Author Topic: Cafe racers and scoot show in Durham NC pics ......  (Read 2409 times)

Offline sas mayhem

Cafe racers and scoot show in Durham NC pics ......
« on: September 14, 2011, 10:03:26 PM »
 I wish that I knew more about these cafe racers and scoots. It was a real good show and 98% of them where ridin there. No trailer queens.

Cheers
Ron

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:03:11 AM by sas mayhem »
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline sas mayhem

Re: Cafe racers and scoot show in Durham NC pics ......
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
And more....... sorry if some of you have dial up.... ;)

This one was my favorite....

I hope you all enjoyed,

Cheers
Ron

09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »
Love the RC30!  :-* :thumbs: :hail:

Offline gpzrocker

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 03:54:40 AM »

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:14:49 AM »
Two observations:  That first pic, the Hercules, that's real history there.  Wankel rotary engine, I think the first one ever put into production on a motorcycle.  I can't imagine that it had a very cool sounding exhaust note.  Second, that Royal Enfield does look great.  We had a dealer locally who tried selling the re-incarnated R-E line made in India.  Concept was good, classic looks, disk brakes, fuel injection, and fairly low price.  They just couldn't sell them though, and it was months after they dropped the line that they finally unloaded the last one.  His mechanic told me "off the record" that they were junk, but that's just one guy's opinion.  500cc and a cruising speed of only about 70 would probably have limited their success in my area. 
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!