Author Topic: Trying to save money.  (Read 5205 times)

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
Trying to save money.
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:29:41 AM »
Trying to save some money by doing more and more of the work myself on the bike. I picked up an inexpensive bike lift. Getting a bit older and I don't need to be crawling around while trying to work on the bike. I've had it up on the lift at least 4 or 5 times and was getting used to pulling it onto the lift but the lift was a bit narrow. No real place to put your feet when pulling it up. So I had a couple of crates on either side to help. Well pulling it on one day with my 16yo son watching and guiding me in the front I pulled it on and missed the left crate. Down I went. No slow motion fall either. I went down hard on the left. Landed on some garden brick ending and put a baseball sized bruise on my hip. My son was freaking out and all I said was help me get the bike up. He's worried about me and I'm worried about the bike! No real damage to the bike. Minor scratches on the mirror and lower fairing. Very lucky all I bruised was my hip and ego :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Trying to save money.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:52:48 AM »
Ouch! I built a box out of 2x4s and plywood to use as a walk when I roll one of mine onto the lift.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:56:47 AM »
That's what I have now ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 07:03:39 AM »
It wasn't so bad with the airhead beemers but the c14 is a different story.