Author Topic: anyone able to get on the COG site  (Read 20833 times)

Offline C14lvr

Re: anyone able to get on the COG site
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 04:50:38 AM »
Guess I've just been lucky!

Reading now where they've been having some technical issues lately.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 05:20:47 AM »
I just checked and it's working fine for me.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline soonerone

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 04:10:11 PM »
Not working for me at present. Same thing yesterday afternoon, but in the evening, it work. Now--NOT..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 04:54:54 PM »
Working here... for now...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 05:13:28 AM »
Not working this morning...

Maybe somebody said a curse word on there and the whole thing crashed?...LOL.

Rem :o
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 05:16:51 AM »
works from here

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:02 AM »
works from here

All I get is "This Page Cannot Be Displayed".

I can get on the main page, but not the forum.

Maybe they finally got sick of my crap and kicked me off...LOL>

Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 05:26:18 AM »
Nah, you're a nice guy, Rem.

Offline kv5e

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
DDOS attack continues against the hosting company for cog-online.org

Sophisticated and varying attack from China is eating all of the bandwidth and poisoning DNS look ups for the URLs associated with Memberize, Git Hub, and cog-online.org.

COG has nothing to do with it, just has the unfortunate circumstance of being hosted where and or associated with the DNS problems as part of the attack.

Look on the bright side......no self absorbed OtP candidate posts with 36 point fonts...........

Craig

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »

Sophisticated and varying attack from China is eating all of the bandwidth and poisoning DNS look ups for the URLs associated with Memberize, Git Hub, and cog-online.org.

COG has nothing to do with it, just has the unfortunate circumstance of being hosted where and or associated with the DNS problems as part of the attack.

Look on the bright side......no self absorbed OtP candidate posts with 36 point fonts...........

Craig

Real time world cyber attack map

http://map.ipviking.com/
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »

Craig

:rotflmao:

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 12:31:55 PM »
I haven't been following any OTP discussions, so this joke is blowin' right past me...lol.

Rem

Offline kv5e

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »
I haven't been following any OTP discussions, so this joke is blowin' right past me...lol.

Rem

OtP candidates on the COG site started posting in regional forums with pleas for votes........the posts get snowballing with larger and larger fonts in an effort to out advertise their opponents.

It was cute at first, but then went out of control and I started thinking that maybe we should only buy a one way ticket for the winning OtP rider!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Just a symptom of the pervasive self-absorbed behavior seen now.........Craig

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 12:53:44 PM »
Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 12:59:20 PM »
OtP candidates on the COG site started posting in regional forums with pleas for votes........the posts get snowballing with larger and larger fonts in an effort to out advertise their opponents.

It was cute at first, but then went out of control and I started thinking that maybe we should only buy a one way ticket for the winning OtP rider!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Oh...ok, gotcha. I almost never wander outside of the C14 tech/accessory section over there, so I wouldn't see that.
However, it sounds about right.
The world has gone from being "Us" to being a whole bunch of "Me's"...LOL.

Of course I haven't looked at any candidates, but it would be nice to see a guy win the trip that would otherwise not be able to afford to do so.

Rem

Offline kv5e

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Not sure why my post count is so low.......must have been restored from a backup.

I've been a member on here for many years but usually post in the the "other" forum.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 02:05:18 PM »
Not sure why my post count is so low.......must have been restored from a backup.

I've been a member on here for many years but usually post in the the "other" forum.

For some reason posts in this section "Open Forum" doesn't add to your post count.
So I'm in the same boat as you are.
And I'm OK with that.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline kv5e

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 02:15:05 PM »
memberize.com is also down and I think that is the cloud service/SW COG uses for their point of presence.

I hope that things get back to normal soon....craig

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 03:00:20 PM »
Oh...ok, gotcha. I almost never wander outside of the C14 tech/accessory section over there, so I wouldn't see that.
However, it sounds about right.
The world has gone from being "Us" to being a whole bunch of "Me's"...LOL.

Of course I haven't looked at any candidates, but it would be nice to see a guy win the trip that would otherwise not be able to afford to do so.

Rem

as one of the nominees, I'll explain something..
I've supported OTP since I began my membership back 14 years ago.

I finally got nominated this year, by some kind folks, but I realize their are unkowns involved with doing that trip, one of which is you need to have some "emergency money / contingency plan" for the 3 week adventure. A normal suggested amount was about $2000, and I agree with that, and would have insured i could cover that without issue..
Some people would simply say, let the chips fall where they may, Myself i could not take advantage, or expect to have someone cover those incidentals; As I have no job currently, I had to remove myself from the election process.

with that said, OTP started out as a SINGLE traveller, and the money collected was earmarked for that person, in the last couple years, because enough money seemed to be collected, there were provisions for a second traveller made possible. I feel this slightly undermined the original intent, and possibly the single travellers experience.. but that's just my opinion.

not sure why you find it ok to insult those involved with this program here on this site, it surely wouldn't float on the COG site, which is why you noted carefully that you were "joking".
I don't think people here are aware that you are an AAD with COG, I think you could have been a bit more, how shall I put it, "reserved" in your posting.  JMHO. ::)

OTP is an honor, the humor and silly postings were asked for by the OTP crew, and they asked us all to campaign with a vehemency...  It's clear you are/were not privy to that stuff.

Anyone Honored with the OTP experience would likely be a bit displeased by the condescending comments.

ride safe.

I'll return you to the "discussion on what is going on at the OTHER website discussion" now..
 :deadhorse: :hitfan: :deadhorse:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 08:01:21 PM »
Hey MOB,
On a totally different note...

I've been meaning to comment to you for a while now about your avatar pic!

As an electrical contractor, it's kids like the very one in your picture that cause me lots of "extra" grief now when I wire a new house! Lol!

Pretty funny... but that's the very reason AFCI was invented and forced on all us electricians to have to deal with!

Started in the bedrooms only, but now has spread to the entire house.

Just thought I'd toss that out there...  ;D
Bob
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr