Author Topic: It's not exactly a Concours..,  (Read 6106 times)

Offline Mr. Green Genes

It's not exactly a Concours..,
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:16:37 PM »
Hell, it's not even a motorcycle.  A friend has an MTD Yardmaster riding mower with a flat tire.  Tubeless, but it's a sidewall cut.  He can't get the wheel off.  Rear wheel, left side, 1 bolt in the center.  Pulled the bolt out and now it looks like the next step is to get a big hammer and start knocking the wheel off from the inside.  I am just no willing to take the next step.  The whole thing looks under engineered and probably won't receive the big hammer appraoch well.  Any suggestions?

Offline Roadhound

• Arena
Re: It's not exactly a Concours..,
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »
I think those things are like Bic Lighters, if any part goes bad you just throw it away and get a new one. ;D
Don Ricks
Atlanta, Ga.

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive."

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:36:36 AM »
Soak it in PB Blaster and try it again in the morning. The hammer thing usually does work though.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 08:45:06 AM »
My MTD snowblower has a small retainer clip around the axle in addition to the bolt that holds the wheel on.  I didn't see it the first time I took a wheel off.  Not sure if the lawnmowers have that too.  If there is no clip, I would get some penetrating oil (kroil or generic) and soak it for a few minutes.  That stuff works wonders.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten