Author Topic: Snow!!!  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Snow!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 04:47:42 AM »
We had at least 8" of snow here yesterday.

I had to read the damn water meters in that crap! (I'm the meter reader in our lil town) I turned in my resignation yesterday and gave them three months to find someone else to do the job. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2019, 03:35:41 PM »
The problem is that the ice is MELTING. Do you understand that? MELTING. What ice is there is rising as the ocean water levels increase.

A quote from Faux News.

"Upside-down "rivers" of warm ocean water may be one of the causes of Antarctica's ice shelves breaking up, leading to a rise in sea levels. A new study suggests that, in the past, increases in Antarctic sea ice in colder climates may have contributed to ice ages."

Read that a couple of times, maybe it'll sink in. The sentence is referring to TWO very different events. The ice is melting, got it?

Now would historys smartest POTUS really buy a house on an island if he truly believed the global warming, sea level rising propaganda you alarmists have been spreading for years?   https://www.forbes.com/sites/kathleenhowley/2019/09/01/obamas-buying-marthas-vineyard-estate-from-boston-celtics-owner/

Or, heaven forbid, is it all a big Jim Jones lie?

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2019, 04:46:26 PM »
Hey Conrad,

Where in N Illinois are you?

I grew up is S Illinois (Newton) and lived in Rockford from '91-'98. Still go back to Rockford a week each summer to visit friends. Might have to swing by & say "Hi" & buy you a beer.

Leo

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2019, 05:55:07 PM »
The problem is that the ice is MELTING. Do you understand that? MELTING. What ice is there is rising as the ocean water levels increase.

A quote from Faux News.

"Upside-down "rivers" of warm ocean water may be one of the causes of Antarctica's ice shelves breaking up, leading to a rise in sea levels. A new study suggests that, in the past, increases in Antarctic sea ice in colder climates may have contributed to ice ages."

Read that a couple of times, maybe it'll sink in. The sentence is referring to TWO very different events. The ice is melting, got it?

Who said I was questioning anything about the article or the study described?  I merely showed where the article had been posted somewhere that was NOT Fox News.   Breathe deep!!!
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 06:14:57 AM »
Exactly.  Breathe deep, the eye of Sauron is upon this thread.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2019, 07:10:33 AM »
Hey Conrad,

Where in N Illinois are you?

I grew up is S Illinois (Newton) and lived in Rockford from '91-'98. Still go back to Rockford a week each summer to visit friends. Might have to swing by & say "Hi" & buy you a beer.

Leo

I live 30 miles or so south of Rockford. Near the DeKalb area. I retired from NIU there.

:chugbeer:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 07:13:50 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2019, 06:30:04 AM »
Exactly!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2019, 05:36:30 AM »
 ;D

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2019, 05:47:59 PM »
What happened to the censoring software on this site that is suppose to replace four letter words like the title of this thread with “****”?

Joking aside, why is ther such a large percentage of active members on this site from the same 2 states... Illinois and Virginia? I actually check both states. Grew up in Illinois and live in Virginia. Most of my family is still in central IL so I go back for visits, but do my best to avoid winter visits there!

Winter here is a joke. First forecast of snow and everyone freaks out. Never seen a response like I’ve seen here to the possibility of snow, despite if we actually get any or not.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2019, 07:53:22 PM »
Joking aside, why is ther such a large percentage of active members on this site from the same 2 states... Illinois and Virginia?

Especially Virginia.  I don't know.  It does seem odd.  Not that it is a bad thing, I am, of course, also in Virginia.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2019, 10:26:02 PM »
OMG! The Californians & Texans in CO!!! It's white outside! We're all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :yikes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yeah, I'm entitled! I moved here 21 years ago (from IL). I'm d*mn near a native (at least in my mind).     :stirpot: :popcorn: :popcorn:   ;D

Oh yeah. 65 degrees here tomorrow.    :cool: :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 04:20:34 AM »
What happened to the censoring software on this site that is suppose to replace four letter words like the title of this thread with “****”?

Joking aside, why is ther such a large percentage of active members on this site from the same 2 states... Illinois and Virginia? I actually check both states. Grew up in Illinois and live in Virginia. Most of my family is still in central IL so I go back for visits, but do my best to avoid winter visits there!

Winter here is a joke. First forecast of snow and everyone freaks out. Never seen a response like I’ve seen here to the possibility of snow, despite if we actually get any or not.

To someone used to heavier winters and can drive in inclement weather, this basically is a nothing by comparison.  However, you can be the best driver in the world during those events and get taken out by a maroon at any time which is why I don't travel whilst it's snowing/icing here.

As to the software, I'll have to take a look and see what's up with that.  I think I've seen the settings somewhere around.  Ok, I've relocated the settings and it's a manual process to add them in.  With that being said, I'd take a really dim view (Jimmymac) on going back and forth adding them in manually.  A bad humour that would put me in.  However, I will research George Carlin and his 5 7 words and make sure they're there.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 06:27:26 AM »

Great minds...   :)

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 06:55:16 AM »

To someone used to heavier winters and can drive in inclement weather, this basically is a nothing by comparison.  However, you can be the best driver in the world during those events and get taken out by a maroon at any time which is why I don't travel whilst it's snowing/icing here.

As to the software, I'll have to take a look and see what's up with that.  I think I've seen the settings somewhere around.  Ok, I've relocated the settings and it's a manual process to add them in.  With that being said, I'd take a really dim view (Jimmymac) on going back and forth adding them in manually.  A bad humour that would put me in.  However, I will research George Carlin and his 5 7 words and make sure they're there.
Carlin only came up with 7 dirty words, but trust me, there are 8 and the title of this thread is the eighth one!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 07:09:17 AM »
In the state of Virginia....yes.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:50 PM »
well... it's over... the fat lady just started singing.....

here in Ohio, on Lake Erie, we are getting an INCH an Hour right now... dammit... lookout Pittsburg... it's headed your way...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2019, 06:08:05 PM »
An inch an hour? Isn’t that considered flurries up that way?
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »
yeah, pretty much... a squall is like 2-3x that..  glad it lifted momentarily... but I know it's gonna resume... if the lake ain't frozen, the moisture gets picked up, and dumps on the first ridgeline away from the lake... my front door...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2019, 07:30:41 AM »
We just got back from 11 days on the beach in Destin Florida. We had the RV and camped at Henderson Beach state park. If you've ever been there you know what a great park this is.

Drove home from our son's house in Tennessee yesterday in a freakin blizzard! Into the wind the whole way, 7.5 mpg.  :o The RV is incased in a mess of salt and slush that hardened to concrete overnight in the below zero temps.    :'(

It was nice while it lasted.   8)