Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672737 times)

Offline Gsun

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1520 on: May 28, 2014, 07:24:33 PM »
 :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1521 on: May 30, 2014, 06:41:17 AM »
T-Mobile ad gal wears her gloves.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1522 on: May 30, 2014, 07:16:42 AM »
Oh baby!

Saw these yesterday. There was about 20 of them and man did they sound good!

[smg id=637]
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1523 on: May 30, 2014, 07:25:32 AM »
^^^^nice!   A friend just slammed together a 550 HP cobra kit with a 4K paint job that is off the chain.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1524 on: May 30, 2014, 08:01:09 AM »
^^^^nice!   A friend just slammed together a 550 HP cobra kit with a 4K paint job that is off the chain.

We were having a beer (or five) at a brewpub when a swarm of Shelbys pulled into the gas station across the street. Every one of them was being driven by an old geezer. They all had to rev 'em up before they shut down for their fill-up. They sure sounded nice! After they filled up they all met at the harbor parking lot, that's where I got the crappy cellpic.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1525 on: May 30, 2014, 08:06:12 AM »
2 years ago the wife and I were at Pikes Peak when a large group of Cobras showed up.  After drooling on several I waited for them to leave so I could follow them down.  What a treat..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1526 on: May 30, 2014, 01:22:47 PM »
So last night at the supermarket, we got a nasty surprise. Apparently they have now divided the shopping carts into catagories including "Touring", "Sport" and "Cruiser". Honestly, I could not tell them apart right away but anyway, there were only the 'cruiser' models left so we grabbed one and went shopping. Then I discovered what distinguished it from the other models:

I have to admit, I did feel tougher and more manly pushing that thing around and I had the strangest craving to add tassels to the carriage....?

At the check out, I tried to pull those onions and the bag (easy boys!) off the cart handle but could not break that plastic! It just stretched until my onions almost touched the floor and finally snapped with a bang. I don't know what the woman behind me though but she would not look me in the eye. ?? 

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1527 on: June 25, 2014, 05:52:46 AM »
I've added a Lava Lamp to my office decor...blue.  My granddaughter bought it, but my daughter wasn't comfortable with the heat it put out so now I have it.

Darn thing is taking forever to heat up.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1528 on: June 25, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »
Now you have me thinking...where is my lava lamp??? Hmmmm.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1529 on: June 26, 2014, 04:31:32 AM »
Now you have me thinking...where is my lava lamp??? Hmmmm.....

In the box with the black light.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1530 on: June 26, 2014, 05:14:16 AM »
That's the next purchase.  And then....a poster that uses black light...I'm thinking Easy Rider.  I had one of those in my room when I was in HS.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1531 on: June 26, 2014, 06:25:08 AM »
I had a Lamborghini Countach and a Farrah Fawcett poster in my dorm room. Wasn't allowed posters at home in HS.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1532 on: June 26, 2014, 08:16:47 AM »
I had a Lamborghini Countach and a Farrah Fawcett poster in my dorm room. Wasn't allowed posters at home in HS.

Didn't we all.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1533 on: June 26, 2014, 08:36:56 AM »
That's the next purchase.  And then....a poster that uses black light...I'm thinking Easy Rider.  I had one of those in my room when I was in HS.

You really need a Keep On Truckin poster.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1534 on: June 27, 2014, 06:58:39 AM »
I went to the local super mall yesterday, first time in YEARS that I've been in any mall (I needed to buy two new batteries for my truck at Sears).

Holy ****! I'm SO glad that my wife and I only have sons and no daughters!

I'm amazed at the way some of these young teenage girls dress!  :o  They look like a bunch of prostitutes!

I would NEVER in a million years let my daughter (if I had one) leave the house looking that way.    >:(

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1535 on: June 27, 2014, 09:11:04 AM »
Yeah, I also have two sons (30 and 27) and well remember THEM going to the mall- the girls were impressively dressed (is that really dressed?) back then too.

As our society has become more permissive, the people's overall behavior has become truly impressive. Look at what young female media stars do to get 'ink' (publicity) these days.... the gentlest way I can put it is.... upskirt shots.  ::) :o >:(   Hey, we're old and not with the times to be sure but I do not think I could maintain a decent relationship with a daughter that did some of the things young females are doing today in public, for money. I guess today it is called being 'famous'; when I grew up we had a very different name for that.

Brian

I went to the local super mall yesterday, first time in YEARS that I've been in any mall (I needed to buy two new batteries for my truck at Sears).

Holy ****! I'm SO glad that my wife and I only have sons and no daughters!

I'm amazed at the way some of these young teenage girls dress!  :o  They look like a bunch of prostitutes!

I would NEVER in a million years let my daughter (if I had one) leave the house looking that way.    >:(
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1536 on: June 28, 2014, 10:57:49 AM »
To get this thread back OFFTOPIC....

Throughout the 1930s and 1940s, up to late 1944, the highest officer's rank in the armed forces of the US was General or Admiral, both 4- star ranks. At the end of 1944, congress passed legislation to create another rank, one with five stars. In most other western countries, this rank is termed 'Marshal', 'Field Marshal' or similar. It was considered in the US but rejected because the first person selected for this new rank was General George C. Marshall and giving him the official title "Marshal Marshall" was thought to be in poor taste. So the rank was named "General of the Army" and "Fleet Admiral" and "General of the Air Force", depending on branch of service of course, instead.

Brian

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1537 on: June 28, 2014, 02:19:54 PM »
That is a cool piece of trivia I never knew. Thanks Brian.

To get this thread back OFFTOPIC....

Throughout the 1930s and 1940s, up to late 1944, the highest officer's rank in the armed forces of the US was General or Admiral, both 4- star ranks. At the end of 1944, congress passed legislation to create another rank, one with five stars. In most other western countries, this rank is termed 'Marshal', 'Field Marshal' or similar. It was considered in the US but rejected because the first person selected for this new rank was General George C. Marshall and giving him the official title "Marshal Marshall" was thought to be in poor taste. So the rank was named "General of the Army" and "Fleet Admiral" and "General of the Air Force", depending on branch of service of course, instead.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1538 on: June 29, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »
Great- maybe you will like today's useless piece of information.... :-)

So who was the highest ranking officer ever in the US military? The answer is short, the reason for it is a little longer.

Before the 20 century the answer is sketchy due to the various ranks, terms and qualifiers. From 1919 it was John J. Pershing ('Black Jack' Pershing although that was a much- softened version of his nickname and it was quite derogatory). But then in 1976, George Washington became the highest ranking US military officer ever. Kinda' funny, huh?

So it goes like this: after the first World War, Pershing was given the rank "General of the Armies" (note the plural) and it was considered the equivalent of a six- star general. This meant he clearly out- ranked Washington and all that served before himself. Then in 1976, Congress passed a bill making Washington General of the Armies also but given his earlier promotion, he would effective out rank Pershing.

Pershing was given the choice of the what insignia to use- he chose to wear the four stars of a full general but in gold rather than silver to denote the different rank.

Brian

That is a cool piece of trivia I never knew. Thanks Brian.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1539 on: June 29, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »
Never knew that.   :finger_fing11: