Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853561 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #720 on: February 15, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »
swapped bulbs to two fresh sylvania ultra bright whites (one of the phillips white brights burned out) changed my oil/filter in anticipation of the blackstone oil analysis, which I'm sure will pass with flying colors because for >93,000 miles now I've used the  SHELL ROTELLA T6 SYNTH

wooT  wooT 

Then I went and rode it 30 miles tonight
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #721 on: February 15, 2015, 08:10:03 PM »
^^^ Nice!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #722 on: February 15, 2015, 08:17:52 PM »
you will LOVE the stopping pow-ah of the EBC;D
The stock set up is amazing to me.  What improvements/difference do the EBC's make?  I have stock rotors and OEM Gen 1 pads.

Ride an RT with wizzy/servo assisted, linked brakes, too.  One finger will put you over the windshield, if not very careful.  It's nothing like that is it?
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #723 on: February 15, 2015, 08:20:55 PM »
The stock set up is amazing to me.  What improvements/difference do the EBC's make?  I have stock rotors and OEM Gen 1 pads.

Ride an RT with wizzy/servo assisted, linked brakes, too.  One finger will put you over the windshield, if not very careful.  It's nothing like that is it?

I found the EBC's mated with EBC pads even more grabbier, but when they really shine is hot braking them. they won't feel spongy near as fast in extreme conditions like riding in the mountains like you're on the race track braking hard constantly.

But I didn't replace mine till I wore my stock rotors to nothingness  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline tomp

« Reply #724 on: February 15, 2015, 08:35:21 PM »
I found the EBC's mated with EBC pads even more grabbier, but when they really shine is hot braking them. they won't feel spongy near as fast in extreme conditions like riding in the mountains like you're on the race track braking hard constantly.

But I didn't replace mine till I wore my stock rotors to nothingness  ;D
Thanks, that's what I've heard before, but under normal riding are they as progressive as OEM, since you say they are grabbier? I'm planning to keep this bike for as long as I am able to ride, so my new pads will only last so long... tp

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #725 on: February 16, 2015, 08:35:23 AM »
I think it was Valentines Day, And my wife refers to the Connie as My Black Mistress...hence the presents. For what its worth I did take my wife out for a dinner and a movie. :popcorn:
Yes I am looking forward to the improved handling ( wet especially) and losing the warped front rotors. Almost filled my drawers last time I had to hit the whoa leavers to bring the Connie to a higher speed slow down.
 I have been installing my own tires for the past few years and like using balancing beads, but I have seen mention on here about the beads damaging the TPMS. is there any truth to these rumors?

sailor_chic

« Reply #726 on: February 16, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »
Yesterday was the install of Admore lighting on my Givi V47 trunk. Today will be an oil change.

Offline XPLRN

« Reply #727 on: February 16, 2015, 11:12:37 PM »
Necessary?  Absolutely not. Since I'm held captive in my shop while I'm making parts,  I try to do something for myself during the time between machining cycles. It also gives me time and opportunity to figure out what parts I want to build for her and what modifications I'd like to make.
I've enjoyed entering this captive environment for years now and have seen some cool and amazing creations spawn from the Deziner's mind. A few years ago there was a fabrication(serious front bumper/light mounts) and electrical/high lumens project that was quite the vehicle makeover(national exposure). The following picture and video clip were from a late night thrash to prove out the bitchin' lighting installation;

Here is a video clip if you want to see the lights in the above picture in action. Just click on the little thumbnail picture below and you'll see some Deziner magic!! When Deziner gives a compliment on one's electrical wiring work know that he's a perfectionist(even at 1AM in the morning soldering and heat shrinking) and that compliment is deserved ;

sailor_chic

« Reply #728 on: February 17, 2015, 06:03:04 AM »
In the not too distant future. I've been sourcing the necessary whatnots to do what it is that I want to do cost effectively.  As a matterof fact, I received the first of those whatnots Saturday.

I was a mechanic for over 20 years and have seen the best and the worst of accessories/modifications over the years. When I build something, I want people to think "It should have come from the factory that way." or "Where can I get one of those?" I can tell that THIS is going to be a tough crowd to impress. I have my work cut out for me...  :)

As we eagerly await...

Offline tomp

« Reply #729 on: February 17, 2015, 07:54:57 AM »
Cool truck, period.  Have a day off, and it's actually cold and wet here today.  Guess it's TV time, and get ready for work tomorrow.   Great day to all. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #730 on: February 17, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »
Cool truck, period.  Have a day off, and it's actually cold and wet here today.  Guess it's TV time, and get ready for work tomorrow.   Great day to all.

Just cold here in Austin. Rode to work today it was 34 but at least it was dry.

Offline Diamondhead

« Reply #731 on: February 19, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »
Installed the grab -on grip covers....painted the stock exhaust end caps to match the can...like much better...seems to minimize the bulk slightly
Sport-Touracologist

2010 Candy Neptune Blue
05 C10 gone but not forgotten

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #732 on: February 19, 2015, 03:14:46 PM »
 :) Keep telling yourself that.

Offline Diamondhead

« Reply #733 on: February 19, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »
I live in my own little world.....it's okay everybody here likes me ;-
Sport-Touracologist

2010 Candy Neptune Blue
05 C10 gone but not forgotten

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #734 on: February 19, 2015, 03:32:41 PM »
:) Keep telling yourself that.

:rotflmao:

"Do these pants make my a$$ look fat?"
"Nope. Your a$$ makes your a$$ look fat."

And the fight was on.....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #735 on: February 19, 2015, 03:42:24 PM »
I live in my own little world.....it's okay everybody here likes me ;-
:chugbeer:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #736 on: February 22, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »
Repaired and re-painted the L mirror. (PO went down and tore it up.) What a chore! Did save some $ since I had everything I needed here at my shop already.  ;D

Installed my Ronnies Highway pegs.

Offline tomp

« Reply #737 on: February 22, 2015, 01:04:04 PM »
Went out for a ride before the cold n wet hit again.  Made it two miles and a young lady, who must have thought the entire road was hers alone, decided to make a U turn from the right hand lane at a RR crossing.  I was in the left lane trying to figure her out.   I screamed at her, but with my helmet on, the only ones who heard me were God and myself.  He must have decided I wouldn't have a wreck today, and was able to avoid her LF fender by low single digit inches.  These bikes are more nimble than I thought, especially when they HAVE to be...tp

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #738 on: February 22, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »
Glad you made it out the other side. Always iffy especially in the wet.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #739 on: February 22, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »
I'm glad you're safe, Tom.