Author Topic: Solicitation  (Read 10043 times)

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Solicitation
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
I have been living alone in my RV in North Carolina due to a voluntary job change for about 2 months now, while my wife, Kathy, is in NY trying to sell our house. Saturday, a potential buyer viewed our house for the 2nd time and we are told it is between our house and one other. The buyer, we are told, will make a decision this week. I ask all who are willing to send their thoughts and prayers (St. Joseph) our way for a quick and fair sale of our house, allowing us to be under one roof once more. Thanks.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: Solicitation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
Heres to good luck  :chugbeer:
you did burry a statue of st. Francis Joseph in your yard correct?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:43:15 AM by snarf »
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:12:55 PM »
I believe St. Joseph is the Saint to invoke in this case, and no, we did not bury the statue. We do have the statue in the house, but we researched the tradition of burying the statue and could find no link other than tradition to do so. Some of the tradition and prayers involved, actually seemed disrespectful. We decided to respectfully display the statue and pray regularly in his name for intervention on our behalf. The company we bought the statue from concured with not burying the statue, so we chose not to. I know others have claimed success after burying the statue, and that's great for them, but we decided against it. Thanks for the well wishes!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
Prayers for ya BB!

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
I believe St. Joseph is the Saint to invoke in this case, and no, we did not bury the statue. We do have the statue in the house, but we researched the tradition of burying the statue and could find no link other than tradition to do so. Some of the tradition and prayers involved, actually seemed disrespectful. We decided to respectfully display the statue and pray regularly in his name for intervention on our behalf. The company we bought the statue from concured with not burying the statue, so we chose not to. I know others have claimed success after burying the statue, and that's great for them, but we decided against it. Thanks for the well wishes!

Actually, I believe the correct way is to bury the statue of St. Joseph upside down! Not say'in that it works, but after three months on the market,
I tried it, had the house sold in two weeks. No doubt just a coincidence.. or was it?  ;)
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 04:34:32 AM »
Actually, I believe the correct way is to bury the statue of St. Joseph upside down! Not say'in that it works, but after three months on the market,
I tried it, had the house sold in two weeks. No doubt just a coincidence.. or was it?  ;)

We heard the same thing with many examples of "it worked for me". But after looking into how this tradition started, and that's all we could find it was, tradition, not faith or religion, we chose to simply display the statue and pray in St.Joseph's name. One prayer I read associated with the burial of the statue almost seemed like extortion! A bad idea in my mind where a saint is involved. The prayer basically said "I will put you in this uncomfortable position in the cold ground until my request is granted, once you have given me that, then I will give you a place of honor in my new home". I'm sure that's not word-for-word, but that's the impression I got when I read it.
COG 9331

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 04:55:08 AM »
I just put on my wife's ruby slippers and clicked my heals together three times then sent some good thoughts your way. You better get some boxes and start packing.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 04:58:38 AM »
I just put on my wife's ruby slippers and clicked my heals together three times then sent some good thoughts your way. You better get some boxes and start packing.    :thumbs:
:yikes:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 05:13:50 AM »
:yikes:

I wanted to use your slippers Gary, they'd fit better, but you're too far away.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 05:19:00 AM »
But mine aren't red.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »
BB all of that make perfect sense to me.  Your a good man and pure of heart, you dont need no stinking statues.  The Saints will always be with you.  Good luck on the sale.  I hope that you have good news real soon
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »
House was on the market 3 months while I was in Kansas and my wife and children were in Ohio.  We then buried St. Joseph upside down in the front yard and had a contract two week later.  Learned our lesson so we buried him again and sold the house in two weeks - sight unseen - the first time the new owner saw it, he already owned it.  Scoff if you will and try to "reason" with St. Joseph, bet he'll get buried,upside down in a heartbeat if I have to sell again.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 05:52:46 PM »
BB all of that make perfect sense to me.  Your a good man and pure of heart, you dont need no stinking statues.  The Saints will always be with you.  Good luck on the sale.  I hope that you have good news real soon

Thanks, Chris. I hope that is true, my heart skips a beat every time my phone rings this week, hoping it's good news from home.
House was on the market 3 months while I was in Kansas and my wife and children were in Ohio.  We then buried St. Joseph upside down in the front yard and had a contract two week later.  Learned our lesson so we buried him again and sold the house in two weeks - sight unseen - the first time the new owner saw it, he already owned it.  Scoff if you will and try to "reason" with St. Joseph, bet he'll get buried,upside down in a heartbeat if I have to sell again.
Jim, glad to hear St. Joseph has worked for you. Regardless of the process you use, I believe it's about belief. I believe if I ask and believe that my request will be answered, then it will. We have had the most encouraging news and viewings since bringing St. Joseph into our home and asking for his help.

This is a clip of the "prayer" to St. Joseph I found at one site in association with the burial of the statue. This is the one I found disrespectful and bordering on an extortion threat of a saint, not cool in my mind!

Dear Saint Joseph,
I know you would do this for me
out of the goodness of your heart
and in your own good time,
but my need is very great now
and so I must make you hurry
on my behalf.

Saint Joseph, I am going to place you
in a difficult position
with your head in darkness
and you will suffer as our Lord suffered,
until this [house/property] is sold.

Then, Saint Joseph, i swear
before the cross and God Almighty,
that i will redeem you
and you will receive my gratitude
and a place of honour in my home.

Do for me, then I'll show you honor and gratitude? I'll let my home sit on the market a few extra weeks if necessary. Nothing disrepectful to those of you who follow and believe in the tradition, but seeing this prayer/invocation turned me off to it.
COG 9331

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »
Oh wow, I admit I buried the statue and 'eventualy' sold the home. I did say a prayer, but it was not that one. Good on you Blaise, men of conviction are HARD to find these days.
2002 Conc

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
Regardless of the process you use, I believe it's about belief. I believe if I ask and believe that my request will be answered, then it will.

Believe what you will.  It's my actions that determine who I am, not my beliefs.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »

Believe what you will.  It's my actions that determine who I am, not my beliefs.
Thats bull **** and you know it.  Its your beliefs in life that determine your actions. Sorry MODS right now I dont give a flying f&*k about anything.
2002 Conc

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:08 PM »
I'm assuming this will get locked and/or moved to the Arena before I see a response, but I am curious as to where/whether/if there is any scriptural basis for praying to saints and/or burying statues/graven images/idols rightside up or upside down in order to get a house sold.  I didn't seem to find it in my Bible.   Thanks for your cooperation.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 12:10:15 AM »
...  Its your beliefs in life that determine your actions. ...

Knowing that you're having a bad hair day, per a post in a 'hidden' board, I'm curious what you think my beliefs are. And if you say "Flying Spaghetti Monster", you may be close. Or not ;)

Actions speak volumes. And in my case, not related to the FSM... mostly ;)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 12:28:50 AM »
Blaise,

Our prayers go out for your house to sell...and your family to be together once again.

Brad
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 04:40:04 AM »
It's all about the power of positive thinking. Positive thoughts attract positive outcomes, negative thoughts attract negative outcomes. At least that's the theory...

Good luck with the sale of your house, I didn’t mean to suggest otherwise in my post above.