o
Which is why the scientists have never referred to it as "Global Warming".
The press, especially the "we just make **** up" press use the phrase "Global Warming".

Scientists use the phrase "Climate Change" as in some areas it'll get warmer, in some cooler, in others the swings between cold and warm will be more extreme, and in others less extreme.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 05:28:09 AM »
Which is why the scientists have never referred to it as "Global Warming".
The press, especially the "we just make **** up" press use the phrase "Global Warming".  Scientists use the phrase "Climate Change"

We know, it's just fun to make fun!  They have FINALLY switched to calling it "climate change."  Of course, their current "oh-so-accurate" stupid phrase is "common sense", as if they had any (common sense people know that criminals don't follow laws).

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2019, 06:46:57 AM »
Well, the globe we live on is warming.  In fact, if I were you Max, I'd be thinking about moving in the next 50 years or so to stay dry or you'll need to be fitting pontoons to that C14 of yours.  With that being said, if the world goes into an ice age instead, then skis would be more appropriate.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2019, 07:02:37 AM »

Fox "news"?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 07:04:21 AM »
 :pukeface:

Today
Snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain, becoming all snow after 8am. High near 31. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 08:02:24 AM »
Ice and snow. Crashes everywhere in KC Mo. on Halloween. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 09:42:39 AM »
Now that we sent that crap on to you more eastern guys it's warming up and will be in the 50s & 60s Mon-Wed here. Riding to work next week.  WOOHOO!    :stirpot: :chugbeer:

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »
Fox "news"?

Ice ages are triggered by Antarctic sea ice rising, study ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/ice-ages
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline Gitbox

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 01:40:38 PM »
Scientists use the phrase "Climate Change"

Of course! That way no matter what happens, they can say "See? We told you so."  :D
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 (sold)
2000 Kawasaki Concours ZG-1000 (sold)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 03:25:26 PM »
OMG, it is Halloween... but it was freaking 83F here today.  Even now, at 5:30p, it is 81 and 67% humidity.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 04:44:25 AM »
Ice ages are triggered by Antarctic sea ice rising, study ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/ice-ages

The problem is that the ice is MELTING. Do you understand that? MELTING. What ice is there is rising as the ocean water levels increase.

A quote from Faux News.

"Upside-down "rivers" of warm ocean water may be one of the causes of Antarctica's ice shelves breaking up, leading to a rise in sea levels. A new study suggests that, in the past, increases in Antarctic sea ice in colder climates may have contributed to ice ages."

Read that a couple of times, maybe it'll sink in. The sentence is referring to TWO very different events. The ice is melting, got it?