Author Topic: 2012 arabian red concours for sale in Ohio  (Read 18346 times)

motogogo66

Re: 2012 arabian red concours for sale in Ohio
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 06:31:46 AM »
New price posted on the concours, give me a call if interested.

Offline lemosley01

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »
Interested in separating the Corbin trunk? What rack is under - the stock plastic piece or an upgraded unit?

I have the exact same bike - sans trunk.

motogogo66

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »
Case is already gone.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:24:08 PM by motogogo66 »

Offline lemosley01

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
Thanks for the tip! Good luck with the sale.

As far as durability and how it perfoms - how do you like it compared to other luggage?

motogogo66

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 07:16:31 PM »
It was very sturdy compared to the factory Kawasaki case.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:22:39 PM by motogogo66 »

Offline lemosley01

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »
Thanks for the review - they are priecy, but when you factor in the cost of a GIVI + a new rack (since the Kaw version isn't great), it isn't that out of line considering that the trunk is built with the same lines to match the C14 and is color-matched.

Thanks for the pictures - at least I know what the whole thing will look like.

GLWS!

motogogo66

2012 Arabian red Concours For Sale In OHIO
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
I am selling my 2012 Concours in excellent condition with 2700 miles on it. The bike is located in southwest Ohio. It has a front fender extender, Cox radiator protector, Murph's handlebar risers with RAM ball mount, grip puppies, and side case protective film. I am asking my payoff of $12,500. I can be contacted through my email at "motogogo66@yahoo.com". Please do not email me and tell me you can buy one cheaper somewhere else and offer me some ridiculous lowball price. If you can find one cheaper and in the shape mine is in you should buy it.  Sorry if I sound like an ass, it is not my intent, but after some of the responses from craigslist one tends to get a tad bitter. Thanks for looking.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: 2012 Arabian red Concours For Sale In OHIO
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 05:52:54 PM »
GLWS......yeah CL attracts allot of scum it seems, price seems about right to me but bikes are moving slow.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »
Check out the Vulcan Voyager 1700.  Definitely out performs the Harley Davidsons at a fraction of the price.  Love mine and have put almost 35,000 miles on it in two years of ownership.  It serves as my wife hauling bike.  We have had many enjoyable weekends on this machine.

I can even carry a cooler on the hitch rack for when you just have to carry your cold ones with you.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
I have a new lowered price on the Concours. Wanting to give someone a good deal on it instead of trading it in at the dealership. $12,500
Just wondering how you were asking 12,500 back in May and then later you say new price, and now you say you will sell it for payoff of 12,500.  Wouldn't your payoff be less now than what it was in May?

motogogo66

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 04:08:52 AM »
I know it looks confusing but I could not get my original post to delete so I could get my new price at the top of the thread. So in order to get it at the top I had to edit the original posting, sorry for the confusion.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 04:14:23 AM »
Once other posts are in the thread you cannot delete your starting post.  However, you should be able to modify it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

motogogo66

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 08:32:11 AM »
I am dropping the price to $12,300 if it does not sell at this price over the winter I am planning on just trading in on a new bike in the spring and taking the hit on a new roadglide ultra.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:48 AM »
C14 to a Hardly Ableson.........yuck and why?  :o You are going to lose your butt at a Harley dealership on a trade in, your price is good and I am shocked it hasn't sold yet.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 08:05:56 AM »
I hate to say it, because it hurts and because it has been said before on this forum, but the resale on these bikes is crap.   I was shocked and sick to my stomach when selling mine.  I know how nice this bike is and so does everyone else on this forum, but the value of these bikes to the public is sad.   I had almost $16K tied up into my bike with the farkles that I added.   I thought I got a good deal on my bike when I purchased it new as well.   At the end of the day, after selling my bike (16 months old) and all the farkles, I will only be getting around $11,600 back out of it.   I know you don't get your money back and I never expected that but after having it for sale all summer both locally and on each forum, there is little interest in these bikes for any price other than a steal.  Sorry and sucks.

Offline jayke

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »
A lot of it has to do with the economy too.  Not real easy to get a used bike loan right now.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 11:34:18 AM »
C14 to a Hardly Ableson.........yuck and why?  :o You are going to lose your butt at a Harley dealership on a trade in, your price is good and I am shocked it hasn't sold yet.

Actually, he might do better trading in at a Harley dealership.  They will go by the book instead of knowing that most of these bikes are sold at a discount.  Of course the fall is no time to be trading or selling bikes, but definitely a good time to be buying bikes.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

motogogo66

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 03:34:53 PM »
If I trade the bike in I will only have to pay taxes on the difference between the two bikes. I know it will not be alot but every bit helps. I really want to like the bike or I wouldn't have bought it.Another victim of the no test ride dealership. I have problems with the grips making my hands go numb and pressure on the wrists, yes i have installed bar risers and grip puppies but to no avail the problem still exists.I also have arthritis and am sure that it doesn't help my ergo situation.
 Me and the Mrs. took a long testride on the Roadglide Ultra and we both really felt comfortable the whole time. I cannot get very comfortable on the Connie and I do not want to keep putting money into the bike that I cannot get back just trying to get it there and still not be happy with it. Motor wise it is an outstanding machine, effortless on the interstate and smooth as silk, just not the bike for me.
 Like they say "live and learn" hopefully.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 04:00:02 PM »
If I trade the bike in I will only have to pay taxes on the difference between the two bikes. I know it will not be alot but every bit helps. I really want to like the bike or I wouldn't have bought it.Another victim of the no test ride dealership. I have problems with the grips making my hands go numb and pressure on the wrists, yes i have installed bar risers and grip puppies but to no avail the problem still exists.I also have arthritis and am sure that it doesn't help my ergo situation.
 Me and the Mrs. took a long testride on the Roadglide Ultra and we both really felt comfortable the whole time. I cannot get very comfortable on the Connie and I do not want to keep putting money into the bike that I cannot get back just trying to get it there and still not be happy with it. Motor wise it is an outstanding machine, effortless on the interstate and smooth as silk, just not the bike for me.
 Like they say "live and learn" hopefully.

Sounds like helibars and a flatter seat (russell day long) if your tall enough would fix you riding position.  But, if you are more a cruiser than a sport touring rider you will be happier on a cruiser.  My only real problem with the connie is that I have a very difficult time going the speed limit on this bike.  I have looked down and found myself going 20 over on many occasions.

My Concours Travels:

motogogo66

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »
I would hate to put more money into the bike and then still not be happy with the fit and just delay the inevitable. The bike I had before the Connie was a Harley street bob and I miss the cruiser ergos. My next bike will definately be a cruiser.