Author Topic: Spencers Moto Care Seat mod.  (Read 8413 times)

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
Re: Spencers Moto Care Seat mod.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 03:07:31 AM »
I sent my seat to Spencer and had him install his high end foam to both sections of the seat.  He did it quickly and it looks just as it did when stock.  However, the comfort level is dramatically improved.  Well worth the $90 plus round trip shipping.  For me though, the comfort level is compromised when stopped as I'm too damn short to adequately plant both feet.  I have thus been forced to acquire a low model from Sargent to enable a more comfortable stance when stopped.  When moving though, the Sargent is closer to a brick than a pillow.  Safety over comfort prevails so the Sargent shall remain my perch.  Anyone wishing to take the Spencer modified stocker off my hands can send me a PM or email and we'll discuss an appropriate price.   
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 12:11:18 PM »
I sent my seat to Spencer and had him install his high end foam to both sections of the seat.  He did it quickly and it looks just as it did when stock.  However, the comfort level is dramatically improved.  Well worth the $90 plus round trip shipping.  For me though, the comfort level is compromised when stopped as I'm too damn short to adequately plant both feet.  I have thus been forced to acquire a low model from Sargent to enable a more comfortable stance when stopped.  When moving though, the Sargent is closer to a brick than a pillow.  Safety over comfort prevails so the Sargent shall remain my perch.  Anyone wishing to take the Spencer modified stocker off my hands can send me a PM or email and we'll discuss an appropriate price.   

Unless on loose ground I find it much easier to just place the left foot down allowing it to be firmly planted.  I leave the right foot covering the rear brake and tap it a few times when cars start to get close from the rear direction.

Offline curly

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
I wish I could join in the celebration but about an hour to hour and a half is about all I can take before major squirming sets in. Then when I get back on it starts immediately.

I'm going to tough it out through the fall and then I'm springing for a Russell Day-Long. After two years of ownership I'm tired of dealing with seat issues. :(

The Spencer mod was good for $90 but not what I need. I need all day comfort.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

'09 in Black.

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »
I noticed a difference after the Spencer mod, but it wasn't a cure for the long distance burn. I love the seat for commuting and I really like the HT Moto cover that he put on when he did the mod, but I will also be springing for a Russell in the not too distant future.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »
I usually ride for an hour to one and a half hours then get off for a 10 minute break.  It makes the ride much more enjoyable for my wife and I and gets the blood flowing.  Last month we did a 600 mile weekend trip and the Spencer mod worked fine for me but not my wife.  The Airhawk does help but we have not taken another weekend trip since buying it.  We will be taking one this weekend but the Mayer seat is on now and another member has the Spencer seat.