Author Topic: OEM FUEL FILTER  (Read 1156 times)

Offline JDM

OEM FUEL FILTER
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »
There has been some discussion on how well the existing tank fuel filter works. This photo is taken of an inline water separator, fuel filter, settling bowl combination that was added a few weeks ago. While at it I drained and cleaned my fuel tank and this is about the third time I have dumped out the contents of the settling bowl and you can see from the photo how much trash I am getting. This is typical of what I am finding, and remember, this is after it has been filtered through a fully functional tank filter with new fuel line. What you see in the bottom of the settling bowl is around 2-weeks-worth since it was last dumped. Murph you need to add a settling bowl to the new fuel shutoff kit to make it a complete kit. I need to get the new Murphy shutoff fuel valve kit and I will as soon as I have the money. HTH JD 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:06:35 PM by JDM »
If you have seen heaven, I am sure something scared the hell out of you.

Offline Mettler1

Re: OEM FUEL FILTER
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 07:57:03 PM »
  The only thing I can think of is the tank filter is defective. I don't think any trash that size should get by the tank filter.
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc