Author Topic: Yamaha Super Tenere  (Read 8555 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »
The Super Tenere is selling for less than what I thought they would.  I figured they were selling for closer to MSRP of $14,500 but there are quite a few out there that have sold for around $12,000.

Maybe a nice used example will find it's way into my garage after a rider decides that he doesn't need this bike to "summit" Mt Starbucks every weekend.   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:32 PM »
Understood --you can really spend a lot upgrading suspension

:-X   ;)

Offline TJ

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:12 PM »
The Super Tenere is selling for less than what I thought they would.  I figured they were selling for closer to MSRP of $14,500 but there are quite a few out there that have sold for around $12,000.

Maybe a nice used example will find it's way into my garage after a rider decides that he doesn't need this bike to "summit" Mt Starbucks every weekend.   ;D

I am with you. Bike doesnt seem as popular as people claim it is and alot of dealers have them in stock and they are not moving out the door very fast.
Can't get over the fact a new KLR will set me back about $6,500 (retail) and weighs about 150 pounds less. Right now am thinking to stay with a KLR unless I can get a killer deal on a Tenere. But then been hearing great stuff about the Triumph 800 XC that will run the quarter in low 12's and weighs in wet at about 475............ decisions decisions decisions..............
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:12:28 AM by TJ »
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
I am with you. Bike doesnt seem as popular as people claim it is and alot of dealers have them in stock and they are not moving out the door very fast.
Can't get over the fact a new KLR will set me back about $6,500 (retail) and weighs about 150 pounds less. Right now am thinking to stay with a KLR unless I can get a killer deal on a Tenere. But then been hearing great stuff about the Triumph 800 XC that will run the quarter in low 12's and weighs in wet at about 475............ decisions decisions decisions..............

Apples to oranges IMHO. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey