Author Topic: C10-4-sale *Price Lowered*  (Read 9303 times)

Offline Bosgarage57

Re: C10-4-sale *Price Lowered*
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »
WIsh I could sell mine and pick up yours.......Love your bike.  I cannot believe you havent sold it yet, you're practially giving it away.

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 02:26:20 PM »
WIsh I could sell mine and pick up yours.......Love your bike.  I cannot believe you havent sold it yet, you're practially giving it away.
I'm not giving it away, I asking a dollar.

Offline mike25

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »
Okay, one dollar, not a penny less

OK, I'll take it. Do you take paypal?   :)

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 05:46:52 AM »
OK, I'll take it. Do you take paypal?   :)

Someone on Craig's List tried to scam me. They said it the same way without even asking anything about the bike. They just wanted my paypal info.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 06:19:14 AM »
Someone on Craig's List tried to scam me. They said it the same way without even asking anything about the bike. They just wanted my paypal info.

PayPal info is nothing more than your email address; and is actually quite safe in such a transaction as if the money shows up in your account it is there. Short of taking cash only there is nothing safer; checks, money orders and even bank drafts are quite easy to forge today.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline mike25

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 07:22:59 PM »

SO, when should I come and pick it up??????????

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 11:21:11 AM »
PayPal info is nothing more than your email address; and is actually quite safe in such a transaction as if the money shows up in your account it is there. Short of taking cash only there is nothing safer; checks, money orders and even bank drafts are quite easy to forge today.

Did you Google it? or are you shooting from the hip? Because, once merchandise is received, a dispute is filed.

These scammers said they were on a cruise ship and they could get over to look at  it. It was a surprise for their father. They are going to pay full price plus paypal fee, I needed to send them paypal payment info and that arrangements for the bike to be picked up the same day.
The only question they ever asked about the bike was "It is presentable"....Now you tell me what that means?

this guy Mike here hasn't asked one question about the bike.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
It is called Phishing.
They will Phish  by sending you an email with a link to a   fake Paypal  looking website. The email   will state that you just received a bunch of money  and the link in the email takes you to a  website that looks exactly like Paypal.
When you log in   they now have your user name and password AND that also installs a   key logger cookie. Now when you realize  your being scammed  and  go change your password  at your real Paypal website the cookie  sends them your newly updated  user name and password.
Once they have your user and password they can send all your money anywhere they want.
That is how they got to go an a nice cruise ship..
Here is the rule you should always follow.
1. If you ever get an email from PayPal it will always have your name in it. If not it is not from PayPal.
2. Never ever click on a link that takes you to PayPal. Close the email and open your web browser and  go to PayPal directly.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline mike25

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »
this guy Mike here hasn't asked one question about the bike.

This guy Mike here. You did a thread on your fairing mod, also your for sale ad
told me anything I need to know.
You offered your bike for a dollar, I said I'll take it. If you don't want to accept
paypal, I'll give you cash. Or, are you going to back out of your deal.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 04:09:03 PM »
Did you Google it? or are you shooting from the hip? Because, once merchandise is received, a dispute is filed.

These scammers said they were on a cruise ship and they could get over to look at  it.

Did j tell you that you "should" have accepted their request? Without knowing details that would have been foolish. No I was mearly stating my opinion that when handled properly transactions handled through PayPal are quite secure. Now that you have divulged details you would have been a fool to have taken the bait; but then again I never considered you a fool.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 04:51:43 PM »
DarkNight, I think you need to clarify the $1 remark.  I'm assuming that was in jest?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 08:45:59 PM »
DarkNight, I think you need to clarify the $1 remark.  I'm assuming that was in jest?

VirginiaJim, Actually I decided to clear this up before you asked.
 Mike 25, I'm sorry if I offended you about scamming. I know you were not scamming. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:49:08 AM by DarkKnight »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 04:54:33 AM »
Actually, if I were in the market for a C10 bike, this would be one of the first places I would look....  And thanks for clearing up the confusion.  I had a 2002 C10 and loved it until I bought a C14 and got into the very same situation you were in.  The 2002 was my first sport tourer.  I didn't advertise it through here but I did advertise through the 'List' server at the time.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 08:04:40 AM »
To the Top