Author Topic: Oil pan questions for 95 GPZ - same as C10  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Stasch

Oil pan questions for 95 GPZ - same as C10
« on: January 13, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »
This winter I am resolving a lot of small oil leaks on the 95 ZX1100E (GPZ) - the parts for which are identical to the C10 from what I can see.

Had seaping from the tranny plate, drain pan, balancer shaft seal, shift shaft seal, etc.

Oil pan is off.  Anybody know the size of the O-rings for the small oil pipe?  There are 3 of them and they want $3.13 each.  They're the ones marked '670A' on the: Oil Pipe Fiche

I'm looking at the large inner O-ring that goes between the crankcase and the oil pan and it looks identical to the O-rings that come with the oil filters.  Its a $6.71 part, more than an oil filter that includes one. 

The smaller O-rings in the oil filter kits also seem to match the main gallery oil pipe O-rings.  They're '670B' at 88 cents each.

Somce I have leftover oil filter kits hanging around I'ld rather use them then buy unnecessary OEM gold lined O-rings.

Any reason why these oil filter O-rings shouldn't be used?  See pics - old is on the left, new is on the right.

This is the first time I've had this off.  Found some junk in the oil sump and in the screen's.  Good reminder to everyone to be careful when using silicone gasket sealer as is sometimes called for in the manuals.

Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: Oil pan questions for 95 GPZ - same as C10
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »
some of the little bits are probably black RTV from when the cases were bonded. As far as the orings, measure them by thicness and ID and contact an oring supplier, you can probably save alot on money - Steve