Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456184 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1080 on: June 24, 2015, 10:14:54 AM »
been bothering me all morning. Black cadillac in the left lane of a deserted 4 lane through a rural countryside. RN plates with the stethoscope on it . Pulled up on the right side and travelled next to her watching her text for a looooooong time before actually looking over to see I was there.

She's texting and you're riding along side of her watching what she's doing?    :o

Is texting and driving legal in your state? Not that it really matters to folks who text and drive...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

voileauciel

« Reply #1081 on: June 24, 2015, 10:43:50 AM »
I've been trying to get into an Aerostich suit for the past 7 years. This year, I finally ordered one.

The first suit they sent me was so big, I could almost fit two of me inside it. Sent it back and 2 weeks later, get another one, which also doesn't fit properly, this time, in the legs.

So I send that one back and wait a month and a half to have "my" suit made. When I finally got it, the initial excitement was quickly replaced with horror after a few short rides.

The knees are dreadful. Absolutely, utterly, staggeringly dreadful. Too tight when standing, they also pinch my popliteals when sitting on the bike. I've tried adjusting the pads, swapping them out, and so on, to the point of near madness (though I'm sure some of you lot already think I'm nuts...) The crotch bunches up and presses against my gentleman's area and the zipper locker digs into my thigh.

The whole process has been carried out by e-mail and phone. I'm in this for over $1500 and I have a suit that hurts me. I've e-mailed them stating this is their last chance to get it right.

I'm beyond crazy and annoyed now. I lost 200lbs and saved up for over a year to get this, and the entire process has been a massive disappointment. I should have just bought the Joe Rocket Survivor suit and been done with it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1082 on: June 24, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »
Sounds like roadtrip time.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1083 on: June 24, 2015, 10:55:14 AM »
My neighbor is crazy, it makes me annoyed. Seriously, I can't  :censored: take this anymore, she's down there screaming like a  :censored: banshee in Italian, I don't know if she's happy or preparing to burn this  :censored: place to the ground.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1084 on: June 24, 2015, 11:11:02 AM »
Base housing?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1085 on: June 24, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »
Nothing on base here, its all on the economy but under government contract. They showed us 1 house and 2 apartments in downtown Livorno with about 1000 windows staring at you and traffic you wouldn't believe. When we looked at this place, the yard was clean and the neighbors were on vacation. Gave me 24 hours to make a decision, then cut my temporary lodging allowance. Basically, this was my only option.

Two years of this ****, last summer her cat got hit on the racetrack they call a road in front of the house, she screamed (no exaggeration), day and night for a week. At Christmas, she lost her ****. threw everything outside, to include the blue tree. I requested to move at my own expense but was denied.

Filed a complaint, cause of what you see below, health department came out and threatened to arrest them if they didn't clean up. They didn't and after more complaints, nothing happened. Oh, the a/c has been broke for 4 months, they won't fix it.

My yard on the left, theirs on the right

But hey, its Tuscany, beautiful countryside, great wine, yada yada. Believe me, I understand things could be worse but  :censored: man.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1086 on: June 24, 2015, 09:11:08 PM »
THEY got the scooter
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1087 on: June 25, 2015, 05:06:13 AM »
I've been trying to get into an Aerostich suit for the past 7 years. This year, I finally ordered one.

The first suit they sent me was so big, I could almost fit two of me inside it. Sent it back and 2 weeks later, get another one, which also doesn't fit properly, this time, in the legs.

So I send that one back and wait a month and a half to have "my" suit made. When I finally got it, the initial excitement was quickly replaced with horror after a few short rides.

The knees are dreadful. Absolutely, utterly, staggeringly dreadful. Too tight when standing, they also pinch my popliteals when sitting on the bike. I've tried adjusting the pads, swapping them out, and so on, to the point of near madness (though I'm sure some of you lot already think I'm nuts...) The crotch bunches up and presses against my gentleman's area and the zipper locker digs into my thigh.

The whole process has been carried out by e-mail and phone. I'm in this for over $1500 and I have a suit that hurts me. I've e-mailed them stating this is their last chance to get it right.

I'm beyond crazy and annoyed now. I lost 200lbs and saved up for over a year to get this, and the entire process has been a massive disappointment. I should have just bought the Joe Rocket Survivor suit and been done with it.

Wow, that sucks!

You lost 200 lbs? Well done.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1088 on: June 25, 2015, 06:20:24 AM »
motonerd14, I went with KLIM over stitch. Tried the stuff on before I bought.

After crashing in the rocks of Moab/Death Valley/AZ and all in the Everglades, plus putting about 30,000 street miles on the suit in the sun/rain, still like brand new.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1089 on: June 25, 2015, 07:42:03 AM »
motonerd14:  I've been wearing my Aerostitch two piece suit for 10 years now.  I've fixed a couple of zippers and had the jacket re-waterproofed but otherwise it's been fantastic.  The suit is supposed to fit loose, over your regular clothes.  I assume you used their fitting guide on the website?  If you do get it sorted out, you'll find they are well made, durable, comfortable and protective.  Yes, I also crashed in mine.  Slid, with the bike on top of me, for about 10 yards.  Every place the suit was, I was fine.  The suit was fine also.  If i hadn't dislocated my foot I would have got up and walked/rode away.  Actually I did stand up and tried to lift the bike up,  :censored: that hurt, so I decided that was a really bad idea, and sat down again.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1092 on: June 28, 2015, 06:22:31 AM »
Probably the same ones that attacked the NSA here recently..must be an organized group... :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1093 on: June 28, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »
Commercial flight.

Airline tickets should be priced by the pound. Why not? All other shippers charge by the pound, don't they? Excess baggage is priced that way, why not the seats?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1094 on: June 29, 2015, 08:03:55 AM »
THEY got the scooter

Everybody in Italy has a scooter. I think its required ;)

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1095 on: June 29, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »
Everybody in Italy has a scooter. I think its required ;)

Its summertime to boot so the required riding outfit is flip-flops and shorts, t-shirt optional.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1096 on: June 30, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »
Its summertime to boot so the required riding outfit is flip-flops and shorts, t-shirt optional.

To each their own.   "Feeling lucky Punk"  is the quote of the day for today.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1097 on: July 01, 2015, 04:48:21 AM »
Youtube vids that won't embed..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1098 on: July 01, 2015, 05:13:33 AM »
...must    be    smarter    than the video...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1099 on: July 01, 2015, 05:43:48 AM »
You just don't know how difficult that is becoming..

Why just yesterday, I upgraded the OS on a guest partition on an IBM system i.  The primary was at 6.1 and the guest was going to 7.2.  Cleared this through IBM support.  I needed to restore some fixes via tape to the guest so we moved (virtually) a tape adapter over to the guest, did the restore, and left it there.  After the upgrade, we moved the adapter back to the primary.  Then we couldn't get the tape drive to work.  Had to call IBM to replace the adapter.  I'm thinking that the guest updated the firmware on the adapter to 7.2 levels and then the 6.1 OS on the primary just couldn't deal with it and gave up.  It also could be that the fixes on the primary aren't current enough to support the new firmware upload.  So lesson learned, if you are moving adapters on partitions, move them back before you update the partition in question.

Of course, things like this make me crazy and annoyed.