Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191841 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2019, 06:05:31 AM »
Glad to hear it is working for you- that is exactly why I make them!

It sounds like you have the dreaded stuck KiPass activation switch. As you have an early C-14, Kawasaki should replace the original spring with the newer, heavier spring used on later models. Between that and cleaning the switch and removing the burrs, it should all work find for quite a while after being serviced. This <should> be a free service, even though the bike is out of warranty as it was a manufacturing defect in the first place. No guarantee though- they may refuse it.

You can work on it yourself of course though it is kind of pesky in that security screws have to be drilled out from underneath the ign. switch housing, after it is off the bike. There are videos and overviews of how to do this out there in 'Net land though so you should be able to get a good idea what you need to do before starting.

Best of luck with this, it usually turns out fine once repaired / improved.

Brian

Just gotta say, this bypass switch came in handy on my 4 day trip! I've had it installed a few years ago after a stuck switch after a single incident. Fast forward to now...then on my recent trip this past weekend it got stuck all the time after the 1st day. :(  Luckily I was able to reach down and pull the fuse EACH and EVERY TIME to get it started.

Buddies were looking at me the first time thinking I was hot starting it till I told them the issue. Wasted no time and able to start easily. Thanks again for the extreme life saver Brian!!

But now that I'm back, I need to diagnose why I can't push the switch to activate it. Any ideas on where to start? Think I'll remove the ignition assembly from what I recall on Fred's photos earlier and go from there...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
« Reply #281 on: October 12, 2019, 09:22:09 AM »
Here are my tinkering videos of the KIPASS from my 08.

Part 1 of 4:  https://youtu.be/li7NyGqeyic
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline Blue666s

« Reply #282 on: April 20, 2020, 12:26:08 PM »
Brian, new member and new owner of a 2008 Concourse, I tried to order the Kipass bypass switch from your website but it says they are out of stock. (Tried to PM you as well but it says I'm blocked from sending you one.)  I'd love one of these bypass switches, can you let me know when you might have any more available?  Thanks!

Stan
Blue666s

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2020, 01:31:38 PM »
I'll keep an eye on this.  I think Brian still monitors this thread but if he hasn't responded in a day or so I'll give him a shout.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Blue666s

« Reply #284 on: April 20, 2020, 02:22:13 PM »
I'll keep an eye on this.  I think Brian still monitors this thread but if he hasn't responded in a day or so I'll give him a shout.

Thanks so much!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2020, 07:15:25 PM »
Unfortunately, I am out of stock and the Covid virus is not helping me acquire components to build more (they are sourced from the OEM, overseas). No idea when I may have some more in stock.

BTW, you are not blocked, all private messages are blocked because I was getting orders through two forums, as well as the web page, and I could not keep track of them. You can always e-mail me through this forum though; just hit the 'envelope' icon next to the PM icon and I will get the message.

Congrats on the bike, most of us like them quite well.

Brian

Brian, new member and new owner of a 2008 Concourse, I tried to order the Kipass bypass switch from your website but it says they are out of stock. (Tried to PM you as well but it says I'm blocked from sending you one.)  I'd love one of these bypass switches, can you let me know when you might have any more available?  Thanks!

Stan
Blue666s
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2020, 02:58:05 PM »
Unfortunately, I am out of stock and the Covid virus is not helping me acquire components to build more (they are sourced from the OEM, overseas). No idea when I may have some more in stock.

BTW, you are not blocked, all private messages are blocked because I was getting orders through two forums, as well as the web page, and I could not keep track of them. You can always e-mail me through this forum though; just hit the 'envelope' icon next to the PM icon and I will get the message.

Congrats on the bike, most of us like them quite well.

Brian

I know you have my e-mail, shoot me a "shopping list" of what you need.. and I'll see what my "local" resources can pop up with... as I'm retired, and have nothing better to do.. ;) ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2020, 08:28:40 PM »
Thanks for the offer Rich but I am sourcing them from.... well, the source :-) OEM. There are some other, aftermarket connectors that will work but they are greatly inferior to the OEM version. There are no OEM connector sources in the US for this particular connector.

So the problem is not that the connectors are not available, it is that I am having difficulty having them flown half- way around the world. I am told I am 'low priority'- can you even believe that? I buy them by the dozens of dozens and who can be possibly be competing with me..... Toyota? Nissan? Honda?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Methinks me is at the back of a long and important supply line.

Brian

I know you have my e-mail, shoot me a "shopping list" of what you need.. and I'll see what my "local" resources can pop up with... as I'm retired, and have nothing better to do.. ;) ;)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2020, 06:15:52 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2022, 02:59:58 PM »
Any updates on the KiPass mod harness?
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2022, 04:10:38 PM »
I just sold my last one.... and I mean this last week! Will be making more shortly, hopefully this weekend. Will post here when I have them in stock again.

Anyone can contact me about this anytime via e-mail, which is in the header of my posts on this forum in the form of the envelope icon.

Any updates on the KiPass mod harness?

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2022, 12:35:23 AM »
Have you made more harnesses? I’d like to buy one for my 09.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2022, 11:21:49 AM »
I believe he did make some more. You can shoot him an email. It's on his website.

http://www.incontrolne.com/incontrol_9_mar_2014_005.htm
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2022, 07:15:14 PM »
Thanks
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2022, 06:05:00 AM »
I may have one left but I doubt it. We just moved to a different state and of course everything is in chaos.

I do think I will put together another batch but it will be a little while, again to the house(s) situation, still dealing with property in two states.

Also unfortunately, I do not have Outlook set up on this machine so have very limited access to my website or emails to any of the 'incontrolne' addresses. I did see a couple of messages some days ago though and will respond to them when I again have access to the machine set up to get them.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Have you made more harnesses? I’d like to buy one for my 09.

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2022, 08:52:27 PM »
Thanks for the update. If/when you have them please let me know. deepseamdv@gmail.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #296 on: October 13, 2023, 09:13:12 AM »
To all, as far as I know, this harness is not available anymore and I'm locking this thread.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.