Author Topic: Ive spent too much money this month!!  (Read 5800 times)

Offline 2012GTR1400

Ive spent too much money this month!!
« on: June 16, 2014, 10:12:07 AM »
Well just sharing my experience with some vendors, Ive done a bit of research on products here and in other forums before purchasing them. I bought my 2012 Concours 14 ABS about 2 months ago, and this last month I have Bought a
V-shield windshield through Amazon from Pinwall cycle parts--  Love it, greatly reduced wind noise, its almost perfect, except for that now i feel more pressure on the top of my helmet from the wind coming off of the top of the windshield, that windshield blocks a lot of wind!!

Givi E55 Monokey Topcase / Top Trunk Features/Options: E55 Models (select one): E55NT - matte black/blacked out trim
E55 Options: Back Pad (E111)
E55 Options: Candy Red Cover (C55R301)
Givi SR410 Topcase Fitment Kit Rack - Kawasaki Concours 14 (08-13) All from SportTour.com.  I recieved items very quickly, and installed nicely.  The Givi install kit was a little tough, involves installing bracket pieces inside of back fender under seat. was a bit of work, but a few beers, and a couple hours got the job done.

Admore lighting kit fir the Givi Maxia E55 from Admore.com.  Recieved it also right away, and it installed perfectly into the Givi top case, and with there concours wiring adapters, made it an easy plug and play insto the factory connectors of the bike, though at first were tough to find as they are buried underneath seat under part of the frame.

Kawasaki K53001-270 Saddlebag Liner through Amazon from Mile High Moto, Great bags, Havnt used them yet but will this upcoming weekend on a 800 mile trip through the northern wooods of Newengland.

Ram Ball GPS Accessory mounts and 2 inch Handlebar Risers from Advanced sport touring, Unfortunatly I cant give this a good review as I have not recieved them, but from what I hear the owner was in an accident, Its been a month with no responses to my emails, and I was charged right away, and a shipping label with tracking was made, but shows it hasnt lefts sellers facility yet. Hope hes ok and has a quick recovery..

So I recieved a A-Z gaurentee from Amazon becuase of the above issue and bought and recieved HeliBars Handlebar Riser Pilot Model HR04042
Sold by Powersport Superstore from Amazon.. I think this is a better product with its power outlet, and Ram Ball mount! And everyone should have these!!

Sena SMH10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset/Intercom with Universal Microphone Kit from Amazon.com LLC, love having the music and ability to talk on phone or intercom with other people.  I bought this for this upcoming trek this weekend while waiting on a pre-order from Revzilla for the Sena 20s bluetooth headset.

I also bought a •HJC IS-MAX BT Bluetooth Helmet from Revzilla, great helmet, though it seems cheap qaulity, but tried many others and couldnt frind something to fit my oversized head! All in all Im very happy with it and all its features, and the sena bluetooth kit fits well!!

And just recieved an hour ago in Mail, Model---KWH4KT---KAWASAKI CONCOURS HID+LED CONVERSION KIT with [OPTIONS:With T10-40W Cree LEDs (Pair)] from SoCalMotoGear.com, Ordered this last late friday afternoon, so i new id be lucky if I recieved it by end of following week, (This week) Knew I probably wouldnt get it installed before trip.. But early saturday morning reieved an urgent Email from Tiffany stating she could lower the shipping costs, and get it to me quicker. (Never once stating to SoCal that I was in a hurry to recieve item) I was amazed to recieve it today!! Might get it installed before trip now! Looks to be Good qaulity, and amazing customer service.. Looks like a perfect kit for anyone wanting to do a HID conversion.

Im very happy with all these items, fits the bike perfect, and have almost the perfect sports touring bike setup Ive been wanting!  Next Summer Ill purchase a Corbin seat, Area -p321 exhausts system, Guhl motorsports reflash, and give the bike a tune-up and BMC or K&N filter.

I ride this bike Just about everyday to and from work, and this is quite the performance machine. Never owned something that could make me uncomfortable with speed yet puts a  smile on your face everytime you roll back on the throttle. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Ive spent too much money this month!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »
Sounds like you are ready for some serious touring as well as commuting. Welcome to the forum.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »
I bought my 2012 about 3 weeks ago. I too just put the VStream on my bike...man what a difference. Love that windscreen!

Givi E55 Monokey Topcase / Top Trunk Features/Options: E55 Models (select one): E55NT - matte black/blacked out trim
Givi SR410 Topcase Fitment Kit Rack - Kawasaki Concours 14 (08-13) All from SportTour.com.  I recieved items very quickly, and installed nicely.  The Givi install kit was a little tough, involves installing bracket pieces inside of back fender under seat. was a bit of work, but a few beers, and a couple hours got the job done.

Can you post a pic of the trunk on the bike? I just posted on the forum regarding trunks and am also in the market but want to make sure I get one that is roomy/comfy/looks good.

My bike is the Candy Arabian Red.
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline dave3223

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »
I bought a 2010 concours last month and so far have added

Two Brothers Black Series CF Pipe - biohazard cycles (best price I found, great communication and fast shipping)
Tech Spec Tank and Bag Covers - Tech Spec on Ebay (good best offer price, shipping took 3 weeks)
BMC Air Filter - Ebay
Zx-14 fender eliminator - ebay (fairly easy install, had to add a couple nuts and bolts, only $30 bucks)
Rick Mayer Leather seat from forum member - sits a bit higher, more comfy
Oil/final drive changed - damn that mobil 1 is expensive!
New Pilot Road 2 Front - jakewilson. good prices
Progrip  - Gel Grips from murph's page. Cut the ends off and slid over the stock grips. Cheap mod but what a difference thicker grips as made. Can still feel the heated grips, but obviously not as much.

The PO provided a stock windshield since the bike came with a cee bailey's. I used the nightshades spray tint on the stocker, and very much prefer the look of a dark shield over a clear. FYI Rit Dye had no effect on trying to dye the windshield, but the rattle can tint worked ok.

The bike already has audiovox cruise, garmin gps, starcom hookup, upgraded rear rack, lowered pegs. I'm very satisfied how its looking and riding. I'm not sure what is next mod-wise, but I'm sure there will be something  8)

omcrider

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 03:03:13 PM »
Hey Dave any pics of that spray tinted windshield?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »
I'm not sure what is next mod-wise, but I'm sure there will be something  8)

Oh yes, there is ALWAYS something...  But isn't that part of the "fun"?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MikeH

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 05:58:56 PM »
Oh yes, there is ALWAYS something...  But isn't that part of the "fun"?

It really never does end...

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
Hey, welcome to the forum!
Yep...it's addictive alright!

About the time I think I'm all farkled out...somebody goes and posts a pic of something else cool...and of course...I want it. ::)

Totally understand the subject title of this thread...that's for sure!
It is expensive.

Happy trails, and ride safe!
Bob
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 07:03:56 AM »
I bought my 2012 about 3 weeks ago. I too just put the VStream on my bike...man what a difference. Love that windscreen!

Can you post a pic of the trunk on the bike? I just posted on the forum regarding trunks and am also in the market but want to make sure I get one that is roomy/comfy/looks good.

My bike is the Candy Arabian Red.

I just posted some pictures of mine and a video on the other thread.  Check it out.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »
I just posted some pictures of mine and a video on the other thread.  Check it out.

What other thread? I want to see it!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »

Thanks for the link. Do you have the SR410 rack on your bike from GIVI?
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »
Not based on the photos he has in the above link.