Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853236 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 07:12:51 AM »
Safe travels Jim!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 05:52:47 PM »
 I got tired of the brake lights not working on the Givi Top Case. The two contact points under the box didn't contact the points on the mount under the box very well, so I decided to just hard wire it. I drilled a new hole and ran the wire up through the inside of the box and used a couple bullet connectors so if I ever needed to remove the box, I could just disconnect the wires there.

Offline tomp

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
Rode the C14 earlier today.  Rode my 1150RT this evening (she has been whining she hasn't been ridden hard lately).   

The RT is so much more flickable  than the 14, but I just feel more satisfied riding the 14. 

The RT has new PR3's, the 14 new Z8's. 

Not sure if the tires are making the difference, but sure wish the 14 handled like the RT.   

Naaahhh, I would "for sure" kill myself on the Connie, "for sure".
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline danl

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 08:52:59 AM »
Took mine in for the 30k mile service. It's a big one. Having them fix my oil leak while they are in there, with the aftermarket cam ring. Also having a PR4 put on the rear. When it gets home I might give it a bath too, it's filthy!

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 09:09:52 AM »
I removed my tank to see if there was an alternate place to install the cruise control and forgot to properly re-install the red fuel line quick connect clip. So last night I did the whole removal and re-install of the tank, only had to raise the front of the tank however. I used an electric drill to remove all the fasteners and it was much faster this time. Plus it’s always easier the second time around :)
I also got in my lowering links and kickstand so that job is next, this weekend. After I do the winterizing of the fifth wheel as I am on the road right now. :o
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 09:40:36 AM »
Shhhhhh...Lets not talk about winterizing Rv's yet, i still have one more trip out.

What is the difference between the PR3 and the Z8's? compound? How have the PR3's been wearing?

Offline tomp

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 12:11:03 PM »
What is the difference between the PR3 and the Z8's? compound? How have the PR3's been wearing?

I'm not techie when it comes to today's tires.  Both are dual compounds and designed for ST style bikes as well as others. I have over 3K miles on the PR3's and they still look new. 
The RT uses 170/60 on the rear and 14 a 190/50.  that difference in width and profile may be what's making the difference in directional changes...   
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 06:32:00 AM »
snip...

After I do the winterizing of the fifth wheel as I am on the road right now. :o

Shhhhhh...Lets not talk about winterizing Rv's yet, i still have one more trip out.

Yes, let's not talk about winterizing the RVs yet. I have, hopefully, two more camping trips to go on before the 5th wheel gets put up.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2014, 07:27:56 AM »
I have my canyon cages sitting in my living room, and cant decide if I want to install them. I really love the look of the bike without them and not sure if I will like the look of the cages. I originally wanted to purchase the Top Block guards, but the price scared me away. Now I'm second guessing my decision.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2014, 07:31:40 AM »
I have my canyon cages sitting in my living room, and cant decide if I want to install them. I really love the look of the bike without them and not sure if I will like the look of the cages. I originally wanted to purchase the Top Block guards, but the price scared me away. Now I'm second guessing my decision.

They are ugly but so is dropping your bike. The piece of mind they offer more than offsets the ugliness, IMO. The best way to never drop your bike is to have some drop protection, works for me!

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »
Got up at 0430 and lowered my front end 1" and .027". I couldn't get 1-1/8" cause the HeliBars wouldn't allow it. The rear was lowered last night.
When I Measured the original position of the shocks from left to right from the top triple tree they were .026" difference side to side.
They are now .002" difference :)
Then I installed the lowered side-stand.
Then I removed my center stand, pain in the keester to get at the nuts on the back side of those.
Anyway my neighbor who is a certified welder is going to lower that for me. Then the pain of installing it begins. If anyone has a suggestion . . .
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

sailor_chic

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2014, 08:32:53 AM »
They are ugly but so is dropping your bike. The piece of mind they offer more than offsets the ugliness, IMO. The best way to never drop your bike is to have some drop protection, works for me!
I couldn't agree you you more. I thought that exact same think when I ordered them

Then I removed my center stand, pain in the keester to get at the nuts on the back side of those.
Anyway my neighbor who is a certified welder is going to lower that for me. Then the pain of installing it begins. If anyone has a suggestion . . .

These are very nice stands. I have one in my garage.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-PS1500-Floor-Stand-Motorcycle/dp/B0083VBDF4

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2014, 08:37:41 AM »
Yep, I'm going to have to buy one of those when I travel back to Texas. I have with me a 20 foot V-nose with e-tracks and all but I will still need one of those to transport it back.
The center stand I was referring to is the one mounted on the bike, but I'm sure you knew that :)

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »

I agree with the ugly, especially if you remove the saddle bags. If you install some highway pegs they do offer a fair bit of extra comfort.
http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/home.php?cat=221

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »
Installed soft compound grips on top of the factory ones! Can already tell these will make long rides much better!  Theyre about as thick/ soft as the grip puppies, but theyre rubber so they should last longer.  $11

2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2014, 04:35:05 PM »
Nice grips. What style number are those?
I installed the lowered center stand and it wasn't as bad I had imagined. Bike stands right up - easy :)

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2014, 04:46:20 PM »
Nice grips. What style number are those?
I installed the lowered center stand and it wasn't as bad I had imagined. Bike stands right up - easy :)

That's a good question... lol.  Packaging went out in the garbage can already.
 :doh:
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »
Question... Is there any one in South Florida that has a computer and software that can program a key fob?  I went to my local stealership yesterday and ordered a spare one. They charged me full retail for this fob and then they wanted to charge me $8/qt for Kawasaki oil. OUCH! Then the service dept told me that it was a bunch of data input to program the fob and that it would be an hours labor charge. I believe that this was lies! As I walked out of the place shaking my head, from the horrible experience that I just endured at the parts counter and service desk, I told myself that I would NOT give this establishment anymore of my business. I'm thinking that the blonde hair and boobs is a signal to salespeople that I am an idiot?

Nicole
[/quote]

Well      Paid $251.89 for a Fob then $63.00 to have it programmed and it didn't even come with a key. They wanted more for the extra key.
 No Blond hair and no more man boobs lost that 40lbs last year.  ;) :rotflmao:

As for the bike, today I wash and pledged the dust off from a 2834km ride. Then I performed "SOP's" TPS RECALIBRATION because I had unhooked the battery the other day.

Re: Trying to narrow down an air/fuel issue...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:35:55 am »
Sure sounds like the TPS.

No idea, none whatsoever if this will work, but I would try it if for nothing else curiosity.  Turn the bike on, do not start it.  Twist the throttle on full, roll off full, do it twice.  Turn off bike, turn back on and start.  Go for a ride and see if it works.  Report back and tell me I am a motorcycle god, or worthless POS   FWIW, this works on GSs that have a similar problem with the TPS, ECU will read the full on/off position and do a rest to the current values.  Same holds true when calibrating the PCV or PCIII.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:07:30 PM by AlbertaDoug »

Offline Cuda

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2014, 05:59:34 PM »
You can forget about getting any deals at a dealership , they do have lots of overhead, I bought my extra FOB when I picked up the bike,  15 % off that day on everything, then it went thru the wash in my jeans and now a new battery only last two weeks then ...dead.

I put those canyon cages on front and rear and took off the rear because I ride a lot with out the bags , I just did not look right ...
If you always ride with the bags , no problem. 
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2014, 06:20:46 PM »
You can forget about getting any deals at a dealership , they do have lots of overhead, I bought my extra FOB when I picked up the bike,  15 % off that day on everything, then it went thru the wash in my jeans and now a new battery only last two weeks then ...dead.

Hey, at least you have a spare fob that will work for a few hours in case you lose your main!
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD