Author Topic: Jensen JHD910 ATV, Tractor, Motorcycle AM/FM/WB Radio  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Tele130

Jensen JHD910 ATV, Tractor, Motorcycle AM/FM/WB Radio
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:17:36 AM »
Is anyone using this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290611425838?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-radio/jensen-jhd910-radio/

The weather alert system on it seems pretty nice.  "The JHD910's weather bands were also a pleasant surprise.  Weather bands are intended to be local, so they are broadcast at very low power.  The radio can also be set to provide weather alerts, a useful feature that can provide advance notice of pop-up summer thunderstorms."  If there's a weather alert in the area your riding in, it will interrupt your AM/FM/Aux selection and broadcast the alert.

$160.00 shipped.  Click on the eBay link :thumbs:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline F-106

Re: Jensen JHD910 ATV, Tractor, Motorcycle AM/FM/WB Radio
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »
I saw the review on it. it looks good and works well. If you had the J&M 2003 unit you could hookup to it and I think you would be set. I do like the AM radio option. I have talk to J&M about putting the AM/FM radio in the 2003 unit. They told me they have had been asked for it before and are considering it. Then you would have intercom, CB, AM/FM and WB as well.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline zsiska

• Arena
Re: Jensen JHD910 ATV, Tractor, Motorcycle AM/FM/WB Radio
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
I am using it.  I have had it for about a year or a little longer. Works great.  I have ridden through days of torrential downpours and it never quit working even being mounted where it takes on all the rain.  When I use it on the Concours, I have it run through an amp and to my helmet speakers.  When I use it on the Vstar, I run it through an amp and through bar mounted speakers.  On either bike I can hear it very clearly at any speed.  Easy to read and use the buttons with gloves on.  And nice to be able to plug MP3 or iPod into the auxillary plug as well.  The only complaint I have about it is that I can't get the backlight to ever go off.  On the Concours I have a switch to cut power to it.  On the Vstar I don't and after about a week of not riding the Star,  the backlight on the Jensen will run the bike's battery down.  I have read the manual and it does not say anywhere how to power down the backlight. 

Also get a good antenna.  The gentleman I bought mine from threw in the antenna and the mount he had made.  I pick up radio stations as if I were in the stations parking lot.