Author Topic: ### Speedometor Not Returning To Zero ###  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Motor32

• '87 Concours '16 Ninja 300R
### Speedometor Not Returning To Zero ###
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
My speedometor doesn't return to zero and is not working correctly. The odometer and trip-meter are both working though. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: ### Speedometor Not Returning To Zero ###
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »
My speedometer doesn't return to zero and is not working correctly.
Let go of the throttle!!!   ;D

Sorry, this is a new one for me.  Can't really be of any assistance.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
How long do you plan on keeping the bike ?
The speedo housing is accessable, from the rear, and I believe you do have to break the housing, kin of like a seal. If I recall, and if it is like most out there from the 80's and 90's, the spring that controls the movement can be lubricated. I would guess that there is dust in the movement parts that is affecting the uhh, movement. Good luck, and maybe take pics of what you do, in case a question comes up down the line if your seeling your Connie.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 10:30:31 PM »
  KISS  Try greasing the speedo cable first or a new cable. If that doesn't do it go to plan "B". I don't have a plan "B"!!
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc