Author Topic: Banshee Horn, Plug & Play Screamer..  (Read 19055 times)

Offline Walker18

• Arena
Re: Banshee Horn, Plug & Play Screamer..
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »
It's too frickin cold here..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
It's too frickin cold here..

+1 Same here.....
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
Well I decided to hook up the screaming banshee and FZ1 fuse block today. Could not really locate the horn in a desirable place adjacent to the stock horn. There does not appear to be enough clearance in any direction especially with front fender movement. I initially thought to simply remove the stock horn from its mount, slip the shaft of the stock horn through the hole on the Banshee bracket and remount the whole unit....uh nope. The holes do not allow both horns to be mounted on the same bracket ( too close). So I thought that I would simply re-drill the Banshee bracket but there does not seem to be enough clearance in the space above the fender. Looking at the Banshee web site under installation, the one Banshee unit mounted  next to the stock horn seems somewhat different from the Plug and Play unit I have. Has anyone tried to mount this horn yet? I will look for another place to mount it next week, or maybe call Peter and see if he has any suggestions for an appropriate mounting location. I also will be mounting a Banshee on my Gixxer, there seems to be a lot of room above the front fender on this bike.
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »
Sorry to here that. I have not yet found the time to give it a try yet. Good luck.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2013, 02:29:49 PM »
I think I found a good spot for the horn. I located it under the black dash plastic on the right side of the bike.

1. I removed the horn from the  Banshee bracket (BB) and rotated it to the other side of the bracket (BB).
2. Torque bend the lower 1" of the bracket (BB) in a vise counter clockwise a few degrees ( if you mount the bracket (BB) in a vise in the position as the picture) and then put a slight bend as shown ( towards the plastic horn). This helps to line up the hole to the bracket in the C14 while allowing the horn and control box to be positioned under the faring.
3. There is an empty threaded hole in a bracket (C14) under the plastic that appears to be grounded that you can secure the horn bracket ( I think I'll run a ground anyway. I put a yellow pencil in it shown in the picture). You have to drill another hole in the bracket(BB) about 1/4" up from the original hole so that the electrical component box will set below the faring.
4. Keep the horn bolt loose and line everything up so you can turn the opening of the horn towards the front of the bike and then re-tighten the nut on the horn shaft.

The horn appears to be quite secure and does not interfere with any front end moving parts ( fork etc.). I will hook up the electrics tomorrow. Hopefully the sound will be projected forward and be heard by all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:26:31 PM by tjpgi »
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2013, 02:32:47 PM »
Cool. More pics when done?

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »
Additional pix
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »
Thanks

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 07:30:59 PM »
Now, for a C-10 write up?!! ;D
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »
Well I got everything hooked up and it works as advertised. 25 msec delay ( default setting) with OEM horn sounding and then the Banshee kicks in with great sound and both headlights flashing. You hook the yellow wire from the Banshee to the white/red wire in the relay that goes to both headlights ( high beam). Look under the left black dash plastic, middle relay ( there are 3 relays). Use the supplied posilock connector. I also added a FZ1 FuzeBlock but could not wire the horn to the FuzeBlock since you are limited to 10 amps ( 120w) per circuit and this horn when flashing the headlights draws over 120w ( not sure how many watts but a 10 amp fuse blew...the horn is fused at 30 amps but the guys at Banshee said a 10 amp circuit might be adequate). Anyway I think when you guys ( and gals) hook up your Banshee you will be pleased. My install was long in time but you cannot see the horn, the FZ1 and all the wiring is hidden. Post how you do when you hook yours up and especially if you find another location for the Banshee. Good luck! It is worth the time. Loud horn and modulation of the front headlights when you want it ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:06:11 PM by tjpgi »
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2013, 07:48:49 PM »
Well I got everything hooked up and it works as advertised. 25 msec delay ( default setting) with OEM horn sounding and then the Banshee kicks in with great sound and both headlights flashing. You hook the yellow wire from the Banshee to the white/red wire in the relay that goes to both headlights. Look under the left black dash plastic, middle relay ( there are 3 relays). Use the supplied posilock connector. I also added a FZ1 FuzeBlock but could not wire the horn to the FuzeBlock since you are limited to 10 amps ( 120w) per circuit and this horn when flashing the headlights draws over 120w ( not sure how many watts but a 10 amp fuse blew...the horn is fused at 30 amps but the guys at Banshee said a 10 amp circuit might be adequate). Anyway I think when you guys ( and gals) hook up your Banshee you will be pleased. My install was long in time but you cannot see the horn, the FZ1 and all the wiring is hidden. Post how you do when you hook yours up and especially if you find another location for the Banshee. Good luck! It is worth the time. Loud horn and modulation of the front headlights when you want it ;D

Excellent install write-up! I don't own a 14, so I was relying on the folks at Banshee to provide install options. Yours appears
to be the best for weather protection and appearance (or lack of). Thanks for stepping up!
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2013, 09:04:20 PM »
Excellent install write-up! I don't own a 14, so I was relying on the folks at Banshee to provide install options. Yours appears
to be the best for weather protection and appearance (or lack of). Thanks for stepping up!

Thanks for your help in getting the group buy. For the last several years I thought about putting on a headlight modulator but was concerned it might annoy someone and cause them to become aggressive. This horn combo is just what I needed, something to get their attention via their ears and their eyes and only used when needed.

Thanks again
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »
been on the road a ton. Just got back to the forums. I got mine and enjoyed revisiting the thread to find mounting ideas already posted. Thanks for the efforts.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »
Well I finally got the Banshee Screamer installed in The Gixxer. I actually thought I had a lot of room to work with but I didn't. Had to separate the electric component module and install it under the faring and remove the stock horn bracket and drill a new hole in the Banshee bracket and install the OEM horn on it and then reinstall the unit. Hiding the wiring was more of a challenge than on the Concours. It works great and I now have improved visibility on both of my usual rides.
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »
Well, just installed my Banshee Plug & Play screamer horn.  Did a similar install as "tjpgi".  Mounted it under the right black panel.  I too bent the bottom of the mount and also moved the horn to the opposite side of the mount.  Wired it all up and WOW is this horn loud.  One of the best farkles out there.  For those that participated in the group buy and haven't installed it yet, go for it.  You will be happy with it.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS