Author Topic: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?  (Read 253282 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?
« Reply #1220 on: August 14, 2020, 07:42:21 PM »

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1221 on: August 15, 2020, 11:02:00 AM »

I agree; it is; it's kinda fun as well.

C2 A4 A3 6B 40 83 81 95 40 A8 96 A4 40 A2 81 A8 40 89 A3 40 89 95 40 C5 C2 C3 C4 C9 C3 6F 40 7F C2 99 89 81 95 40 89 A2 40 83 96 99 99 85 83 A3 6B 40 96 95 85 40 96 86 40 A8 96 A4 40 A6 89 93 93 40 82 85 40 84 89 A2 81 97 97 96 89 95 A3 85 84 40 89 95 40 95 96 A5 85 94 82 85 99 40 96 99 40 97 85 99 88 81 97 A2 40 84 85 83 85 94 82 85 99 4B 7F

We appear to be listening with our eyes?* (*somewhat on topic, but hopefully someone will post some music to stop all this. )

clue

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1222 on: August 15, 2020, 11:53:24 AM »
JC,Gary!  That made my eyes and my brane hurt.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1223 on: August 15, 2020, 02:10:55 PM »
 :cool:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1224 on: August 15, 2020, 02:47:25 PM »
^^  Now THAT is a headache.  At least I don't have to listen to it.

And on that note- right now, Van Morrison: Does Love Conquer All?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1225 on: August 15, 2020, 04:56:04 PM »
Bette Midler
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1226 on: August 15, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »
https://youtu.be/A13tUxH09SI

I've heard it said that when Gov't Mule covers your song it's no longer your song.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1227 on: August 16, 2020, 06:37:33 AM »
I bought myself a new set of headphones.    :cool:

Sony Noise Cancelling True Wireless Headphones WH1000XM3

Got em the other day when Sony reduced the price by $100.

These are without a doubt the best sounding cans that I have every had the pleasure of listening to. Outstanding! Incredible detail.

The price has gone back up but it appears that Sony reduced the price because of the release of the newest model, WH1000XM4. I suspect that the price will go back down to clear out the inventory on the old model.

30 hours of battery time! Awesome.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1228 on: August 16, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
https://youtu.be/A13tUxH09SI

I've heard it said that when Gov't Mule covers your song it's no longer your song.....

Great song! Love those guys.

I've been listening to them for a while, this is the song that turned me on to them.

Still my fav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5O-USmEg-0

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1229 on: August 16, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »
I bought myself a new set of headphones.    :cool: Sony Noise Cancelling True Wireless Headphones WH1000XM3

I bought something similar (Sony bluetooth noise cancelling wireless headphones, I don't know the model number) years ago and returned them a week later when I discovered they had no "off".  They were always in "standby", so the battery drains continuously until they are dead a week later when you want to use them.  I hope they changed the design by now.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1230 on: August 17, 2020, 06:12:21 AM »
I bought something similar (Sony bluetooth noise cancelling wireless headphones, I don't know the model number) years ago and returned them a week later when I discovered they had no "off".  They were always in "standby", so the battery drains continuously until they are dead a week later when you want to use them.  I hope they changed the design by now.

Yes, they changed the design.

I used these headphones while mowing the lawn yesterday. When the noise cancelling is turned on the sounds from the mower and string trimmer disappear almost completely. The music covers up what remains of the noise. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1231 on: August 17, 2020, 03:13:20 PM »
Yes, they changed the design.

I used these headphones while mowing the lawn yesterday. When the noise cancelling is turned on the sounds from the mower and string trimmer disappear almost completely. The music covers up what remains of the noise.

I am tempted to give the newer models a chance.  How do they fare with long-term use regarding ear-sensitivity, especially when wearing glasses?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1232 on: August 18, 2020, 06:48:36 AM »
I am tempted to give the newer models a chance.  How do they fare with long-term use regarding ear-sensitivity, especially when wearing glasses?

So far so good. The headphones are very light and very comfortable. I wore them for three hours straight with no issues.

Speaking of glasses, I wear them too. These headphones have a setup routine that includes an analysis of the acoustics inside of the phones while you're wearing them (there are mics inside and outside of the phones of course). Sony says that the EQ is adjusted for things like ear shape (there's also a routine to takes a picture of both of your ears and adjusts the EQ accordingly), glasses, and hair style. Once you set a baseline for the settings you can use the Sony Headphone connect app on your phone to fine tune the sound to your liking.

There's some good youtube reviews on these headphones, also check out cnet.com for in-depth reviews.   

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1233 on: August 18, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
So far so good. The headphones are very light and very comfortable. I wore them for three hours straight with no issues.   Speaking of glasses, I wear them too. [...]  There's some good youtube reviews on these headphones, also check out cnet.com for in-depth reviews.   

I have spent days now combing through specs and reviews of the WH-1000XM3 and XM4.  I still have some concerns.  Anyway, I found the model I bought and returned 4 or 5 years ago:

mdr-zx770bn

https://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-zx770bn

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1234 on: August 19, 2020, 05:29:16 AM »

A progressive metal session this morning.   Dream Theater, Queensryche and Fates Warning.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1235 on: August 21, 2020, 05:12:09 AM »

Grunge session today.  Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots...

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1236 on: August 21, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »
Random session today for me.
Rush, YYNOT, Pink Floyd, Hawkwind, and Genesis/Gabriel mixed in at random with Nile, Scarab, Grave, Fear Factory, Slayer and Motörhead.
;D :banghead: :thumbs: :banana :cool:

Sing alonga ProgRock followed by DeathGrunts  :rotflmao:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #1237 on: August 21, 2020, 12:44:04 PM »
Been listening to a lot of Roxy Music.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1238 on: August 22, 2020, 06:59:14 AM »
Been listening to a lot of Roxy Music.

Can't go wrong with Bryan and the lads.    :thumbs:

One of my favs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE49NdNnBxA

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1239 on: August 22, 2020, 07:58:37 AM »
I have spent days now combing through specs and reviews of the WH-1000XM3 and XM4.  I still have some concerns.

Ug, I must be a glutton for punishment.  I ordered the XM4 last night and picking it up later today.