Author Topic: Ignition will not open?  (Read 16510 times)

Offline JhVenezuela

Re: Ignition will not open?
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 11:40:14 AM »
Thanks
I'll check as son as i finish my work.

By the way i tried to start the bike with my 2 FOB and does not work.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 11:57:43 AM »
That is unfortunate- this one may not be as easy as a fob battery change.

Do you have a voltmeter?

Brian

Thanks
I'll check as son as i finish my work.

By the way i tried to start the bike with my 2 FOB and does not work.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 12:12:06 PM »
Yes I have.
I'll do the other test when i be at home.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 12:16:58 PM »
Yeah, open the more forward fuse box, connect the negative lead of the voltmeter, and probe around (easy boys!) on all contacts inside the fuse box: you should see a nominal 12 volts on one side of one or more fuses. If not, there is no power getting to the bike and it may be the main fuse, a loose connection on the battery, frame or starter solenoid. But first, let's see if you have voltage at a fuse box at all.

Brian

Yes I have.
I'll do the other test when i be at home.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 06:54:45 PM »
All that i did was disconnect and reconnect the batery.
Then i listened the lovely "click" of the KiPass.

Thanks. !!!!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »
All hail KIPASS!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 04:42:18 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 04:58:07 AM »
This morning when i was commute the display show "Steering lock error"
But not problema at all.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 05:01:13 AM »
Did you get water in your switch?

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 07:46:04 AM »
Did you get water in your switch?

A Little maybe.
Last sunday I wash the bike.
But after that, the bike start up without problem.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2014, 08:05:54 AM »
A Little maybe.
Last sunday I wash the bike.
But after that, the bike start up without problem.
There's your problem.  ;)

The 'Steering Lock Error' is one I haven't heard about before. Did you have the steering locked? When did it show up?

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 08:26:43 AM »
There's your problem.  ;)

The 'Steering Lock Error' is one I haven't heard about before. Did you have the steering locked? When did it show up?

I was driving when the message Appeared flashing on the board.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 08:33:52 AM »
Just a suggestion but I think I would continue around and tighten all the cables on the battery, the ground on the frame and the positive cable to the solenoid. It strikes me as odd that you had a bad battery cable and now get an error that I don't think anyone has ever seen before.

As far as washing, I have not found or heard that these bikes are very sensitive to water. You certainly may have a problem around the ignition switch but again, I would go back to the battery cables; we have seen quite a lot of problems originate there, including a lot of KiPass problems.  ::)

Brian

I was driving when the message Appeared flashing on the board.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »
Never ever wash the bike, bad things will happen.   :_shudder_Emoticon
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 04:58:23 AM »
Never ever wash the bike, bad things will happen.   :_shudder_Emoticon

There you go, Jim. Just keep letting all the crud build up on your bike and you won't need those pesky Canyon Cages after all.    :thumbs:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2014, 04:59:45 AM »

I had no idea that the onboard computer even monitored the steering lock?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 05:35:53 AM »
There you go, Jim. Just keep letting all the crud build up on your bike and you won't need those pesky Canyon Cages after all.    :thumbs:

I've had two 'bad' things happen after washing the bike.  It failed to start, battery connection issue actually, but was starting fine before the wash.  Not so much after it.  Coincidence, I think not.  The second was a KIPASS issue with the ignition switch which I resolved by cursing it soundly and thrashing it with my silver hammer.  And no, I didn't spray the ignition assembly with a power washer.  Others may have had good luck with washing the bike or inserting it in a very large glass with a dubious wine pedigree, but not me.  I therefore go with what works and washing the bike is not on the list.  ;)

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 01:48:40 AM »
I had no idea that the onboard computer even monitored the steering lock?

Yup, it sure does. FI ECU, FOBs, Steering Lock, etc all communicate with, and must be registered with the KiPass ECU.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 06:01:42 AM »
I've had two 'bad' things happen after washing the bike.  It failed to start, battery connection issue actually, but was starting fine before the wash.  Not so much after it.  Coincidence, I think not.  The second was a KIPASS issue with the ignition switch which I resolved by cursing it soundly and thrashing it with my silver hammer.  And no, I didn't spray the ignition assembly with a power washer.  Others may have had good luck with washing the bike or inserting it in a very large glass with a dubious wine pedigree, but not me.  I therefore go with what works and washing the bike is not on the list.  ;)

Maybe you need a lucky rabbit's foot? Or maybe an elk hoof?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 06:41:10 AM »
Wasn't lucky for either the rabbit or the Elk, was it?  Therefore, I'm 'sticking' with what 'works' for me.   :)