Author Topic: Hi From Kihikihi New Zealand  (Read 1851 times)

Offline insomnia

Hi From Kihikihi New Zealand
« on: March 02, 2019, 11:34:08 PM »
Hi guys, I made the transition from Red to Green sometime ago & just had to buy a touring version. Loving the move but still have a couple of Hondas lurking in the background
2008 GTR14 Godiva Tint screen, Radguard, Pilot Road 4 GT, Sheep skin seat cover, Gel seat, Pyramid Hugger, Givi V46 top box

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Re: Hi From Kihikihi New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 12:32:10 AM »
Sweet! North or South island?

Of course I could Google "Kihikihi", but we'd all like to hear about your country :)

I toured N island on holiday many moons ago. Rotorua, glow worm caves, ... Wonderful people and scenery, some day I'd like to return.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:06:51 AM »
Hi from the Manawatu!
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline insomnia

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »
Hi Rick, I'm in the North Island AKA the "MIGHTY WAIKATO" although our rugby team isn't do so great at the moment but early days yet in the Super rugby, Kihikihi is @40minute drive from where the glow worm caves are that you mentioned to have seen, next time your over give me a shout & I'll show you some awesome roads in the South Waikato
2008 GTR14 Godiva Tint screen, Radguard, Pilot Road 4 GT, Sheep skin seat cover, Gel seat, Pyramid Hugger, Givi V46 top box

Offline insomnia

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 01:44:26 PM »
Hi Andrew, well I made it here on the Connie grp loving the bike, brought it Nov"2018 @16K now at @22K service done & new shoes (PR4GT) Hawkes Bay is a regular loop Home via Waioeka gorge, waiting on your TT2000 report looks like you had a blast.

FYI how do I add my bike specs to my profile like everyone has done?

cheers

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 07:35:23 PM »
Hi Andrew, well I made it here on the Connie grp loving the bike, brought it Nov"2018 @16K now at @22K service done & new shoes (PR4GT) Hawkes Bay is a regular loop Home via Waioeka gorge, waiting on your TT2000 report looks like you had a blast.

FYI how do I add my bike specs to my profile like everyone has done?

cheers
Click “profile”
Under profile click “forum profile”
You can add info in the appropriate boxes, but under the signature box, you can add a lot of text such as year bike, mileage, farkles etc.

2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline banditrider

• Off for a ride
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 10:10:14 PM »

Niceone!

Yeah, the TT was awesome.  I'll need to start on that report....
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 12:38:55 AM »
Hi Rick, I'm in the North Island AKA the "MIGHTY WAIKATO" although our rugby team isn't do so great at the moment but early days yet in the Super rugby, Kihikihi is @40minute drive from where the glow worm caves are that you mentioned to have seen, next time your over give me a shout & I'll show you some awesome roads in the South Waikato

You know I will!

Lest I forget, welcome to the Nut House :)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:16:00 AM »
A few of us have talked about doing a group ride that way.
So, here are some questions..  (for folks on a budget)

Are there places to rent motorcycles?
  Best location to start/end the ride?
  Best time of year?
  Approx. costs for food/gas/beer/lodging? 
  Anyone willing to show us around, and/or help as we make the arrangements? <sneaky grin>
     If we do such a ride,, anyone else interested in going?

Ride safe,Ted

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 12:04:41 PM »
Sweet! North or South island?

You mean North Island or the Mainland? ;)

My buddy is up outside Aukland with his Wooden boats and absolutely goes bonkers when I talk about the Mainland. Retired NZ Navy served in Viet Nam.

Great Bike. I would love to go back down and cruise Wakatipu from Dunedin and over to the west coast back to Christchurch.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline insomnia

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 12:20:38 PM »
Read Banditriders blog page lots of good info there for you lot, as for where to start & finish depends on where you fly into NZ ie: arrive Christchurch tour south island first cross the Cook strait ride the north island however you like depart from Auckland is an example. Autumn is best season for riding based on all the hot weather we have been having but whatever floats your boat really but don't come over in our winter as south island is mostly snowed in roads, slippery surface not to bad in north island

Offline insomnia

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 12:23:49 PM »
I would love to go back down and cruise Wakatipu from Dunedin and over to the west coast back to Christchurch.

Queenstown out to Glenorchy is AWESOME, cross the bridge & head to Kinloch for lunch is a cool spot  8)

Offline banditrider

• Off for a ride
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 09:29:27 PM »

TT2000 write-up:​ https://banditrider.weebly.com/2019-tt2000.html​​​