Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852764 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #740 on: February 22, 2015, 04:49:24 PM »
+1...that's why we need to mount M60's on the bike.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #741 on: February 22, 2015, 04:53:14 PM »
I think M60s may be a bit much. An MP5 on each side however........ ;D
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #742 on: February 22, 2015, 09:30:36 PM »
Tom,  glad you avoided her.  Gotta watch out for those darn women drivers. :)

So I'm guessing that your off to Walmart now for new undies?

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #743 on: February 24, 2015, 05:49:52 PM »
my new PR4 and EBC brakes showed up yesterday, and I had today off..... So I spent the afternoon in my garage. Used my DIY tire mounting system and some Dynabeads to balance the new PR4s. I wish the roads  where not so wet and sloppy(salt and road grime) it would have been nice to go for a little spin.

Offline tomp

« Reply #744 on: February 24, 2015, 06:05:05 PM »
Come on down to Texas or Florida.  Kinda cold here the next couple of days, but Nicole is having great weather in Florida.  80's there.  Wish it was the same here, so I could ride to work n back.... tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline RDS

« Reply #745 on: February 24, 2015, 06:29:01 PM »
Well not so much today but for the winter up here in Ma. I have: installed dp brake pads f&r used a disc grinder to clean up rotors, changed the fork oil with Honda fluid using traxxion tools, cleaned and greased the stem bearings, delkevic slip on and pulled the flies. I'm now trying to sort the use of a pc5. That's all for now
2009 abs
Richard
2009 C14.   Go for a ride!

sailor_chic

« Reply #746 on: February 25, 2015, 12:16:55 PM »
Come on down to Texas or Florida.  Kinda cold here the next couple of days, but Nicole is having great weather in Florida.  80's there.  Wish it was the same here, so I could ride to work n back.... tp

Tom, it pains me too look at the weather map and see how nice it is at home.  We're about 2 hrs away from the dock in Mobile AL, and it is blowing 30 out of the North and is going to be in the 30s for my cargo watch tonight. It's a miserable day to work on the water! Oh and just for the record...  I HATE WINTER!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:52:28 PM by sailor_chic »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #747 on: February 25, 2015, 01:03:28 PM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #748 on: February 26, 2015, 12:41:01 PM »
+1, too.   Cold has no place being in the South.  Nicole, hope you get back home to great weather.  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #749 on: February 27, 2015, 12:50:48 AM »
+1...that's why we need to mount M60's on the bike.

if you get that MOT'ed, then why not go the whole why and get M134s on each side? One forward, one backwards. Like those mototerminators in T4 Salvation (although those were Ducati's).
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #750 on: February 27, 2015, 01:51:35 AM »
I put a 2 Brothers can on and got rid of that cartoonist looking contraption. Very simple to do,  even more so the second time when I mounted it straight. Next up... move the Adaptiv over to the right side and mount my antique Zumo 550 on the left. I'm embarrassed to ask but,  where is the key lock for the seat? All I have is the owners manual and the picture is less than ideal.
Thanks
Richard

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #751 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:51 AM »
if you get that MOT'ed, then why not go the whole why and get M134s on each side? One forward, one backwards. Like those mototerminators in T4 Salvation (although those were Ducati's).

:thumbs: I like the way you think!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #752 on: February 27, 2015, 04:52:05 AM »
I put a 2 Brothers can on and got rid of that cartoonist looking contraption. Very simple to do,  even more so the second time when I mounted it straight. Next up... move the Adaptiv over to the right side and mount my antique Zumo 550 on the left. I'm embarrassed to ask but,  where is the key lock for the seat? All I have is the owners manual and the picture is less than ideal.
Thanks
Richard

Left side of the bike. below the seat and just in front of the left bag.

You can see it in this pic, the extreme right side of the pic. Click to zoom and then scroll to the right.

Damn that's a good lookin bike!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #753 on: February 27, 2015, 05:54:41 AM »
while I didn't do this today, it was a combination of last weekend and tomorrow. Changed out the pipe for a two brothers carbon black series, BMC air filter and just got my ecu back from Guhl yesterday so that will be going in tomorrow.

feb 2nd I ordered my seat from Corbin, still waiting on that and was told Tuesday by them that another couple weeks. I hope dealing with them wasn't a mistake as they seem to be in a now rush, when I ordered it they told me 3-4 weeks...it is starting to feel more like 2-3 months!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #754 on: February 27, 2015, 06:58:45 AM »
while I didn't do this today, it was a combination of last weekend and tomorrow. Changed out the pipe for a two brothers carbon black series, BMC air filter and just got my ecu back from Guhl yesterday so that will be going in tomorrow.

feb 2nd I ordered my seat from Corbin, still waiting on that and was told Tuesday by them that another couple weeks. I hope dealing with them wasn't a mistake as they seem to be in a now rush, when I ordered it they told me 3-4 weeks...it is starting to feel more like 2-3 months!

It took 3 or 4 weeks to get mine but rest assured, it will come and the quality is outstanding.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #755 on: February 27, 2015, 07:07:43 AM »
I know it will get here eventually....im like a 8 year old waiting for Christmas, Good thing I ordered it during the winter! Now im thinking I might call and have them send me the passenger backrest for it also..never know when the wife might decide to get back on a bike again.

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #756 on: February 27, 2015, 07:37:36 AM »
Thanks Conrad  :)

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #757 on: February 27, 2015, 08:24:58 AM »
I couldn't tell you. My drinking got away from me a LONG time ago so I had to quit. You know the guy that turns in to a real  :censored: when he drinks? That's me. If you think I'm bad now, add alcohol and see what happens....

We run in the same crowd :)

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #758 on: February 27, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »
Left side of the bike. below the seat and just in front of the left bag.

You can see it in this pic, the extreme right side of the pic. Click to zoom and then scroll to the right.

Damn that's a good lookin bike!
+1  Conrad
Looks like my twin used to.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #759 on: March 02, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
Bar risers, Grip Puppies, and a pair of Sylvania Silverstar Ultras
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....