Author Topic: FI Error disabled my Connie.  (Read 21011 times)

Offline 225

Re: FI Error disabled my Connie.
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »
My dealer had to order a cord for the KDS system to hook it up to the computer. Once they have that cord. We will know what the problem is.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 12:01:48 PM »
My dealer had to order a cord for the KDS system to hook it up to the computer. Once they have that cord. We will know what the problem is.

If they needed a cord to diagnose a problem it looks like your C14 is the first (or one of the first) that they have worked on.  Good luck.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stewart

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »
Maybe its a case that the C14 is such a quality bike, they've never had a need for the cable.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »
Maybe its a case that the C14 is such a quality bike, they've never had a need for the cable.

Also a possibility.........
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline 225

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 12:56:41 PM »
I agree. I think the C14 is the best sport touring bike ever built.

They build thousands a year. Not every single one is going to be perfect in mass production. Hopefully it will get fixed and I can ride it more.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:54 PM »
I agree. I think the C14 is the best sport touring bike ever built.

They build thousands a year. Not every single one is going to be perfect in mass production. Hopefully it will get fixed and I can ride it more.

It is actually amazing with so much technology in any modern vehicle that there aren't more problems than there typically are.  Just a single pin on a single connector out of hundreds of pins can cause a major failure.  One broken trace on a circuit board.  One faulty transistor.  One little burr of metal on a critical part.  Etc.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 04:45:10 AM »
It is actually amazing with so much technology in any modern vehicle that there aren't more problems than there typically are.  Just a single pin on a single connector out of hundreds of pins can cause a major failure.  One broken trace on a circuit board.  One faulty transistor.  One little burr of metal on a critical part.  Etc.

Or one spilled Pepsi...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TPXX

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 06:54:05 AM »
So what was the final result of this? I have a 2009 that flashed the immobilizer error at me this morning. I turned it off and when it quit flashing I restarted the bike. The error went away but it is disturbing.