Author Topic: Value of New & Used bikes  (Read 2603 times)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: Value of New & Used bikes
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2020, 05:01:04 AM »
Hey jimmee ...How's that Harley treating you? What do all those letters stand for anyway?
Werd up, Pinkerbell.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2020, 06:13:12 AM »
You want to hang out with bikers, but nobody gets kicked in the nuts?

;D

I just envisioned the average Concours rider trying to 'biker' up with a groin kick to somebody, counting the different muscle groups they would tear and wondering how long it would take for them to heal!
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 06:26:52 AM »
 :rotflmao: Doc would be pissed if you screwed up that hip surgery.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 08:36:37 AM »
I threw something out just laughing about it!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline zx12-iowa

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2020, 10:16:42 PM »
I've been holding my tongue a bit, but some people are just a bit too sensitive.  The way I took his initial remarks was that we want too much for our bikes and we shouldn't.  So I politely responded that we think they're worth more than they're really worth...   :)    A bit of mild "harassment" should not be a big deal.  Welcome to the internet. 

my .02...

Agree.  I thought his first post was quite edgy.  And as a gold winger owner he may think he deserves
Special treatment.   I had a Wing for a year - what a boring bike.
Oh and it’s nowhere near as reliable as the owners want you to believe.  Some of those owners (in far greater numbers than any other board) think they and their bikes are better than others.  He had a chance to respond and explain and chose to walk.  Maybe he will get him his $1k fjr. 

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2020, 06:30:30 PM »
Well I didn't get offended and as someone that is always looking for a great deal, I am constantly looking.  My first C14 2008 was one year old when I purchased it with 540 miles on it.  It was abt $8000 when I bought it.  My second one was 2 months old left over that a fellow purchased along with an extended 3 yr warranty.  The bike had 363 miles and I paid $9.800 for it.  Both bikes were pristine and essentially brand new. 

I personally wish the original poster good luck.  The folks that get annoyed with this are folks that either paid to much for the bike and than for one reason or another don't use the bike than several years later want near as much as a new bike cost.  They invest lots of bucks in farkles that they don't need and think that they can get their investment back.

Fred
Wa2gzw

Offline cl601

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 08:58:28 AM »
Werd up, Pinkerbell.

Liberty Cycle Center?