Author Topic: Looking for a job  (Read 14613 times)

Offline connie1

• Arena
Re: Looking for a job
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 08:35:55 AM »
Glad you found gainfull employment!
There are a lot of travel trailers out there so if you're not looking to live in the 'Taj Mahal'  you can probably get one for pretty cheap.  They
depreciate very very quickly so don't look at it as an investment.  Since it's North Dakota the winters are Canadian-like.  Real friggin cold.  Smaller trailer means less heat required.  Spend a bunch of money on spray urethane insulation.  You'll have all summer to figure that out though.
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
Congrats on the job offer JM. That's tough about having to live for a while without your family and selling the bike.    :o

As Connie1 said, a trailer in the ND winter is gonna be seriously tough!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 09:24:52 AM »
Sell the bike?  Take a second job as a male prostitute ;)   

;D
That's what I do... $5 hugs add up quicker than you'd think...  ;) :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »

;D
That's what I do... $5 hugs add up quicker than you'd think...  ;) :chugbeer:

Yeah but, you're the one paying the 5 bux J!    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »
I still have a couple other options and the idea of having a roommate is far from ideal but maybe I will get lucky and find a normal person who just wants to rent a room on the cheap.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 08:43:58 PM »
Taking off for North Dakota next Friday.  I have a couple solid leads for housing,  hopefully one of them works out.  Taking my C14 but unfortunately it will probably sit the majority of the time.  Hopefully I will run into some twisties up in the great white north.  Later guys.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 09:02:44 PM »
Best of luck. Keep in touch. :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 04:12:46 AM »
+1 on that!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2013, 10:54:10 PM »
Been a while since I visited here but I thought I would post and update.  I've been working in North Dakota, Montana, and heading to Utah next week for another project.  I am sandblasting and painting big oil tanks and vessels for refineries and oil rigs. Hard work, but they have treated me like family up here.  BNSF didn't end up working out but I am happy to say that I just got hired with a company called BOS Solutions and will be starting with them in August running centrifuge equipment that separates the mud and other contaminants from the cooling gel that is used on the oil rigs.  Pay is great and I will be able to have 10 straight days off each month, which is much better than the two days that I have seen my family over the past couple months.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2013, 11:07:39 PM »
Great hearing from ya Jeremy, glad things are looking up!!!  Getting any riding time in?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »
Been a while since I visited here but I thought I would post and update.  I've been working in North Dakota, Montana, and heading to Utah next week for another project.  I am sandblasting and painting big oil tanks and vessels for refineries and oil rigs. Hard work, but they have treated me like family up here.  BNSF didn't end up working out but I am happy to say that I just got hired with a company called BOS Solutions and will be starting with them in August running centrifuge equipment that separates the mud and other contaminants from the cooling gel that is used on the oil rigs.  Pay is great and I will be able to have 10 straight days off each month, which is much better than the two days that I have seen my family over the past couple months.

That's exactly what my son in law does for a company called Clean Harbors. Used to be Peak Energy. Works mostly in Colorado now but has spent a lot of time in Wyoming and North Dakota.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2013, 06:07:56 AM »
Great news. Keep up the good attitude.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2013, 07:05:16 AM »
Stay Safe up in them hills bro!!!!
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 07:32:30 AM »
Totally glad things worked out for you, Jeremy!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 08:51:43 AM »
Grats Jeremy!  :chugbeer:

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 04:05:27 PM »
Right on Jeremy!   :chugbeer:
'02 C-10

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
Very nice. I work on water towers once in a while. I haven't done fuel tanks. Do you work on a boom truck or scaffold?
Joel from Maine.

Offline booger

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »

Congrats.  The oilfield has provided me a comfortable living for the past 37 years.
Might want to call the fluid "mud".

Offline CMH GUY

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2013, 08:34:27 PM »
thanks for keeping us posted bro!!!  Glad things are working out for you JD!!!  Hope you get to see MORE of your family!!! 
Canal Winchester, Ohio

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »
Flying into Dallas this Sunday for work. Rather be riding my bike down there but I can't complain since everything is paid for. Been relaxing at home for the last couple days and really enjoyed being able to see my family. Put about 1500 miles on my bike after leaving it parked for damn near 3 months. Here is pic from my roadtrip last week.