Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853711 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #660 on: February 07, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
Hey, I think you are right there Marty! And I believe the top port (Easy!) is the output of the compressor (going by memory here). Maybe that photo is not a complete installation? Perhaps she was installing both the Rostra and the Stebel and the Stebel is not finished? Perhaps she disconnected the vinyl tubing to move it out of the way?

???

OK, the top nipple (!!) is the air output, according to both memory and this photo: https://www.google.com/search?q=stebel+horn+remote+installation&biw=1920&bih=1019&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0JLWVPH6N8qHyASNyYAI&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw#imgdii=_&imgrc=wqOC7YzJCNjFXM%253A%3B8y67hofvinVEMM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.gadgetjq.com%252Fstrebel_horn_mod.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.gadgetjq.com%252Fairhorn.htm%3B500%3B272

Nicole.... Hey Nicole! Some of us guize need you to explain how some of your farkles work.... yet again.

Brian

1 & 2 (and hopefully 4 {Oh Brian, really?  ::)  :P}) are correct...but (look closer) I see 3 as connected to the bottom of the long black vertical plastic channel/tube going up the side of the compressor to the intake port and nothing attached to the outlet (2).  No?

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #661 on: February 07, 2015, 03:45:30 PM »
nipple

Well now you've gone and done it!  :)

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #662 on: February 07, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »
Hey, I think you are right there Marty! And I believe the top port is the output of the compressor (going by memory here).

You are all correct.  The top port is the compressed air outlet.  The bottom port near the wiring is the air inlet.  It is a Stebel type compressor.  The Nautilus is a compact horn with the horn part directly connected to the compressor, but there are threads about people disconnecting the horn part and feeding it with a tube instead.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #663 on: February 07, 2015, 05:10:34 PM »
Hey "Guize", Im here and laughing my a** off with this convo. Sorry for my delay in getting back. I had jealousy issues with my other bike and it needed some attention. Gosh I love the Vmax power!

Yes it is a Stebel and as Max indicated and the top left "nipple" is the output. The bottom is the air intake and I simply connected a short piece of hose to it to try to all it to have clean air without any sand. Brian is correct in the fact that I was working on the horn and CC at the same time. The first install of the compressor was on the Starboard side of the bike where the Rostra now lives.  So this also added into the extensive Rostra install. The tubing for the horn was installed almost last.

Now I wish I had taken a picture of the mount for the CC cable before I re-installed the antifreeze tank.

So Here I was thinking that I was done with the mods for this bike for a while. But as it turns out, using a halogen auxiliary driving lamp on the forks was not the wisest choice. I have already gone through two bulbs, and from what I have been told, H3 bulbs are not the best to begin with. Much less subjecting them to the abuse of a front wheel. So now here I sit, researching lights. I want something that is bright enough to get the job done, but not too powerful to sear the retinas of oncoming traffic. Denali D2's are looking nice, but damn, they are expensive! Maybe MondoMotos?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:50:39 AM by sailor_chic »

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #664 on: February 07, 2015, 10:17:37 PM »
So Here I was thinking that I was done with the mods for this bike for a while.

:rotflmao:   Not sure where anyone would get a crazy idea like that. Certainly not something you'd pick up around here.  ;D

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #665 on: February 08, 2015, 08:18:33 PM »
Pulled the rear wheel and shock absorber then cleaned 40,000 miles of accumulated grime from the rear wheel, swing arm and associated links. Also changed diff fluid.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #666 on: February 08, 2015, 08:32:05 PM »
Pulled the rear wheel and shock absorber then cleaned 40,000 miles of accumulated grime from the rear wheel, swing arm and associated links. Also changed diff fluid.
Is doing that kinda crap really necessary?  Rode mine to work and back today.  Some how, lost an ear plug in the parking lot, and rode home without them.  First time on the bike w/o them.  WOW, the bike is mechanically much more involved than I ever heard before.  Have bad hearing problems, so plugs are a necessity, but what I heard today on the ride home was really cool.  I forgot how cool sounding I4's can be....Riding to work again tomorrow, as it gets twice the mileage of my car. Great weather here all week.... tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #667 on: February 08, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »
Necessary?  Absolutely not. Since I'm held captive in my shop while I'm making parts,  I try to do something for myself during the time between machining cycles. It also gives me time and opportunity to figure out what parts I want to build for her and what modifications I'd like to make.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #668 on: February 08, 2015, 09:43:27 PM »
Necessary?  Absolutely not. Since I'm held captive in my shop while I'm making parts,  I try to do something for myself during the time between machining cycles. It also gives me time and opportunity to figure out what parts I want to build for her and what modifications I'd like to make.
Great, thanks.  The tough part on this forum, is we don't know where anyone actually  lives.  Warm states, cold states. East, West, North, South??  Just communicated with a member on another forum who is currently under 5' of snow, and it's gonna be 78 here tomorrow.  I'm not going to have time to tear apart my bike, as I ride it to work, and have never seen winter salt or sand n grime.  I don't think it is a problem that needs addressing.  Glad you are able to maintain your Connie in a way that she needs....

Come on down to Texas and enjoy our over 80,000 miles of roads to ride. . . Many at 75 to 80 MPH speed limits, too...

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #669 on: February 08, 2015, 10:12:24 PM »
Great, thanks.  The tough part on this forum, is we don't know where anyone actually  lives.  Warm states, cold states. East, West, North, South??  Just communicated with a member on another forum who is currently under 5' of snow, and it's gonna be 78 here tomorrow.  I'm not going to have time to tear apart my bike, as I ride it to work, and have never seen winter salt or sand n grime.  I don't think it is a problem that needs addressing.  Glad you are able to maintain your Connie in a way that she needs....

Come on down to Texas and enjoy our over 80,000 miles of roads to ride. . . Many at 75 to 80 MPH speed limits, too...

Was in Dallas for 4 mos. in 2013 and received a $250. fine for going 90 in an 80 zone cresting a hill. The officer looked like Barney Fife holding the laser gun outside the car, and I could have easily outrun him if I had known the area better. The only good thing was the $250. fine included a no points offer from the town of Bridgeport district atty. It didn't spoil my entire time in Texas as I got to see where my favorite blues guy, Stevie Ray Vaughn gigged and hung out when he lived in Dallas and Austin, and went to see the inaugural MotoGP at COTA.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #670 on: February 08, 2015, 10:19:18 PM »
Thanks!  I live in Phoenix so the weather here has been epic. Since my commute is about 60 seconds, by foot, I only ride for pleasure. I generally don't ride  around town, I prefer to cross a state line if I throw a leg over my bike. Countless trips to Ca, New Mexico, or Nevada.

I know most folks don't really enjoy droning out miles on the Interstate system but I find it very relaxing and I tend to come up with some creative solutions to the challenges I have to deal at work. With any kind of good luck I plan to do several Iron Butt sort of rides this summer.  I can't wait to try it on the Concours instead of an Electra Glide!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #671 on: February 09, 2015, 03:36:08 AM »
Might we be seeing some of these creations?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #672 on: February 09, 2015, 06:37:01 AM »
In the not too distant future. I've been sourcing the necessary whatnots to do what it is that I want to do cost effectively.  As a matterof fact, I received the first of those whatnots Saturday.

I was a mechanic for over 20 years and have seen the best and the worst of accessories/modifications over the years. When I build something, I want people to think "It should have come from the factory that way." or "Where can I get one of those?" I can tell that THIS is going to be a tough crowd to impress. I have my work cut out for me...  :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #673 on: February 09, 2015, 06:45:32 AM »
 :popcorn: :thumbs:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #674 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:18 PM »
Pulled my drive shaft out, cleaned it, lubed it, then stuck it back in.  :-[

Also pulled out the coupling damper, cleaned it, lubed it, and stuck it back in.  :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #675 on: February 09, 2015, 09:10:46 PM »
I got caught rode mine in the warm rain today  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Jim H

« Reply #676 on: February 10, 2015, 03:52:59 AM »
  Bought a service manual!   Can't get it out of the pole barn with all the snow and ice accumulated!!!   Don't want to try out the traction control that bad! HA

Jim

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #677 on: February 10, 2015, 04:08:30 AM »
How did the service manual get stuck in the pole barn?  :)

Offline Jim H

« Reply #678 on: February 10, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »
How did the service manual get stuck in the pole barn?  :)

Guess it didn't mind the cold!  LOL   Can't wait to dig in a little deeper....always had one with the Vmax and it came in handy many times.  At this rate it will be many months for me to get the bike out....while not as much snow as NE it is pretty solid ice now all the way from the house to the PB......at least a foot or more solid....then when it melts it will be so freakn wet....good thing for traction control! LOL

Offline tomp

« Reply #679 on: February 10, 2015, 03:42:28 PM »
while not as much snow as NE it is pretty solid ice now all the way from the house to the PB......at least a foot or more solid....then when it melts it will be so freakn wet....good thing for traction control! LOL

And again, I thank Heaven above for allowing me to be born, and to live in Texas.  Currently 73, and not a cloud in the sky.   Good luck with the ice...  tomp