Author Topic: V Stream  (Read 8203 times)

Offline okxd45

V Stream
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:16:50 AM »
So after the latest talk on windshields, I'm down to the V Stream or the Ultra Tour.  Can someone with a V stream post a few pics.  Maybe one all the way up and the other down......from the front?  The website only has the one pic and I can't tell the shape and size very well.  Thank you!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: V Stream
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »
I will try to get some pics next time I have my Vstream mounted.  But here are a couple that I have now.

If you notice the shield does not catch enough wind to keep me inside the legal speed limit.  ;D

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
Thanks these pics will work.  Kind of a weird shape, but if the buffeting is minimal and will keep the wind off in the winter, without looking like a barn door, then I'm in.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Arata

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »
It does look a bit strange to me, especially all the way up, but mine does a great job of reducing buffeting.

It's probably one of my favorite purchases.
2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Compared to the stock screen it works miracles, I wish I would have purchased one sooner.

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »
Thanks these pics will work.  Kind of a weird shape, but if the buffeting is minimal and will keep the wind off in the winter, without looking like a barn door, then I'm in.

For me (6'2" 34" inseam) the buffeting is pretty much gone.  Not to sound like a broken record on the forum, but what I love about my V-Stream is the clean air that hits me in the face.  I didn't want the wind out of my face, I just don't care for buffeting and that is exactly what this shield provides.  I can block the wind with it all the way up, but so far I haven't found a reason to do so.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline okxd45

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:36 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Really still having a hard time deciding.  Now I've added the Euro cee bailey to the mix. 
Jeff

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 09:33:08 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Really still having a hard time deciding.  Now I've added the Euro cee bailey to the mix.

I've got a V-stream and am really enjoying it... I would definitely recommend one...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Conhardcore

• 2011 Concours 14 Black
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 12:47:26 PM »

How tall are you?  I pondered the Euro/Ultra questions for quite some time with some consideration for the Cal Sci WS.  Ultimately I went with the Cee Baileys Euro.  I have had many Cee Baileys wind shields and you cannot go wrong with their quality.  For me at 6' and a 32" inseam it is nearly perfect.  I can get total wind protection with a very subtle duck and 80% straight up.  The Ultra would have given 100% at all times full up but I just felt it was too much shield for the bike.  At times this summer I feel the Euro is even too high at the full down position, but overall it's better than the stock 2011 shield.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 03:04:45 AM »
I don't consider myself to be a "fashion-conscious" kind of guy, but if I have several alternatives that fulfill the function side, I'd want it to look good, and the V-Stream doesn't, imo. When I was shopping around to replace the post stamp that the bike comes with (for a bike with these touring capabilities, anyway) I heard good things of the V-Stream, but I saw it mounted on a 1400GTR on my last trip to Tuscany and found it just plain ugly. Talking to the guy, he agreed, but told me that it works perfect. I found the Givi, up to about 100 mph, does the same job, so I went for it, and I'm happy with my purchase.
Good luck!
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 09:41:59 AM »
It is kinda ugly, I don't want it to affect the sexiness of the bike!  I ordered the the Euro from Murph, but I'm a little worried after Conhardcore's post.  I'm 6'2, so the coverage won't be there I guess.  I ordered the Euro, because I heard through the grapevine that the Ultra was a little much for the bike and could cause potential mechanical problems with the bracket or shield motor.  I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Jeff

Offline Conhardcore

• 2011 Concours 14 Black
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
It is kinda ugly, I don't want it to affect the sexiness of the bike!  I ordered the the Euro from Murph, but I'm a little worried after Conhardcore's post.  I'm 6'2, so the coverage won't be there I guess.  I ordered the Euro, because I heard through the grapevine that the Ultra was a little much for the bike and could cause potential mechanical problems with the bracket or shield motor.  I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

I really can't comment on the Ultras problems with the bracket.  I know a lot of folks ride with the Ultra and love it.  In fact I ran a poll a while back and asked for input on the Cal Sci, Cee Baileys Ultra and Euro and the Ultra won.  For me it just seemed a bit too tall for the bike.  Having said that, I have seen them on Connies and at the end of the day they really aren't that bad looking in comparison to the Euro.  They are at least 2"s taller and even their website says for anyone over 6' the Ultra is the way to go for total wind protection.  I know you will appreciate the Euro and even like it a lot compared to the stock one on the 2010/2011 bikes but if you are looking for the BEST wind protection you can have from these two models it's the Ultra I'm sure, particularly at 6'2".

Offline okxd45

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
Yep, you are probably right. If  it's bearable, I'll keep it, if not, back to murph's for a trade......I hope!
Jeff

Offline Rawman

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
1/2 to full up, the VStream does look a bit strange, but down to 1/2 up I think it looks good.  It is the way the windsheild mechanism not only raises, but puts the sheild more upright that makes the VStream look strange.  The VStream does work though, I own one too!
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L