Author Topic: Group Buy-Canyon Cages  (Read 29132 times)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
Group Buy-Canyon Cages
« on: February 23, 2014, 07:01:13 PM »
Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay but Ryan had to take some personal time off and we were hoping he would be back to head up this group buy, however since he will be off another 3 to 4 weeks we're going to attempt it without him.  Please be patience with us.  We will be thrilled to return this to him when he returns.  So here is the deal, the Canyon Cages for Kawasaki Concours C10 1987 thru 2006 and the Side Bag Guards for this bike will be included.  Part number #1100-400 is the Canyon Cages and #1100-300 for is the Side Bag Guards.  MC Enterprises has set a deadline of Monday, April 21st. All orders MUST be placed by then or else you’ll miss out. However, it is strongly suggested that you place your order as soon as you’re sure you’d like to participate because orders will ship out based on where you are in line. The sooner you order, the sooner your guards will ship. With that in mind, we do NOT charge your payment information until the Group Buy has ended and we ship you order. So, the only thing you’re doing by getting your order in early is reserving a set for yourself. If you wait until the last minute, there’s no guarantee that you’ll receive your guards during the first batch. We plan on finishing the first run by early May.

As far as what constitutes a “participant”: One person, one order, one credit card = one order. If one person purchases both the Canyon Cage and Saddle Bag Guards, that is considered one participant for each part. If you’d only like the Canyon Cage, that is one participant for just that part. We are basically running a group buy for both products.

If you’d like to order or have any questions, comments, or inquiries please direct them, for the time being to Donnell or Teri and we will be happy to help you. You can contact us at the MC Enterprises office Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm PT at 866.886.2368 or anytime via email at Dnichols@mcenterprises.com.

Full Price - No Discount - Non Group Buy
#1100-400 Canyon Cage - $315.00 + Shipping
#1100-300 Saddle Bag Guards - $140.00 + Shipping

Tier 1: 5 - 15 Participants receive free shipping in the Continental US +
#1100-400 $305.00
#1100-300 $133.00

Tier 2: 16-25 Participants receive free shipping in the Continental US +
#1100-400 $290.00
#1100-300 $125.00

Tier 3: 26-50 Participants receive free shipping in the Continental US +
#1100-400 $265.00
#1100-300 $112.00
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:34:28 PM by RyanMCEnterprises »
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: Group Buy-Canyon Cages
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:23:53 AM »
Misprint? How about my 2006 C-10? Or are they different?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:45:25 AM »
Ryan's note says 1987 to 2005??  So I don't know, I will ask with Ryan when he calls in.  If anyone else knows please let me know!!!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
Thanks!!!    :popcorn:

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 02:33:47 PM »
Ryan's note says 1987 to 2005??  So I don't know, I will ask with Ryan when he calls in.  If anyone else knows please let me know!!!
Probably just a typo.  No difference besides color of the 2005 and 2006 bikes.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline DonnellMCE

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »
Spoke to Ryan and he knows it does fit through the last year Kawi made this bike, if that is 2006 then the bars will fit!!

Question?  Can I change my original post?

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 01:36:39 PM »
Spoke to Ryan and he knows it does fit through the last year Kawi made this bike, if that is 2006 then the bars will fit!!

Question?  Can I change my original post?
Should be a "Modify" button in the upper right of the post.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »
Got it!  Thanks Jon.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 10:34:00 AM »
Well, hello! Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm (Ryan!) is back at the office. If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns about the C10 Canyon Cage we're working on you can either post a comment here, PM me, or shoot me an email. It's great to be back and I hope everyone is doing well!

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 04:05:35 PM »
Well, hello! Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm (Ryan!) is back at the office. If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns about the C10 Canyon Cage we're working on you can either post a comment here, PM me, or shoot me an email. It's great to be back and I hope everyone is doing well!

Ryan, is it possible for us to get a count on how many sets from both forums you have a commitment on so we can see how close were getting to tier 3 pricing?

I'm in for both front and rears at tier 3 prices.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 07:23:11 PM »
I could be tempted at tier 3 pricing also :P
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:28 AM »
Ryan, is it possible for us to get a count on how many sets from both forums you have a commitment on so we can see how close were getting to tier 3 pricing?

I'm in for both front and rears at tier 3 prices.

Quite a few orders have come in the last few days. I'm working on editing a few of our drop videos for this bike right now because I know a lot of people are getting antsy to see them. As soon as I'm finished with that, I'm going to put in all the recent orders so I can get an updated order quantity. Once I know for sure how many of the fronts and rears we have sold and what tier we're on, I'll be sure to update you guys.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »
Ordered a set of fronts and backs today!

Anyone want to start keeping track of numbers ordered?

I'll start ... 1 Front set, 1 Back set.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 04:56:39 AM »

Glad to see you back, Ryan.  I know that it was a trying time for you.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Mr Orange

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 11:34:41 AM »
Quite a few orders have come in the last few days. I'm working on editing a few of our drop videos for this bike right now because I know a lot of people are getting antsy to see them. As soon as I'm finished with that, I'm going to put in all the recent orders so I can get an updated order quantity. Once I know for sure how many of the fronts and rears we have sold and what tier we're on, I'll be sure to update you guys.

:popcorn:

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:57 PM »
Ordered a set of fronts and backs today!

Anyone want to start keeping track of numbers ordered?

I'll start ... 1 Front set, 1 Back set.

We have 12 sets ordered at this point in time. If we can get to 20, I'll move it up to tier 3 pricing. The drop video will be up by this afternoon and hopefully that will coax some people into placing their orders.

Glad to see you back, Ryan.  I know that it was a trying time for you.

Thanks, man. I appreciate that. It has been quite tough for myself and my family lately. Some people just don't seem to have much compassion but I'm glad to see that you guys understand the difficulty I've had as of late. I'm doing my best to get back on the ball and appreciate everyones patience and understanding!

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
Here's the drop video! We had quite a few smaller videos so I did my best to edit the best of them together. Forgive my editing skills, though. I'm using a free video editer so it may be a tad choppy. Also, an initial note, if this bike goes over hard enough with the cages installed it will ding the mirrors (as you can see in the video). Normally during real-world drops, the bike doesn't just fall over like this though. Most of the time, the rider is on the bike and slows the drop which will keep the bike from rolling over and hitting the mirrors. The only time the mirrors will hit is during an unrestricted drop like you see in the video.

In order to stop the bike from going over that far, the bars would have had to be further out from the bike by quite a bit and just looked way too weird when we mocked them up. We figured a single replacement mirror was a small price to pay if the bars could protect all other parts of the bike which it does very well. This guard is extremely stout and took a bunch of unrestricted drops from straight up without breaking or bending whatsoever. I believe we dropped the bike a good 6-8 times, one after the other and the bars performed extremely well.

In addition to the drop video, I'm also including the short videos of the guards being installed and removed. These videos show how quickly the guard can be removed and reinstalled once the interior brackets are installed. This is essentially our version of a "quick-release".

Drop Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1_KKSb18A
Quick Release Removal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXYMm_omfHg
Quick Release Reinstall - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IBLSv3nz9M

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 06:31:35 PM »
when it goes over on the mirror, it's going to bend the fairing support and crack the fairing by the marker light. Usually the tank gets dinged too. Just an honest observation. you're probably right though, it wouldn't rock over so far with someone straddling and slowing the drop. Steve

Offline Murph

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »

I can sell you mirrors for the bike 8)

Murph
COG 2769
Industry Member