Author Topic: So, where did ZG go?  (Read 69809 times)

Offline Cold Streak

Re: So, where did ZG go?
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 10:18:17 AM »

I don't think he is smiling because of the car he is in.

He'll stop smiling when he realizes how small the back seat is in that car.  Steering wheel location is a minor factor in the car purchase list.   :P

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »
And therein lies the really, really great news: "they" are 'over there' rather than over here, with very few exceptions. And there are not enough of the exceptions to form the pack mentality here so it works out.

Ya know, sometimes you have to look up....way up, right to the top, to see the problems. It's rarely the people themselves. Heck, even General Motors might have been a different company had they fired Rick Wagoner a half a decade earlier than when they finally forced him out...lol. A colleague of mine from eastern Europe told me one time, "sometimes...you have to cut a vital limb from your body, let it bleed out, then heal up, and carry on with life and become stronger".

Rem

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 11:51:03 AM »
Oh, I did that too- I shook the tree until the everything was rattling from the trunk to the tips of the finest branches. The actual problem is that everything is run by committee, regardless of the Executive Director slot, and of course the committees talk about it, agree to meet again later so they can talk about it some more. In the meantime, petty tyrants are in charge of various facets of the larger group and they go along their merry way being, well, petty tyrants with their little cliques. Just like the second grade school yard, unfortunately. And the very worst of the tyrants seem to be leading the forum, where virtually every single new potential member gets to see their garbage.... and they wonder why they cannot increase their membership. If the inmates are not running the asylum, then they are causing enough havoc to cause lots of members to drop out, and preventing potential new members from joining (actually paying dues) and I cannot blame them; why in the world would anyone financially support a train wreck to keep it going?

Of course someone <could> pick up a paddle and start to steer the canoe but so far, that has not happened.

All of that said, the great majority of the people in that organization are great. And my local area is fantastic. Just like the Soviet Union, there is nothing wrong with the vast population, merely a very few [miss] 'leaders' all up and down the party line.

Brian

Ya know, sometimes you have to look up....way up, right to the top, to see the problems. It's rarely the people themselves. Heck, even General Motors might have been a different company had they fired Rick Wagoner a half a decade earlier than when they finally forced him out...lol. A colleague of mine from eastern Europe told me one time, "sometimes...you have to cut a vital limb from your body, let it bleed out, then heal up, and carry on with life and become stronger".

Rem
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »

Rem
We good really go places with that but I'll leave it alone and keep it of the Arena.  8)

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »
I don't like ZG not being here cause he can take my directed jokes so well.
I try with others, and get crickets. :)
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 02:49:37 PM »
For those that do not know, ZG and Gumby both left for the same silly (IMO) reason. Neither one of them like Max, in fact they both had Max on their ignore list here.

And I liked ZG, chatted with him many times, really had no idea what his issue might have been... never did.  I miss his interesting postings; glad to see he responded to this thread, is well, and hope to see him posting again more regularly!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »
I got a t-shirt from my sister 34 years ago, that says, "It's hard to soar with eagles, when you have to deal with so many turkeys". No longer fit into that shirt, but it helps me stay focused on the fact that our lives can be affected by others in a way we don't need or desire, but have to deal with daily.  I've been here almost a year now, and it is my favorite landing spot on the web.  Joined COG, but for some unexplained reason, I seldomly ever go to the site.  I have enjoyed being with everyone on this site, and hope to never depart. 

OK, I'm ready for any bashing, now....tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 04:57:10 PM »
I'm moving this to Open...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 07:09:51 PM »
Glad to hear all is well ZG.  Post some pics when you get a chance.   8)
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »

All good TWA!  :chugbeer:

Hmmm... Well I did do a couple things since I last checked in here that I have some pics of.  ;)

I did some basic brake caliper and additional lighting upgrades around Christmas time, and just the other week upgraded my Zumo 660 to the new Zumo 590 that comes equipped with Pandora amongst a bunch of other cool features.  :)

2015 Connie tinted front brake and clutch reservoirs, 2015 ZX14R Anniversary Model front and rear gold calipers, and PIAA 1100 LED lights using the PCA mounts...

Hope these work for ya for entertainment!  :chugbeer:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2015, 09:23:48 PM »
Nicely done!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Gsun

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 10:38:30 PM »
The pic ho is back!

Offline Jay

• 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2015, 05:03:03 AM »

Now you've done it.
- 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14, Black
- 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000ST (Shaft Drive)
- 1976 Triumph Bonneville 750

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2015, 05:32:56 AM »
I got a t-shirt from my sister 34 years ago, that says, "It's hard to soar with eagles, when you have to deal with so many turkeys". No longer fit into that shirt, but it helps me stay focused on the fact that our lives can be affected by others in a way we don't need or desire, but have to deal with daily.  I've been here almost a year now, and it is my favorite landing spot on the web.  Joined COG, but for some unexplained reason, I seldomly ever go to the site.  I have enjoyed being with everyone on this site, and hope to never depart. 

OK, I'm ready for any bashing, now....tomp

:grouphug:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2015, 05:33:42 AM »

Be careful what you ask for...    :rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2015, 08:08:34 AM »
Awesome!  Sometimes I wish I was creative, instead of just buying off the shelf.  Looks like you inspired both the 2014 and 2015 Kawasaki offerings.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
   Nicely outfitted ZG! :thumbs:   Do you have any pics of the light pattern w/ the PIAA's on / off?

Wow, & here I thought I was the only one that had those same thoughts about the "controllers" over on the "official" site!  PM me if you want to know about a phone conversation regarding a certain national rally that turned me sour against the bunch.

Even though they say it's water-under-the-bridge, there's still a lot of bad feelings from the 2 forums turmoil from a few years back & IMO, it STILL CONTROLS THEIR ACTIONS!!!  :(   

But, that was in the past & life rolls on..... 

'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »
I really like the smoked plastic reservoirs- did you say they were just stock '15 types from Kawi? Very slick....

And what movie is that playing on the little TV in the last photo?

:-)

Brian

All good TWA!  :chugbeer:

Hmmm... Well I did do a couple things since I last checked in here that I have some pics of.  ;)

I did some basic brake caliper and additional lighting upgrades around Christmas time, and just the other week upgraded my Zumo 660 to the new Zumo 590 that comes equipped with Pandora amongst a bunch of other cool features.  :)

2015 Connie tinted front brake and clutch reservoirs,

<snip>

Hope these work for ya for entertainment!  :chugbeer:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com