Author Topic: Said Goodbye to the Concours this morning  (Read 28390 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Said Goodbye to the Concours this morning
« on: June 26, 2015, 08:19:58 PM »
and rode home on a brand new 2014 Triumph Trophy.  The concours is an amazing SPORT Tourer.  Got me in trouble with the law a few times.  It took a lot of will power to keep it at ticket free speeds.

The Trophy is an amazing Luxury Sport Tourer.  This thing has so many bells and whistles.  It even interrupted my music to inform me of a severe thunderstorm entering the county. 

I converted the Concours back to stock last night.  Pulled everything that wasn't glued down.  It is actually a beautiful bike from the factory.  Especially the 2012 since it is almost all blacked out.  I have ridden though almost 30 states on the Concours and 30,000 miles of memories. 

Now when the free trunk and heated grips come in, I will have to see if my wife can be happy riding on the back of the Trophy.  If so, then the Voyager will be on the chopping block as well.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Landon

Re: Said Goodbye to the Concours this morning
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 08:29:58 PM »

I converted the Concours back to stock last night.  Pulled everything that wasn't glued down. 

So what do you have for sale that you pulled off?

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 09:52:59 PM »
Congratulations on the new bike, that's not a bad looking bike. Is that seat height adjustable.
When I test rode the Concours the salesman that came with me was riding a Trophy, I had to ride pretty hard to keep up to him. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Trumpit.
Cheers
Doug

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 06:41:05 AM »
So what do you have for sale that you pulled off?

I have seats, windshields, canyon cage, saddlebag guards, saddlebag luggage, Phil's GIVI mounting rack, Official Service Manual.  I will get them ready for sale and work out asking prices and put them up in the for sale section. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 06:43:32 AM »
Congratulations on the new bike, that's not a bad looking bike. Is that seat height adjustable.
When I test rode the Concours the salesman that came with me was riding a Trophy, I had to ride pretty hard to keep up to him. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Trumpit.
Cheers
Doug

Thanks.  Yes the seat is adjustable.  It is in high position in the photo.  I think I will use both positions to change knee position on longer rides. 
My Concours Travels:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 07:07:34 AM »
twa, stay in touch with ride reports please.

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
  Good looking bike..... how much lighter does it feel when rolling...or did you change just for the "bells & whistles"?

I think if I owned one, just to mess w/ the masses, I'd replace the factory badging w/ the BMW roundels ;D
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline PH14

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »
Congrats on the new bike. I think they have made a very nice bike. I would be interested in what you think of the riding position vs the Concours. To me it looks to be a comfortable riding position.

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 06:04:17 PM »
I like your choice of bike!!  The Trophy seems to be a very nice bike.  I remember looking at them and thought if I had a few extra dollars that the trade up might be worth it.

Fred

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 01:52:33 PM »
Very nice bike, be interested in reading good comparo.  Th only one I have seen made me do a double take, I could have sworn it was an BMW R1200RT. 

There was a very nice one on Ebay a few days ago, If I had the funding I may have really considered it.  My C14 will probably be for sale in the Spring for something new.

Color reminds me of the 08 C14

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »

Color reminds me of the 08 C14

I have the poster of the '08 behind the former Connie's parking spot.  It does look close and until I find a trophy poster it will remain.
My Concours Travels:

Offline PH14

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 08:43:48 PM »
I have the poster of the '08 behind the former Connie's parking spot.  It does look close and until I find a trophy poster it will remain.

Well...how do you like it? How is the comfort vs the Connie in its stock form?

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 05:17:51 AM »
Well...how do you like it? How is the comfort vs the Connie in its stock form?

Have about 200 miles on so far.  It is the best handling, most comfortable bike that I have owned, and I have owned a lot of bikes.  Except for maybe springing for heated seats, I don't feel the need to change anything.

I had to adapt my body to the stock riding position of the Concours.  Which I did and enjoyed 30,000 miles of touring on.

At faster speeds in heavy winds I do notice the large surface area of the fairings will be affected more than the concours,  which sliced through the air.  Of course, on the Concours,  I was pushed around by the wind instead of the bike, while the trophy protects me from the wind a lot better.

For those of you that mod the concours to be more like a ZX14, you will probably not like the trophy as much.  For those that add risers, seats, lowering blocks, huge windshields,  you will love the trophy. 

Just like the Concours and my Voyager,  the trophy SE will be a hot ride when the Temps are in the 90s, but that is why I have the Versys and the naked bikes for when it is too hot to be protected from the wind.
My Concours Travels:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 06:10:37 AM »
wow that bike is BEAUTIFUL!

Hope you continue to post up here, and include lots of pics of that bike  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline PH14

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 09:28:43 AM »
Have about 200 miles on so far.  It is the best handling, most comfortable bike that I have owned, and I have owned a lot of bikes.  Except for maybe springing for heated seats, I don't feel the need to change anything.

I had to adapt my body to the stock riding position of the Concours.  Which I did and enjoyed 30,000 miles of touring on.

At faster speeds in heavy winds I do notice the large surface area of the fairings will be affected more than the concours,  which sliced through the air.  Of course, on the Concours,  I was pushed around by the wind instead of the bike, while the trophy protects me from the wind a lot better.

For those of you that mod the concours to be more like a ZX14, you will probably not like the trophy as much.  For those that add risers, seats, lowering blocks, huge windshields,  you will love the trophy. 

Just like the Concours and my Voyager,  the trophy SE will be a hot ride when the Temps are in the 90s, but that is why I have the Versys and the naked bikes for when it is too hot to be protected from the wind.

Thanks for the details. Enjoy the new bike!

Offline dolomoto

• '08 C14 "Hot, Nasty, Bad-Ass Speed"
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
If the Trophy had been shaft drive in 08, I would have bought one instead of the C14. The new Trophy is a beautiful bike and looks to be a good compromise betwixt the C14 and the BMW-techno-junk.

My C14 only has 89,000 miles...may be awhile before I am shopping for a new bike...if I do, the Trophy will be the first test ride (Yam Tenere will be the second).

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 06:37:35 AM »
If the Trophy had been shaft drive in 08, I would have bought one instead of the C14. The new Trophy is a beautiful bike and looks to be a good compromise betwixt the C14 and the BMW-techno-junk.

My C14 only has 89,000 miles...may be awhile before I am shopping for a new bike...if I do, the Trophy will be the first test ride (Yam Tenere will be the second).

The tenere is on my list of potential bikes.  I kind of decided that the KLX250S is better suited for off-road than the huge adventure touring bikes.  With the trophy, I won't even consider it.
My Concours Travels:

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »
Thought you all might enjoy a photo of the Concours while I was returning it to bone stock.
My Concours Travels:

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 10:38:18 AM »
Thought you all might enjoy a photo of the Concours while I was returning it to bone stock.
It's too sad to enjoy.  :(

Poor little feller. :-\
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 11:21:14 AM »
Whenever I see a black Concours on the road, I will always wonder if was once mine.  I should have made a hidden mark somewhere on the bike that I could easily pick out while it is parked. 
My Concours Travels: