Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 671221 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #980 on: May 14, 2013, 08:36:33 AM »
65 degrees and sunny on the ride into work this morning. I came thisclose to saying the hell with work and just kept on riding.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #981 on: May 14, 2013, 08:37:31 AM »
65 degrees and sunny on the ride into work this morning. I came thisclose to saying the hell with work and just kept on riding.
How many days till retirement?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #982 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »
How many days till retirement?

I was planning on retiring on 11/1/13 but after meeting with my advisor he suggested that I wait till 1/1/2014. That's only two more calendar months but since we close up for two weeks here at work (and still get paid) for Christmas, and two days for Thanksgiving, I'll only be working a ~month and a half more. Plus if I do this I'll get ~$70 more per month for the rest of my life.    ;D

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #983 on: May 14, 2013, 09:16:40 AM »
I was planning on retiring on 11/1/13 but after meeting with my advisor he suggested that I wait till 1/1/2014. That's only two more calendar months but since we close up for two weeks here at work (and still get paid) for Christmas, and two days for Thanksgiving, I'll only be working a ~month and a half more. Plus if I do this I'll get ~$70 more per month for the rest of my life.    ;D
Food, water, sleep, all over rated.  Retirement?  Way under rated ;D ;D ;D  Lost out on the Lee Parks instructor clinic so I am making up for it by doing the CO Back Country Discovery Route, GS is being trailered there (don't want to toast the knobbies), I fly into CO Springs on the 4th of June, spend a couple days with my oldest daughter and grandbaby, ride the BDR, do/attend a ADV Seminar in Idaho, ride home, shower, head to our last ADV Camp :)  Life is good ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #984 on: May 14, 2013, 09:40:31 AM »
Food, water, sleep, all over rated.  Retirement?  Way under rated ;D ;D ;D  Lost out on the Lee Parks instructor clinic so I am making up for it by doing the CO Back Country Discovery Route, GS is being trailered there (don't want to toast the knobbies), I fly into CO Springs on the 4th of June, spend a couple days with my oldest daughter and grandbaby, ride the BDR, do/attend a ADV Seminar in Idaho, ride home, shower, head to our last ADV Camp :)  Life is good ;)

:thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #985 on: May 14, 2013, 01:53:57 PM »
I've had enough of this office! It's too nice outside to be stuck inside, I'm going for a ride.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #986 on: May 15, 2013, 04:30:19 AM »
Have fun!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #987 on: May 15, 2013, 04:35:19 AM »
I did, thank you!    :D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #988 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:37 AM »
There sure are a lot of C14s for sale in the for sale section!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #989 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »
There sure are a lot of C14s for sale in the for sale section!
We might be breaking in a bunch of noobs before summer's over.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #990 on: May 21, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
I found some real nice roads in south central PA over the weekend. Hated to come back to Ohio.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #991 on: June 13, 2013, 04:42:05 PM »
My wife wanted to know what to do with the little bit of Coke left in the Fridge.  I said I have just the thing.....Bacardi rum!  She said you've already had two beers.  I said, I don't see your point.  The Coke is now gone along with some rum and I've thrown the Coke bottle in with the recylcables.  Everyone wins.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #992 on: June 13, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »
My wife wanted to know what to do with the little bit of Coke left in the Fridge.  I said I have just the thing.....Bacardi rum!  She said you've already had two beers.  I said, I don't see your point.  The Coke is now gone along with some rum and I've thrown the Coke bottle in with the recylcables.  Everyone wins.

;D :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #993 on: June 14, 2013, 04:32:53 AM »
And then she brought me a martini down as I was assembling my grandson's xbox.  A typical night at home.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #994 on: June 14, 2013, 02:12:34 PM »
I spent the better part of an hour repairing my digital weight reloading scale soldering a connection, calibrating it, putting it back together. I figured it wouldn't hurt to confirm my math and powder measure with an old fashioned mechanical scale. The same. Duh.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #995 on: July 04, 2013, 07:16:12 AM »
Was up on the roof, cleaning out my vent stacks (sounds a bit strange but true nevertheless) and did something to my lower left back.  Thought I was going to have to call the fire dept to get me down but I made it with the help of my wife.. 

Dr. Smith's Pain

Jonathan Harris interview (Lost In Space)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #996 on: July 04, 2013, 07:23:56 AM »
A slight problem with the local wildlife...

angry elephant

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #997 on: July 06, 2013, 11:36:36 AM »
I was sorting out some stuff in the basement archives when I came across my old slide rule  (Versalog Teledyne Post 44CA-600) that I used in tech school back in the fall/winter of '74.  It came complete with leather case.  Well, I decided to look up how to use it on the 'net and low and behold I was able to figure out how to multiply 2.3 x 3.4.  You can of course imagine my excitement as I went upstairs to impress my wife with my new found knowledge.  So I came in the bedroom and said 'Guess what this can do?  I can multiply 2.3 x 3.4!'  She looked at me and replied 'I thought you were going to measure something else.'  I had nothing after that....but a good laugh.  Not about the something else, but about the slide ruler itself.'   Let's be totally clear about that.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #998 on: July 06, 2013, 11:55:16 AM »
Just be carefull, I'd hate to read of a zipper like issue from a slide rule :o

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #999 on: July 06, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »
 :yikes: ouch!