Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...  (Read 38923 times)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 03:15:07 PM »
So if they charged a buck to cut that lonesome hair, with the senior discount you are a hair lighter but a dollar richer?
That Roadmaster is a sharp looking bike. :)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
Actually 2$ richer.  They 'cut' 2 off the price.  But I just gave it back to the barber in the form of a tip.  We have a Korean barber shop in Fredericksburg and it's the best barber shop I've ever been to.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2017, 04:43:18 AM »
Just to be absolutely clear.....I'm not going pirate.   Wearing the same stuff I always do.

Uh huh. But instead of a parrot on your shoulder you'll have a robin right?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2017, 03:28:12 AM »
Uh huh. But instead of a parrot on your shoulder you'll have a robin right?

Correct.  I even have the peg leg limp.

Maintenance wise the bike has no valve adjustments and the spark plugs are so easy a cave man could do it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 03:31:42 AM »
Morning Jim. You're up early. Have you been following Indian's reentry into flat track racing?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2017, 05:17:56 AM »
The dealer told me about it.  We went to a flat track race some years back just outside of Richmond at Colonial Downs.  We certainly enjoyed it, especially the women riders.  Would go again if they have it.  I heard Indian did well at the latest event.

Maintenance note: 

No valve adjusts required.  My grandson could change the two plugs on the bike himself.  There really isn't a lot to do to this bike except change the oil and filter (screw on).  It's located about the same place as the gen1's.    I'm going to see if Murph's oil filter protector works on it this weekend.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2017, 06:15:05 AM »
Finding neutral is difficult with this bike.  I've been spoiled by the C14.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2017, 08:00:16 AM »

Same with the Ducati. Not sure I would say difficult but way harder than the C14.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »
I <believe> Kawasaki is the only motorcycle company using that positive neutral- finder. They certainly brought it to the market and were the only ones to use it for a long time at least.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2017, 06:15:58 PM »
Jim, you're not going to devolve into a 50/50 rider are you? They were out in force today.  >:(  :cannon:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2017, 04:09:57 AM »
Put 250 miles on it yesterday with the wife.  I must say I like the power.  My wife likes the comfort.  Way more softer ride than the C14 and it handles very well believe it or not with Dunlop Elite III's.

I did the Blue Ridge Parkway to Humpback Rocks and then back east on 33 from Elkton.  Took the mountain curves with ease and going downhill was a breeze taking corners and braking..  Brakes work well on this bike.

Have to take it in for the 250 mile initial service this week.  I'm probably going to have the dealer do all the work on this for the most part as there isn't a center stand for it.  I may have him flush the brakes as the fluid is really dark.  Will check on what new fluid looks like first.   This bike has been sitting awhile (maybe a year or so).  Don't have to worry about the clutch side as it uses a cable.  Probably will order one of those as a spare, though.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2017, 02:03:38 PM »
I've had to make a decision and I'm not going to say I'm sad about it...  In fact, I'm tickled to death over it...   The C14 is going up for sale after I go over it.  I'll have some farkles going up for sale such as the Russell seat, I think a couple of shields, CB luggage, and possibly some other stuff that I can't think of at the moment.  I've had the bike for 10 years and it's been a good run.

Don't think for one minute I'm leaving here, so don't get happy.  I just love the Indian and the wife likes it better than the C14.  The stock seat is comfortable and it's got everything else that I can think of.  I like the power delivery and the smoothness of the ride.  I had thought that the C14 was going to be the last bike but after riding the Indian RM I think I can get a good 10 more years on the saddle.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2017, 12:33:31 AM »

Forgive me for stating what may seem obvious JIm.

As you know I recently changed my C14 for a Versys 1000, and by pure chance have just started wearing some older bike boots that I had, before which (other boots), finding neutral was a real pain in the butt, maybe try some different boots or adjust the lever ............Just a thought

And while we are at it, all this talk about ride outs with the new bike , and no piccies ...cummon Jim  ;)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2017, 09:52:36 AM »
I'll attach some pics later today.   Took it in to get their 'Stage 1' performance kit installed (air intake, pipes).   Also added fins on the pipes and a mirror to the top case (so I can still look marvelous, baby).  What a difference that kit makes.   I didn't really have an issue with the power on this bike but that opened it up quite a bit more.  I might even be able to keep up with a C14 now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:43:51 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2017, 02:24:51 PM »
needs fringe

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2017, 04:38:56 PM »
 :_shudder_Emoticon   Not into fringe.   Don't like it.  I'm ok with leather, though.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2017, 07:32:43 PM »
May, you be stylin'!

A couple more performance mods and that thing will be nearly as sporty as the Toyata in the photo....

:rotflmao:

So Jim tell us, do they really have cookies on 'The Dark Side'?  ;)

Brian

I'll attach some pics later today.   Took it in to get their 'Stage 1' performance kit installed (air intake, pipes).   Also added fins on the pipes and a mirror to the top case (so I can still look marvelous, baby).  What a difference that kit makes.   I didn't really have an issue with the power on this bike but that opened it up quite a bit more.  I might even be able to keep up with a C14 now.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2017, 05:59:26 AM »
Yeah, they do.  ;)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:05 AM »

Sweet bike! I gotta say Jim, if I were going to a luxury cruiser, that would probably be at the top of my list.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2017, 10:10:32 AM »
I'll tell ya, I thought the C14 would be my last bike.  The next one would be convertible.   Had no intention to buy one of these bikes, but they were taking 3K off the top and I really liked the dealer and all his people.  Bought it without riding it.  I did sit on it and it felt marvelous.   Never ever thought I would buy American iron.  On the ride home, the lower revving power was phenomenal.  I bought the stage 1 upgrade because I'll be riding with a sport touring group into Ohio and I wanted a little more edge to the power curve.  It certainly has that now.  I wouldn't call it a beast but it's the next best thing.  The seat is so comfortable that I won't be buying aftermarket.  I can't say enough good things about this bike.  Oh, I'm missing the FTP switch.  I really used that a lot on the C14.