Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672498 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1300 on: January 29, 2014, 06:09:52 AM »
Y'all can keep the East Coast (anything East of the Rockies), all of it.

:goodpost:

Some of us ride both coasts  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1301 on: January 29, 2014, 06:11:37 AM »

They say that people from the south don't know how to drive in snow?

What is this snow you speak of?  ;D

Although I've lived in europe and chicago, the mountains, and really did have to deal with it in the past. I'm not from here
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1302 on: January 30, 2014, 08:09:41 AM »
Wow, dinosaurs are everywhere!  ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #1303 on: January 30, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »

That pic makes me happy Steve, thank you.  :) :chugbeer:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1304 on: January 30, 2014, 05:35:19 PM »

That pic makes me happy Steve, thank you.  :) :chugbeer:

anytime brutha-man

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1305 on: January 31, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »
Wow, dinosaurs are everywhere!  ;D

I've stared at this pic for a long time and I still don't see a dinosaur. :P

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #1306 on: January 31, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »
I've stared at this pic for a long time and I still don't see a dinosaur. :P

You don't see the tittiflopalous?  ???

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #1307 on: January 31, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »
I think she's holding two invisible joints.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1308 on: January 31, 2014, 09:56:50 PM »
Been sick for a week. Off work since Monday PM. What a waste of a week! And TV is crappy.  :-[

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #1309 on: February 01, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »
Been sick for a week. Off work since Monday PM. What a waste of a week! And TV is crappy.  :-[

That sux G, hope ya feel better soon bro!  :chugbeer:

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1310 on: February 01, 2014, 12:13:16 PM »
Turned the corner yesterday but still not good. What really sucks is that I was supposed to go to my buddies place for the Superbowl. He has a dedicated theater that I built for him and it has state of the art sound as well as a 120 inch screen. I hope I can drag myself off the couch long enough to see that!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1311 on: February 01, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »
I've always found that when I am sick to my stomach, all they air on tv is food commercials.  I also stockpile reading supplies but then I feel so bad I can't even do that.

Glad you're on the mend.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1312 on: February 01, 2014, 01:53:42 PM »
I hate  :censored: plumbing...

Putting a new kitchen faucet.  The cutoffs leak.  Had to go to the hw store to buy washers.  Got that fixed, put everything together and no water.   :censored: :censored: and  :censored: !  That's no water coming out of the faucet.  There's water going in.  Take it all apart and start blowing through the lines.  No air coming out of the spout.   :censored: and this is a brand new 'expensive' faucet!   :censored: quality control...made in Taiwan.  Take it all apart, break some tabs on the cartridge trying to figure it out.  I got air getting to the cartridge but it won't go through......and then I realize I hadn't turned the lever to the correct position.  It now works.  :censored: :censored: and triple  :censored: .  Hopefully it won't leak after I put it all back together.

I hate  :censored: plumbing.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #1313 on: February 01, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »

Putting a new kitchen faucet.  The cutoffs leak.  Had to go to the hw store to buy washers.  Got that fixed, put everything together and no water.   :censored: :censored: and  :censored: !  That's no water coming out of the faucet.  There's water going in.  Take it all apart and start blowing through the lines.  No air coming out of the spout.   :censored: and this is a brand new 'expensive' faucet!   :censored: quality control...made in Taiwan.  Take it all apart, break some tabs on the cartridge trying to figure it out.  I got air getting to the cartridge but it won't go through......and then I realize I hadn't turned the lever to the correct position.  It now works.  :censored: :censored: and triple  :censored: .  Hopefully it won't leak after I put it all back together.

Oh  :censored:  Sparky, that  :censored:  sux.  :( I too :censored: hate that :censored: :censored: . It usually :censored: results in :censored: going back and :censored: fourth to the :censored: hardware store at least 3 :censored: times to eventually get what I :censored: need... :censored: :censored: :censored:

Glad to hear you think you got that  :censored:  thing figured out though.  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1314 on: February 01, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »
It's not over.  I reversed the hot and cold so now I have to pull everything out from the bottom of the sink and reverse the lines.  Dam faucet didn't have anything labeling which one was hot and which one was cold.  I took a chance...I was wrong.  Grrrrrrr.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #1315 on: February 01, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
Flew a DME arc to the ILS 34 approach at GXY the other day.

Not too bad in the grand scheme of things. Once over the VOR, you twist the OBS to outbound, follow it, then twist it to 90* of outbound once the DME jives, and fly 90* until the OBS needle is centered. Then twist the OBS another 10*, bank to the OBS minus 10* on the DG (HI), and fly it until the needle is centered, repeat. When the OBS is 10* from the ILS, bank inbound and keep the needles centered to the MDA. Go missed if you totally forked up. No discussion here, go missed.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1316 on: February 01, 2014, 11:00:24 PM »
Rick, I entered all that into Google translator and it came back as un recognizable.  So, I'm gonna take a stab at it.  You took off and flew over a Virgin On Rocks, twisted an On Board Stick, turned a hard left, did some Dumb Man Exercises, turned hard right using the On Board Stick to a centered position, twisted the On Board Stick for a slight turn left, did a bit of an s turn with the On Board Stick, hit the Demister Gadget (on HI), and flew using a knitting needle in the middle position.  You did this twice.  You went back to the On Board Stick, did another slight turn right, re centered the knitting needles in the Mighty Dark Area.  I also translated that some how you messed up, maybe you used your crochet needle instead of the knitting needle?

;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1317 on: February 02, 2014, 05:59:30 AM »

It's not over.  I reversed the hot and cold so now I have to pull everything out from the bottom of the sink and reverse the lines.  Dam faucet didn't have anything labeling which one was hot and which one was cold.  I took a chance...I was wrong.  Grrrrrrr.

Holy :censored: Jim! Thank goodness you didn't have to break out the torch and sweat on some copper lines! I fear that we would be reading about a tragic house fire instead.     :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1318 on: February 02, 2014, 06:31:07 AM »
Jim, leave the canyon cages on the shelf and step away from the bike.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1319 on: February 02, 2014, 06:35:07 AM »
Makes one think of Haroldo, doesn't it?  Thank goodness I have a decent hw store a few miles away.   They've saved my bacon many a time.