Author Topic: crazy summer fun in the PNW...  (Read 4099 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
crazy summer fun in the PNW...
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Ok, it is mid-July right?

It hasn't stopped raining all day and the temp got up to a wopping 61!!

I've got a pot of my chili cooking on the stove inside...

So I'm out in the garage with sweats and a long sleeve shirt on, have a nice cold beer in hand (ok, my 3rd) and actually just took the time to clean my freakin kickstand...

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
Re: crazy summer fun in the PNW...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
Yep..crazy is an adequate description...I looked outside saw it was "grey" and thought I would go for a short ride, so I put on my leather pants, then my leather boots, got into my motorcycle jacket grabbed my helmet and gloves and headed out to the garage opened the garage door and lo and behold it is starting to sprinkle...my wife says well just ride around the block a few times... but I ain't gonna wash all that road wash off of the bike for a few times around the block...then it starts to really rain, so I took all of the gear off...boy that chilli sure looks good when is dinner? Boy that must be the cleanest kick stand in the area!
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »
 :rotflmao:

Thanks Jax. Yep 3 different kinds of peppers, 2 types of meat, and 3 different beans, it is good stuff indeed, just don't normally make it in mid freakin July... I should be out on the deck in shorts doing some bbq...  :banghead:

The kickstand is so clean I could use it to stir the chili with...  ;D

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
If we have another "summer" like last year I'm movin to Arizona, I don't care how hot it is there.

Offline Glenn

• 2011 Concours14, 1984 KZ1100R, 2008 KLR685
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
Here in Victoria the sun actually shone yesterday... only problem was that it was raining at the same time! :o Its starting to become tiresome. :(

The good news is that on Thursday I leave here for the warm climes of Wenatchee! ;D Weather outlook for there is, Friday-sunny high 82, Saturday and Sunday-sunny high 85! 8)
"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »
I'll trade you any day. Today was a blistering 95f and at 9:15pm it's still a sultry 85f and muggy.   
and actually just took the time to clean my freakin kickstand..

I think that should be entered in the Kickstand Hall of Fame.
"Always take the long way home."

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 08:20:23 PM »
I think that should be entered in the Kickstand Hall of Fame.

;D ;D ;D

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Yesterday (Saturday) I had to run some errands, so I took the Connie since it has better rain protection than the Wee (as we all know).  When I left beautiful downtown Grapeview, it was 62 degrees and drizzling.  In Olympia it was cooler, and pouring rain.  'Round the horn and up I-5 to Lacey it was dry but overcast.  By the time I got to Tacoma, it was bright sun, close to 70 degrees, roads dry.  After about an hour, I headed back south on I-5, passing Lacey again I hit solid pounding rain and near-zero visibility, and back in Grapeview it was evening, 54 degrees and drizzling. 

I loves the PNW.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline NDCUNIONGUY

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 03:54:47 AM »
I loves the PNW.

Yeah!  I didn't want to ride today anyway cuz tomorrow will be nicer.

ZG:  I like your style on that chili.  I use Costco stew meat, 4 types of beans, several colors of bell peppers, jalapenos, anaheims, habaneros and Spaten Optimator.  I'll post a pic next time around.

My god, that kickstand is almost obscene.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 05:22:15 AM »
Good lookin Chili there ZG.   :P

You only got into the 60's? I'm about 30 higher than that here. Mid 90's yesterday with dew points way up there too. More of the same all week, yuck!

Hey, no Big Foot on your kick stand? You missed a farkle bro.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 06:45:20 AM »
Going to be pushing 100 or worse all week here in the broiling Midwest. Me, I'm going racing (mx). Taking along LOTS of water (and beer).

Offline wildwilly

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 08:10:20 AM »
I'm sitting here, debating whether or not to clean the mud off yet again.  I don't mind riding in the rain.  I just wish all the jackar$$es with the the all-terrain tires and no mud-flaps weren't also the ones who play self-appointed rolling-road-block in the fast lane. 

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 08:32:53 AM »
ZG, you really need to get over this phobia about riding in the rain.  Seriously...you're not going to melt, I promise.   :rotflmao:
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 09:38:43 AM »
ZG, you really need to get over this phobia about riding in the rain.  Seriously...you're not going to melt, I promise.   :rotflmao:

MF,
Oh trust me, I've more than put in my time of riding in the rain, 20+ years ago when I was in college I only had a bike as transportation, I rode every day through 2 full winters in the PNW...  :(

It's not that I can't ride in the rain, but to me it just isn't all that much fun... I do get caught in the rain often here living in the PNW, but if it's dumping buckets outside I just don't feel inspired to go out just for a casual rip...  :-\

Offline NDCUNIONGUY

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »

MF,
Oh trust me, I've more than put in my time of riding in the rain, 20+ years ago when I was in college I only had a bike as transportation, I rode every day through 2 full winters in the PNW...  :(

It's not that I can't ride in the rain, but to me it just isn't all that much fun... I do get caught in the rain often here living in the PNW, but if it's dumping buckets outside I just don't feel inspired to go out just for a casual rip...  :-\

Exactly, this is supposed to be fun.