Author Topic: ...my KTM found asleep  (Read 3216 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
...my KTM found asleep
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:50:37 PM »
...dreamin' hard about the next trip out west to Moab, Baha, AZ, and Death Valley 

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: ...my KTM found asleep
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 08:56:18 PM »
Interesting tire choices.  Trials on the rear, and is that a sand tire on the front?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:15:32 AM »
Interesting tire choices.  Trials on the rear, and is that a sand tire on the front?

Yes sir, that was for Moab/Death Valley.  Its a Desert Race model Michelin on the front, trials on the back.  Perfect combo for out there.  But the trials tire works so well lately i use it about everywhere except deep mud areas.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »
I once came back from a long trip on the DR late at night. Heard a big crash from the garage (below my bedroom) in the middle of the night. Went down with gun in hand to find that the DR was exhausted after hauling my butt all over Colorado and fell asleep just like your KTM.  ;D

Turned out the rear tube had a slow leak and with all the gear still on it, when the tire deflated and the weight of the gear compressing the rear shock, the side stand was too long and pushed it over to the right side.