Author Topic: V-stream Windshield  (Read 7568 times)

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
V-stream Windshield
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
Just got my V-stream windshield that I ordered Monday!  I purchased from the link to powersportparts.net that was posted before the site went down (we need a name for that by the way) for $134.99 shipped. 

So far I like it.  Not a miracle solution, but buffeting is way down.  It does flop around in the wind, especially at full height, but I'm finding at low height it gives me a clean shot of air at the top of my helmet which is actually pretty nice.  I guess the true test will be my first 200+ mile ride.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
Re: V-stream Windshield
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:25:15 PM »
I ordered mine from the same website late last friday and the tracking number says it will be here tomorrow.   Pretty easy to install I assume?

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 08:34:47 PM »
i am torn between the cee baily or this.......

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »
Got it, like it. It does seem kinda flexy when all the way up, but I rarely have it that high . . . and I'm one of those tall, lanky dudes.

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »
I ordered mine from the same website late last friday and the tracking number says it will be here tomorrow.   Pretty easy to install I assume?

It took longer to unbox it and read the instructions than to mount it.  Six screws and its on.

I'm 6'2" and its great in the lower position.  Up high it almost blocks too much, but I suppose in the rain it would be great.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Bob

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 04:58:10 AM »
It works great. But I went with a shorter CalSci for the summer months. But the V Stream is awesome in the cool and on trips!

Offline Reddogger

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »
I replaced the Cee Bailey with V Stream about 300 miles ago and love it.  Rode home from work 70 miles last night in the rain and it kept me pretty much dry.  There is some movement when fully extended but not that noticeable to me. 
"...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."                     

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
I replaced the Cee Bailey with V Stream about 300 miles ago and love it.  Rode home from work 70 miles last night in the rain and it kept me pretty much dry.  There is some movement when fully extended but not that noticeable to me.

i am between these two.  i rode in the rain a couple of weeks ago and the stock shield wicked the water off write onto my helmet shield.....kind of annoying. 

Offline Mad River Marc

• The Kipass shall inherit the earth
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 09:31:57 AM »
I got mine quite by accident,   I was with Capn Bob and we were stopping by one of his Kawi dealers for some stuff I needed,  they had a V-Stream used hanging on the wall collecting dust,  perfect condition,   a little haggeling (Bob did most of that part :) )  and I walked away with it for 90.

So far loving it...was VERY easy to install, just watch the rubber gaskets...