Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303065 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2014, 05:13:13 AM »
What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams  I think I cried the entire movie.

Some interesting tidbits...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120889/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2014, 05:28:09 AM »
You should have followed that up with Patch Adams, Mrs Doubtfire, or Popeye.    :)

I've seen Doubtfire, but I don't think I've seen Patch Adams or Popeye for that matter.  Between Netflix and Amazon Prime there's quite a few movies I want to watch.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2014, 05:45:07 AM »
I've seen Doubtfire, but I don't think I've seen Patch Adams or Popeye for that matter.  Between Netflix and Amazon Prime there's quite a few movies I want to watch.

I would recommend both of those movies.    :thumbs:

I Yam What I Yam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhxDQ1g964U
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2014, 06:14:31 AM »
I use that line with my wife all the time..all I get is  ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2014, 06:17:49 AM »
I use that line with my wife all the time..all I get is  ::)
If you follow that with..."you knew that when you married me." you'll get... :battle:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2014, 06:36:59 AM »
Actually I think that she didn't know that and neither did I.  I was 21 and she was 18.....although there were certain signs occurring.

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2014, 07:14:32 AM »
Well,

oddly, been watching "Orange is the New Black".

The story is great, as Im stuck in Afghanistan I can relate to a loss of freedom, institutional food, and mandated clothing.....

The amount of hyper sexualization is way over the top tho.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2014, 07:26:35 AM »
First episode series one of The Killing..   :censored: I'm hooked.  Will have to re-watch when the wifey gets home.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »
We just finished the last (current) season, six episodes, which closes out the series. Very good series, probably my wife's favorite TV show. It is a little different (not a bad thing at all) in that the first two seasons are one single arc, then season three is a totally different arc, and season 4 is both a new arc interspersed with the end of season 3's arc.

Brian

First episode series one of The Killing..   :censored: I'm hooked.  Will have to re-watch when the wifey gets home.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
Well,

oddly, been watching "Orange is the New Black".

The story is great, as Im stuck in Afghanistan I can relate to a loss of freedom, institutional food, and mandated clothing.....

The amount of hyper sexualization is way over the top tho.

I started watching that, didn't expect to like it and wound up binge watching the entire series.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2014, 11:12:30 PM »
last night watched The Hunger Games... meh, ok...
tonight watched the Starving Games, parody...hilarious after watching HG....

watching Expendables 2 now, again, just because of the cameo in Starving games....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2014, 04:07:00 AM »
Motorola Surfboard SB5101

Offline Conrad

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2014, 06:59:22 AM »
Anyone watching The Bridge? It's bit 'different', good stuff though.   

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2014, 07:03:54 AM »
Where do you guys find the time to do all this watching? Except You C, you're retired. I mean everybody else. There's only 24 hours in a day IIRC.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2014, 07:16:23 AM »
Where do you guys find the time to do all this watching? Except You C, you're retired. I mean everybody else. There's only 24 hours in a day IIRC.

Believe it or not, I never even turn the TV on during the daytime. I only watch at night.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2014, 11:04:50 AM »

It's extremely difficult as we tape quite a few shows.  The majority I watch with my wife and she's been gone for nearly a week.  It's tough to catch up as I don't watch them unless she does as well.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2014, 12:02:31 PM »
We're current with that one as of last night. Not a bad show. Again, my wife likes it more than I do.

Just started in on the first episode of the original The Outer Limits. :-)  This is where Andrea would say that 1) that show sucks, and 2) I like it a LOT more than she does and finally 3).... that show sucks. It is kinda' grainy; it is in high res. but the original film just did not make it to 720 very well.

Brian

Anyone watching The Bridge? It's bit 'different', good stuff though.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
Yankees post game show on YES Network..  :)
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2014, 05:47:57 PM »
Aladdin...cartoon version with Robin Williams.

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2014, 07:02:04 AM »
Fox News..
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin